Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Can we be very poo poo for another year? I have faith!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Non Compos Mentis posted:

God people are whinging about woolies and big w not selling australia day stuff

Oh no where will i get my cheaply foreign made flag now

Couple of things.

1/ According to Woolworths/Big W they aren't stocking them because they aren't selling. This is the company that put out hot crossed buns on boxing day. If it makes a buck it is their absolute determined position that they will sell it by as many bushells as possible. I could take solace in this as it apparently means the absolute worst brain dead sheep fuckers are less and less part of our populace. This brings me to 2/

2/ Woolies (et al) are about to be absolutely caned in an enquiry in to supermarket profit gouging https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2024-01-08/accc-supermarket-pricing-inquiry-calls-pricing-gouging-claims/103293344 wouldn't it be nice to have a huge smoke screen about irelevant poo poo pumping out all over the shop. The timing actually works better than it initially appears because the anti woke crowd will be in a lather about this and other Australia Day related bullshit for months to come. Lets see how that plays out.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Soz.

I'll go and bury myself in the corner now.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

SadisTech posted:

of the grid?
Duh!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

The Artificial Kid posted:

If you’re not a concession card holder then your GP and their practice combined got less money for that consultation then my local barber charges for a basic haircut with no extras.
The hair cut will take at least twice as long.

Your point still stands however.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Laserface posted:

Bikes good, maybe make them even better with infrastructure (if u want)
tl;dr

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

an egg posted:

my des provider is making me fill out an obligatory gratitude journal lol
Use only lines from the following:

quote:

Reasons to be cheerful, part three
1, 2, 3

Summer, Buddy Holly, the working folly
Good golly, Miss Molly and boats
Hammersmith Palais, the Bolshoi Ballet
Jump back in the alley and nanny goats
Eighteen wheeler Scammells, Dominica camels
All other mammals plus equal votes
Seeing Piccadilly, Fanny Smith and Willie
Being rather silly and porridge oats
A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
Too short to be haughty, too nutty to be naughty
Going on forty, no electric shocks
The juice of a carrot, the smile of a parrot
A little drop of claret, anything that rocks
Elvis and Scotty, the days when I ain't spotty
Sitting on a potty, curing smallpox

Reasons to be cheerful, one, two, three

Reasons to be cheerful, part three, verse two

Health service glasses, gigolos and brasses
Round or skinny bottoms
Take your mum to Paris, lighting up a chalice
Wee Willie Harris
Bantu Steven Biko, listening to Rico
Harpo Groucho Chico
Cheddar cheese and pickle, the Vincent motorsickle
Slap and tickle
Woody Allen, Dali, Dmitri and Pasquale
Balla, balla, balla and Volare
Something nice to study, phoning up a buddy
Being in my nuddy
Saying okey-dokey, sing-a-long a Smokey
Coming out of chokie
John Coltrane's soprano, Adie Celentano
Bonar Colleano

What about a, what about a, what about a, what about a
What about a, what about a what?

Yes, yes, dear, dear perhaps next year
Or maybe even never
In which case...

Woody Allan, Dali, Domitrie and Pascale
Balla, balla, balla and Volare
Something nice to study, phoning up a buddy
Being in my nuddy
Saying okey-dokey, sing-a-long a Smokie
Coming out a chokie
John Coltrane's soprano, Adie Celentano
Beuno Colino

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

EoinCannon posted:

I'm OK with the supermarket duopoly being the Australia Day battleground, it's extremely Australian
Any advertising is good advertising. Especially if it is free.

birdstrike posted:

part of the LNY celebrations
How?

He isn't dead yet.

The only defensive thing morrison should see is the inside of a torpedo tube
Wrong. The front end of a HK 51 would also work.

Seriously this guy is a complete screaming weenie. Why couldn't he have waited the year or so which would mean we don't have to pay for a loving by election? I seriously hated Malcolm Fraser but can't quite raise the energy to dance on his grave. John Howard was absolutely the worst. Then we have NTATA. It is baffling that such a milquetoast waste of space can generate this level of disgust and contempt and yet here we are.

I know its m8, i just thought there was some horrible atrocity on that day that people were referencing
Yes. It's called Australia.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hooman posted:

Weird how this keeps happening!
It is all their extensive experience in public broadcasting!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

There’s already a wealth tax on landowners.
Do you mean this?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-10/victorians-to-pay-most-property-tax-next-financial-year/102581716

https://taxpolicy.crawford.anu.edu.au/sites/default/files/uploads/taxstudies_crawford_anu_edu_au/2020-12/tax_fact_16_2020.pdf

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Yeah, I was referring to land tax.
Which, acounting for inflation, is Amanda Vanstone's GST sandwich and milkshake.

GoldStandardConure posted:

*boat rocks up to australia*

*shoots at the natives*

they live such peaceful and idyllic lives

*shoots more natives*
Lies! Oh wait...

quote:

Six meetings between Endeavour’s crew and the Guugu Yimithirr took place with one visit ending in an altercation after Cook refused to share the turtles found on the Endeavour, with the local inhabitants.

They were chased away after twice setting fire to Cook’s camp, burning all around the camp and killing a suckling pig.

Cook wounded one man with musket shot and followed the group until he caught up with them on a rocky bar near the end of Furneaux Street, now known as Reconciliation Rocks.

https://www.cooktownandcapeyork.com/do/history/cookslanding

And please help us fix out boat tyvm.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

SecretOfSteel posted:

Remember people: "Go Woke Go Broke!"

Edit: Oh new page, video time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bofLnrFPerE
Why the gently caress would you give that clicks? Aus Pollers don't click on a video supporting Trump and Maga lunacy.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

GrandTheftAutism posted:

poo poo TOWNS OF AUSTRALIA POWER RANKINGS: EXTENDED SUMMER EDITION
The NSW Commissioner of Police Karen Webb wishes to express her heartfelt delight at NSW being so poorly represented. How the activities of 'Gooch Squad™' escaped detection during the festival season is a testement to the quality of NSW journalism and the apathy of the general public. She thanks the people of NSW for continuing to turn a blind eye.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Here, I think this might move the disscussion forward:

https://roads-waterways.transport.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/bicycles/bicycles-law-compliance-helmet-use-nsw-1994.pdf

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

webmeister posted:

Yeah, I agree that it will be cheaper than eg Westconnex, or the various Metro projects.

But how much cheaper? You don’t know.
How much will it cost, even ballpark? You don’t know.
Is it the best way to encourage cycling? You don’t know.

I’m not saying you need to have quotes and tenders etc, but you absolutely need to look at similar projects and how much they cost, then estimate yours accordingly. You have done none of this, you just insist that it’s obviously cheap. If it was blindingly obvious, nobody would be querying you about it - so maybe you should think about why that is.

And again: stop arguing minutiae on the internet. Do some actual research that isn’t drawing lines on Google maps, and update your document appropriately with facts and figures - not guesses and conjecture. And for gods sake, show it people who actually care.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Eediot Jedi posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-01/daniel-keneally-sentenced-fabricating-evidence-nsw-police/103413136

three weeks in jail on the back of a police officer lying, only cleared because they provided their own evidence, but it's no big deal, it wasn't planned. Amazing news that nsw police don't record incoming calls.
Why the gently caress wasn't Danny Boy given at least three weeks jail? That's not justice. I actually support the judicuary's ability to be independant and sentence as the individual circumstances dictate. However, this was deliberate, malicious and unconfessed. It appears that his being a pig (at the time) actually lessened the sentence.....gently caress that poo poo.

Imagine being so hosed up that even the NSW Police won't have you.... Even unfit for Gooch Squad your honour!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Mola Yam posted:

hey instead of bike paths can we post about how the state of tasmania should be dissolved (fyi: child sex abuse related):

https://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2024/february/nick-feik/rotten-core#mtr

tl;dr is that the entire policing, justice, health, education and political structure of tasmania is a matryoshka doll of bureaucratic laziness, pride, corruption, and looking after your small town mates, with the smallest russian doll at the centre being rampant institutional child abuse.
gently caress.

Unless you are a victim or a victim support person you owe it to the children of tasmania to force youself to read through that. gently caress knows what you can then do with that information but it will mean you can no longer tell yourself you just didn't know or realise it was going on.

Remember please, what state Grace Tame came from too.

The above makes what I am about to ask seem petty and insignificant but... I am currently involved in dragging a local rural shire out of the grasp of the National Party. A recent SRV process has even enraged the NFF. If anyone has releveant experience in local government policies and administration shoot me a pm. The rest of you in NSW please make a response to https://www.ipart.nsw.gov.au/Home/Industries/Local-Government/Review-of-council-financial-model-in-NSW If you are not fully aware both the Federal and State governments have been cost shifting onto local councils. This has made Special Rate Variations routine for most NSW councils. Increasing rates removes money from everyone in a community and is therefore a terrible (non-progressive) tax. Eventually the poorest lose the capacity to pay for their existing housing and become homeless. It is an emerging crisis. Thanks for your time and patience.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Nemesis was good, I quite enjoyed Turnbull calling Peter Dutton a thug on national television
I really thought I was going to like it. Shadenfrauden out the wazzoo, dickheads being mean to each other, world famous faceplants to revisit but after ten minutes I realised I already never wanted to see any of those toxic gently caress muppets ever again, even to spit on them.

I know I have thrown the Productivity Commission under the bus on every occassion that has become available. This time :shrug:

https://www.pc.gov.au/inquiries/completed/closing-the-gap-review#report

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-07/closing-the-gap/103432806

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/feb/07/closing-the-gap-agreement-indigenous-outcomes-update-reforms

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Like Hambeet I have also been involved in the sucessful implementation of a cycleway. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernleigh_Track I was a founding member of the Newcastle Cycleways Movement. I'm sure I've mentioned this before. That easement also already existed and yet it took twenty years and nearly failed to happen multiple times. This is my last attempt to seriously respond to you. https://www.newcastlecycleways.org.au/cyclesafe-network Look at what and how other people have succeded. Find an existing organisation that already involves itself with these things. Most crucially get a team behind you. Why is this crucial? If you can not successfully negiotiate the politics of a small group you have ZERO hope of succeeding with a council or a state government. It is none the less a very worthwhile cause ( I reserve judgement on your actual plan).

In Auspol news https://www.news.com.au/national/pe...d08311efd5c4e13

To spare you having to give them clicks

quote:

In an emotional press interview opposition leader Peter Dutton said that Barnaby had been the victim of an online terror gang and that the Albanese government was not doing enough to protect Australian from these cyber criminals. "He had his life hacked. It's obvious to anyone in the know. Anyone who is properly acquanted with him is aware that this isn't how Barnaby behaves. If I am elected I will get to the bottom of this. Those responsible will be hunted down and brought to justice. Aussie justice. By proper Aussies. In a true Aussie way. Thank you and I will nott be taking any questions at this time."

This does seem to leave Barnaby completely in the clear. Joyce also wanted the media to know that it was some other bloke who left his previous wife and got his current wife pregnant. "These life hackers are everwhere. I can't click on anything these days without seeing a new life hack. I would be less than human if I didn't try a few. Let this be a warning to others!".

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What I'm sure your point will be what I am about to write, reminder Howard was seriously loving racist for anyone else. Real loving rich Downer screaming racism when the govt he was part of did the Children Overboard scare
And gave One Nation a free pass. They aren't considered Racist because nobody (in the LNP) called them that ever.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Spookydonut posted:

what if we use busses to connect the missing links in the cycle path network?

or maybe a train?

drones are everywhere these days so using those to carry cyclists over roads is basically free right?
Pfft! Amateur! Monorail to the Node. Nuclear powered so it's literally free.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Lube Enthusiast posted:

He’s ignored a dozen posters telling him to stop, and the multiple probes from mods itt telling him to shut up.

lmao what makes you think this request will be any different?
He's making the request for him to stop direct to the Premier! Duh.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

how do you get into the airport

Cycleways across the active runways.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Guess what the Wright brothers did for a job
The premier?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I have way more important things I should be doing and yet here we are:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Animal Friend posted:

no mention of Captain Cook?
2 minutes in MS paint and all your dreams can come true!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

NPR Journalizard posted:

Its loving infuriating that the journalists on this country dont ask the amazingly basic questions that would show how full of poo poo the LNP is.

https://www.abf.gov.au/newsroom-sub...Sontar-RAN.aspx

quote:

16/02/2024

This is a statement from Commander Joint Agency Task Force Operation Sovereign Borders, Rear Admiral Brett Sonter RAN

​​​The mission of Operation Sovereign Borders remains the same today as it was when it was established in 2013: protect Australia's borders, combat people smuggling in our region, and importantly, prevent people from risking their lives at sea.

Any alternate narrative will be exploited by criminal people smugglers to deceive potential irregular immigrants and convince them to risk their lives and travel to Australia by boat.

While the operation is ongoing, no further comment will be provided.

Embarrassing really. Well not perhaps as embarrassing as Australia having an 'indentured worker' category for a visa. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...2Dterm%20stream

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

23 Skidoo posted:

Who do we call for hot single Au Pairs in our neighbourhood? I tried calling Peter Dutton’s office but they just laughed at me
Obviously! That's Barnaby's department!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Tomberforce posted:

Fresh in our Memories, Brad :(
An early ANZAC day miracle!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
This is a great opportunity for the Greens. The Nationals are increasingly on the nose to the NFF* who are their key constituency. Farms in Australia are largely unprofitable making farmers rely on off farm income to continue to live on the land. In NSW the rural land rating system is pretty much fixed. The council charges the general rate based on the valuer generals land value and there is no mechanism of relief. This (in a run away property market) ratchets up on of the many costs levied on the farmer. If the Greens could negotiate (with the NFF) a system whereby there was an agreed minimum wholesale price for all farm produce, farms might be more prepared (or even able) to engage in sustainable farming practices.

I mean, unless you want to read my manifesto on smashing the patriarchy and feeding the wealthy through a series of solar powered wood chippers, it is clearly the only way forward.

*National Farmer's Federation.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Forget I spoke. Should have done some research first.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Konomex posted:

I'm all for a greener, cleaner future with less disgusting rich people all over the place. Even with them all over the fields. But a solar powered wood chipper sounds like it'll catch some cloud part way through and slow down. It's hard enough feeding wood into my electric wood chipper, I hope that thing's got batteries.
You clearly haven't read my manifesto.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Anidav posted:

Anyone who wishes me a happy birthday today will get a 6 hour prob.
What if I wished you one before the warning? Come on Dave. My rap sheets been looking kind of tired lately.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Bucky Fullminster posted:

At some events it's practically extortion. The police say "You need X officers on site, that'll be $50,000, cough up". It played a big role in some of them going under.

RIP Peats Ridge

quote:

Shortly after the 2012 festival, the company running it went into liquidation, citing poor ticket sales.[3] However, there were accusations that Matt Grant, the festival organiser, had embezzled $1.3 million and destroyed records.[4] Many creditors, including the John Butler Trio, were owed a total of $1.25 million.[5]
Clearly the POLICE were the problem here.

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/peats-ridge-director-matt-grant-accused-of-embezzling-1-3-million/#/slide/1

quote:

According to TheMusic, an investigation was launched by liquidators Worrells, who have so far only been able to recover $158,975, not even enough to cover the liquidation fees. They’ve established that $1.4 million in ticket revenue is unaccounted for and that emails and files have been deleted from the company computer, with Mal Tulloch of the Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance saying, “There is a litany of illegal behaviour, we believe, by the director.”

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

JBP posted:

How is Mardi Gras for trans people anyway? From the outside looking in it seems like white gay men brought to you by Toyota and CommBank.
Can't talk about today but when it was started it was basically a "let all the kinks out" fest that was supported by the whole of the Darlinghurst/Kings Cross precinct. The main event being a bachannal after the parade that was invite only. Or so someone tells me.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

its adoption by the global feminist movement in the late 1960s.
Only women could gently caress up IWD.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

so why wouldnt asio name the ex poli? its not like they can use them to get info on china now that they told everyone they found their traitor
If you believe ASIO:

Far enough in the past that the current legislation doesn't apply. This means naming them (without sucessful prosecution) would be libelous.
Do not want to reveal the ways and means of detection (This one seems complete BS but we prob won't know for sure for 50 years).
They stopped it before it did any harm therefore no point really.

I personally think there are political shenanigans going on and unless they are named under privilege in Parliament both sides are looking bad (ie it was a Labor guy screwing with an LNP contact or vis-a-versa). Given the Kartofelfuhurer would throw his Mum under a bus for a grain of political advantage sand it mustn't make the Labor side look bad. It's a Labor administration (so they get to look at the most juicy TOP SECRET AUSTEO stuff) so if it was a big poo on the LNP I would think someone would reveal it. :shrug:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
How is anyone in Dunkley voting for Nathan Conroy? He looks like he just retrieved his head from the dunny after his last private school head flushing. And obv. he is from the loving LNP. People suck.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
12 months ago the report into Robodebt dropped. It recommended civil and criminal prosecutions (in a sealed chapter). So far Mike Pezzullo (Home Affairs Secretary and chum of Dutton) has been dissmissed. He still retains his AO. Kathryn Campbell resigned from her new job at Defence for $900,000 PA overseeing the AUKUS deal. She still retains her honours (AO and Bar). That's it. There was a public apology from parliament (That 51 LNP members voted against) and much hand wringing but so far after 12 months and a sea of pain we have two clowns lightly bitch slapped.

If that doesn't make you shake with rage, please read the source documents below.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-08/public-servants-breached-aps-code-of-conduct-robodebt/103444124
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-13/government-formally-responds-to-robodebt-royal-commission/103097888
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-24/kathryn-campbell-resigns-from-defence-department-after-robodebt/102641370
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-20/kathryn-campbell-suspended-without-pay-over-robodebt/102623918
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-08-10/federal-parliament-apologises-to-robodebt-victims/102707908
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-26/robodebt-behavioural-science-shaped-decisions/102645522
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-07/robodebt-royal-commission-findings-revealed/102531450
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathryn_Campbell
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pezzullo

Only one more square on BUCKY BINGO! :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

lih posted:

pezullo had nothing to do with robodebt and was dismissed for unrelated reasons. it is bad how long the follow-up investigations are taking, but we have heard that four public servants have been found to have breached the code of conduct
Good catch. My bad.