Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Thread title’s a bit early aint it. I thought we aint getting nuclear subs until like 10 years from now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

When I was like 8-9 i stole a kinder surprise from woolies and my parents subsequently caught + yelled at me. I’m glad they did because since that day i’ve been a honest law abiding man whos never stolen anything ever again*

*excluding the thousands of dollars of pirated mp3s online

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Ntata? Aint that the song from Lion King

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Bucky I am kindly asking you to stop posting 1000 paragraph long posts. Sooner or later i am going to injure myself scrolling last them

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Bucky continuing to post his inane bullshit after a dozen posters + mods tell him to quit it

He wasn’t dropped on his head as a kid, he was dribbled like a basketball

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

PEOPLE HAVE TO KNOW ABOUT MY BIKEPATHS!!

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Bucky i’m going to lock your bedroom door and fart through your window until you can’t breathe

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Bucky i’m going to conceal a catapult on one of your bike paths and fling you and your adult tricycle into a pile of manure/alligator enclosure/womens change room. Your thoughts?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Abolishing negative gearing doesn't change the quanta of existing housing stock. Maybe some investors will decide not to be landlords and sell, either to other investors or to occupiers (which would free up another property for occupation/rent etc).

I don't think the issues with housing supply (i.e. new dwellings being built) would be addressed at all, the supply side constraints appear to be planning controls and lack of labour to build.

The ALP policy at the 2019 election was to restrict negative gearing to new dwellings only, providing an incentive to build. Wouldn't fix the supply side issues though.

Abolishing or maintaining negative gearing is a tax policy, not a housing policy. You change it if you're worried about the amount of revenue the government doesn't collect due to landlords claiming deductions against their other income streams. Ditto capital gains tax discount rules.

Not having such generous treatment of investment properties would possibly have helped avert the housing crisis by not encouraging rampant property speculation, but I have no idea how you unscramble that egg now without destroying a huge amount of "wealth", which would have a massive impact across the whole economy.

What the gently caress does this have to do with bike paths?? Take it to the relevant thread mate

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Oh my GOD can the retard mods do their loving jobs and start probing people who post offtopic poo poo in the bike paths thread?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Stackhats

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

He’s ignored a dozen posters telling him to stop, and the multiple probes from mods itt telling him to shut up.

lmao what makes you think this request will be any different?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Right, and even with the lovely zones, people are still willing to ride in the wet, thereby disproving Recoome's lazy attempt at a point. Imagine the numbers we'd see if they had a superhighway that didn't force them to share space with cars.

Well it's a good thing that connecting existing public transport stops and providing good routes around them is ingrained in the DNA of the plan.

Getting 16 km to work isn't the only use-case we need to consider. It's about how people move around in their communities. To school or the supermarket. With a good network, we can replace cars for a good chunk of trips. Also 16 km is a very ridable distance anyway.

Stop thinking in terms of binaries, like "it is for THIS". It's for a whole bunch of things.

Yep, we call them bike-paths out of habit, but it's important to remember they're actually MUPs, Multi-Use Paths, for all kinds of modes, and it looks like zippy little e-scooters are shaping up to be a pretty big part of that too, for better or worse. As well as walkers and wheelchairs of course. I tried a shared scooter scheme in Adelaide, and found the speed limit to be prohibitively slow, and the relative cost prohibitively high.

gee if if only we'd figured out a way to address incline issues at some point in the last thousand years, oh well, "seven traffic lights to bring all perpendicular city traffic to a halt while we cross" it is.

By your logic, the rigorous interrogation the superhighway plan has been put through is rightwing style anti-cycling vomit. If you can't answer basic and important questions about your supposedly superior plan then maybe it's not so superior after all.

Another thing - this "public transport network" you want to spend billions of dollars on, does it do anything for Urban Cargo Deliveries, or is it more of an exclusively "passenger" thing? Is it good for parents doing the school run? Does it take them from door to door? What about grocery shopping? Nice and easy for that too?

That said, the Metro rules. It's so drat fast, and straight, and clean and quiet and cool, and seems to be pretty well-used. I'm all about minimising interruptions with intersections, and that's exactly what the metro does. Most of the construction IS out of the way (apart form the building some of the stations), and so is the operation. The difference is, it does it by throwing an eye-watering stream of hundred-dollar bills into the coalface, and I think those tunnels might be beyond the skillset of the army reserve.

If you can build the thing on the right, don't tell me we can't build the thing on the left. And obviously, obviously, it should at least connect from Tallowong to Schofields. Here this guy has some ideas for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy7KRLWCPwo

I offered a suggestion for a simple and elegant solution to a real and pertinent problem, and as usual the thread lost its poo poo while completely failing to offer any alternatives. Because they are hell-bent on racistly repeating the mistake this colony has made since its inception, which is to ignore first nations' design principles.

That's probably why they're so opposed to using the ancient technology of flat ground and walkable trails too.

Wow really

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Bucky would you care to explain this?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Do i want to know whos these cunts are?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZR1gSvnOI0

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Nick cages bastard sons

Oh i love their songs. Red Right Hand is great

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I’ve never had to deal with a bad customer in all my years of retail. However, i’m a messy bitch who loves drama so i’m gonna get and wear a pride pin to rile cunts up

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

BIKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Bucky Fullminster posted:

ITT we side with rich and famous athletes over service workers

why are you like this