Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

why do we have an auspol thread when the only politics that matter are victorian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Cartoon posted:

Can we be very poo poo for another year? I have faith!

new year, new grid

lih posted:

yeah you would think but they committed to morrison's stage 3 tax cuts (a terrible idea for this reason among many others) and that means the amount of spending required to get bulk-billing working again is not really viable and they really really don't want to be seen to break a promise

lol i randomly remembered "core and non core promises" the other day talking to someone about Howard era politics.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/jan/14/victoria-pub-gambling-machines-tab-ban-teenager

wtf

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2024-01-20/potato-crops-in-australia-are-still-susceptible-to-shortages/103368238

What does this mean for Dutton?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

this is the most pathetic poo poo lmao

this is the Australia we celebrate

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

"Kim Williams, a former chief executive of News Corp Australia, will replace Ita Buttrose as chair of the ABC."

Cool

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Anidav you should send her another bouquet

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Bucky Fullminster posted:

How does anyone who's been to an event at Homebush not look at this and salivate:

It costs almost literally nothing! There is a wharf there already, and we have a bunch of boats ready to go. We can do it tomorrow if we want.

And how good would this be:

This is probably the heart and soul of it:

Come on:

And imagine the bridge over this blue line:

It's mostly there already. We just need to link up a few sections, and designate the rest accordingly.

can we add images to the word cloud?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

Whenever Craig Kelly says/does something I always think of the ex-Collingwood player turned Manager.

I think of the Independant State of Croatia

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Hey look it's 7 km of perfectly peaceful path we can have for literally free

Which can then go on to another 23 km of straight run we can have for literally free that admittedly doesn't go anywhere especially useful but which would be good to get some of the speedy trainers out of everyone else's way:

And hey look it's one of the 12 wharves which are already built and ready to go, tick, done. The Beautiful Balmain East. Many giant steps along the land, one small leap across the water.

Where is the "free" part?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Just open the gate and tell Sydney Water to quit being greedy sooks.

Anyone who wants to damage the pipes can already do so, they're not protecting anything by locking it all off, and on the sporadic occasions their service vehicles do need to get in there's plenty of space to share.

(So the path is already there and free, but yes we might need to dig a few short tunnels under the road crossings, if we don't want to just give bikes and pedestrians right-of-way going over them).

ok so it's not free

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Fine, fight with motorists for 7 km of path somewhere else instead. Take lanes and parking spaces away from them. Find another way across that chasm. Build a whole new path, have them run along cars, and then solve all those things you mentioned too. Or just abandon the people there to car dependence.

This road is ready to go. Everything up to this point is paid for. That’s what’s literally free you ridiculous pedants. Also you avoid having to pay for all those fights.

We can physically ride it tomorrow with no money changing hands. It's not about building infrastructure, it's about making different decisions. Sydney Water is owned by the NSW government. If the premier wants to get it open he can. And the "planing and construction" column for the path part will be $0.

And if you're worried about the cost of the tunnels just get the army reserve to dig them as an exercise or something.

just get a wizard to do it

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

just get the army reserve to drive the busses

free public transit solved

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The pair sat down for a much-talked-about interview with Good Weekend magazine last July, in which Bond, now a Sky News Australia presenter, said he had 'a thing for older women' and the first thought he had when he met Waterland was 'you're hot'.

At the time, Bond was 20 and Waterland was 33, and 'we found ourselves in a hotel room and didn't leave for five days. We just clicked.'

Non Compos Mentis posted:

he called her mummy

"wot, me mummy"

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Bucky go on Well There's Your Problem

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

so we've gone from doodling on maps to crop circles...

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Guess what the Wright brothers did for a job

posted on forums.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I've never been less surpised to scroll down to "regional queensland"

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Cartoon posted:

I have way more important things I should be doing and yet here we are:

no mention of Captain Cook?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I would befriend the chickens rather than fry them.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

have you considered tofu?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

boggles the mind how, in Victoria specifically, all new buildings are some kind of poo poo since the mid 90s lol

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

KingEup posted:

My position on vapes is well informed and supported by evidence which I have posted. Your position rests entirely on the shill gambit.

Cool, just quit then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

GrandTheftAutism posted:

The Oxford English Dictionary does not limit the definition of racism as applying only to white against others.

If a black person behaves violently or aggressively towards a white person solely because that person is white, that is racism, regardless of your belief or opinion.