Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

I can't read this loving thread anymore. Bucky is worse for this place than IWC was.

IWC was pretty funny though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

You can't tell me there haven't been some real diamonds in the rough in the Bucky posting. "Get the army reserve to dig a tunnel" is still right there

The mad max garbage city in the desert to house the reffos was a good one too, but IWC buying hundreds of accounts just to troll auspol is next level

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

The CGT discount is the real issue anyway, they should bring back indexation.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Yeah they seem pretty cool with silencing and intimidating prominent muslims

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Non Compos Mentis posted:

yeah someone should have helped barnaby

by pissing on him

“Sorry officer, he was so red I thought he was on fire and needed to be put out”

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

HazCat posted:

If Jews do not want to be associated with Zionism they need to denounce Zionism because Zionism is intentionally actively associating Judaism with Zionism and if Jews do not fight then Zionists will successfully make that association.

I am not saying 'if Jews don't denounce Zionism they deserve to face anti-semitism', I am saying that if Jews do not denounce Zionism they will face anti-semitism, because Zionism intentionally stokes anti-semitism against Jews. I am not making a moral argument in defense of anti-semitism against anyone.

I cannot possibly be clearer that I am not an anti-semite, that I do not hold anti-semetic beliefs, that all I want is for Jews to not be associated with Zionism against their will, which is what was happening in this thread. And just for further clarity, I believe everybody has a moral obligation to condemn Israel even if it is not in their personal best interest, because Israel is committing genocide.

When someone says 'the Jews control the media', the correct response is not 'you can't say that, that's anti-semitic'. It's 'no they don't, you're talking about the Zionists'.

When someone says 'the Jews are interfering with international poltiics'the correct response is not 'you can't say that, that's anti-semitic'. It's 'no they don't, you're talking about the Zionists'.

When someone says 'Jews poisoned wells', the correct response is not 'you can't say that, that's anti-semitic'. It's 'no they didn't, you're talking about the Zionists'.

And if they say 'well, but that's the same thing really, isn't it?' the correct response is 'no, Zionism is not Judaism, the Jews are not to blame for the actions Zionists take, no matter how much Zionists claim they represent all Jews'.

Anti-Zionism is not anti-semitism.

TBH not flying an Israeli flag is probably as far as it needs to go. Condemning genocide and the states who commit it is something everyone should be doing so I don’t think singling out Jewish people calling on them in particular to denounce it is fair or useful.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Why even resort to blaming cabals of Jews controlling the media when Israeli soft power is right there?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

3/10 no stackhat

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Yeast posted:

Well just get the army reserve in for 2050 and get them to do it for free, it’s what they’re training for anyway.

Are you still talking about an airport or LZ Red Rooster?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

how do you get into the airport

Can I interest you in a nice bike path?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Think of how fast you’ll ride with jet wash to push you along

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Majestic posted:

It's got to be a troll at this point, surely.

The guy who has spammed the thread with fifty thousand words about cycle paths and urban planning isn't seriously posting pictures of "airports" he sketched on a notepad.

Counterpoint - no one would go to all the effort of writing The Article just as a troll

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Budzilla posted:

Bring back thatfatkid so we can all be abused for not wanting a 2000KM HSR, that's the sort of rail chat that auspol needs.

I think heaps of therapy might be more important for that guy than being let back in to post more

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

starkebn posted:

ABC article about Brisbane house prices going up and it's hard for people to buy, then there's this image

what the gently caress is "Total Return" implying you fucks?

get in the bin

With shares/ETFs total return normally implies price + income return e.g. stock price went up 8% and you got a 4% dividend so the total return is 12%.

That would be giving a median rental yield of over 5% in some of those cities, but from what I have seen it's closer to 2% for residential property.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

hooman posted:

Someone throw this grub into the sea.

His type of Christianity is big on the idea that Israel needs to exist for the end times to occur so they’re all extremely pro Israel.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’d agree with you like a year ago but the NFF have flipped back to being culture warriors and weirdos based on their president.

What was the basis for the recent infighting in the NFF? The new prez too woke for them?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Final version went to the Transport Minister’s office on Friday. Well, her local office at least, will follow up next week. Thanks again for all the help. Sorry I didn't workshop the cover-letter, it leaned on the "Previous governments have failed to give cycle-planning the respect it deserves, instead relying on local councils to pitch individual segments, but this government has an opportunity to fix that, with a top-down approach to route design that delivers a transformative project you can call your own", which I think is a good angle.

When I don’t hear anything back I’ll encourage everyone to send it to their local councils and MPs and cycling groups and hope it makes its way up from there.

edit - I wish everyone is just nice to Dav in general

I’m sure this wasn’t just pinned to the notice board in the lunch room with all the other crank correspondence for people to have a chuckle at

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

JBP is considerably less oblivious than three olives

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Rivercats cruise at about 33 km/hr, and it's 15 km from Newington to the Opera House.

Trip Planner says it's over 30 minutes by train to Central, and I know it took longer than that after Big Day Out.

But sure, it's close and maybe there's too many variables involved, so strike that one if you like.

If we're talking about Kirribilli / Taronga / Rose Bay / Manly, and not just a race to the Quay, then it's obviously no contest.

Those ferries are taking up space that could be used by a less polluting and more flexible form of transport

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

remember: gently caress whitey

thats_racist.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

GrandTheftAutism posted: