Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
Definitely a manifesto.

Still, if there is one salient point:

"Relying on individual councils to propose individual segments within their LGAs is not going to deliver the contiguous network we need. "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
Word on the street is Scotty is about to throw in the towel.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Hey would love to get your thoughts on the cycle plan if possible.

Ditto for Cat Interceptor.

Oh I already commented on it:

Rougey posted:

Definitely a manifesto.

Still, if there is one salient point:

"Relying on individual councils to propose individual segments within their LGAs is not going to deliver the contiguous network we need. "

EDIT: You really got to work on the pitch - put an exec summary up front and have all your strongest points in there.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jan 24, 2024

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Oh whoops so you did, sorry. I'm still interested in the specifics of the logistics and feasibility, but fair enough, I'll take that, no news is good news I guess.

To be blunt I don't have the mental bandwidth to think about those things unless it comes with a cheque, and even then most of that money would go into hard liquor at the prospect of delivering something that ambitious within the current environment.

Lets just loving carpet bomb Sydney into rubble and start again I say.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

*Lines on maps*

Recoome posted:

Bucky, you gotta write in explicitly and in small words.

This - those who make the decisions are generally time poor (and right now a lot of that time is being spent hunting for asbestos in mulch on every project over the last decade).

Also, I'm eyeballing a few of the routes and I'm very cognisant of the use of some of the locations proposed for road freight - IIRC the amount of freight in and out of Port Botany is going to double over the next twenty years and the rail connections will only accommodate 30% of it - you are not going to get any buy in on routes that would result in a loss of efficiency.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

I would never! Almost none of the routes affect cars at all, let alone freight trucks. That's the beauty of the formula.

We just gotta fight the cunts with golf clubs that are hogging all the land.

Also I thought the lines on maps were good at communicating the information for time-poor people.

Somebody looking at Port Botany (the LAST place you want to reduce efficiency in any way shape or form) is going to be concerned - granted I appreciate that you didn't try to do what Bayside Council does with their strategic cycle maps and propose a connection under the runways...

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Recoome posted:

Lmao Bucky got loving scooped
I've seen behind the curtain and there are so many designs sitting on shelves collecting dust until there is the political drive and/or money to get them done... then more often than not plans for cycleways get turned it gets turned into a shared path because it's cheaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
I heard Webb speak once, and my impression is she kept getting handed the poisoned chalices that nobody else wanted, rising in the ranks more from general attrition and being willing to take on the poo poo nobody else wants to.

The above statement speaks volumes of her mental mindset.