Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

People gettin mad that they cant carry out patriotic acts (consumption)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SecretOfSteel posted:

I loving HATE poker machines and the parasitic venues that install them. They're designed to addict people and take their money as rapidly as possible, it's loving disgusting.

Now I'm in a bad mood!

You are correct but the teen in the article fed it into TAB machines

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Alright, manifesto, fine.

How would you summarise it Mr Recoome?

Bikes good, maybe make them even better with infrastructure (if u want)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bucky Fullminster posted:

gently caress the colony, and gently caress the invasion, but don't blame Cook for it.

kidnapping hawaiian kings after overstaying their welcome is pretty 'farmboy' i gotta say.

and just enjoyed making maps of all the places he plundered for the crown

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

HazCat posted:

A group tried to get a bike lane added to the park near me. They were actually connecting two bike paths that ran on opposite sides of it, and all they wanted was a strip along one edge of the park to do it. They had a well-organised plan, clear (and modest) costing, and obvious benefits all spelled out.

I found out about this proposal because the local parent group decided they didn't like the idea of it and so blanketed every related suburb (and some outside the council's range, like mine) with fliers decrying the plan as 'anti-child' and 'anti-family', supposedly because children would become possessed and be compelled to run under the wheels of every bike they saw, and every adult (parent or not) would be constantly anxious about the imminent death of every child in the park at all times.

The insane group of loonies prevailed and the lane didn't get approved.

They probably assumed it would turn into a velodrome or some poo poo. like nobody in a park or reserve is getting mad at someone riding a bike on the shared path (assuming they ride like a civilised person). They get mad because that one fat balding oval office on his $15 grand 2kg bike with his stupid little shoes made them a few minutes late for something.

people see all bike users (read: cargo/family bikes, ebikes, commuters, cool BMX or mountain bike types) as cyclists (lycra fuckwits that ride 6 abreast on sundays and clog up cafes)

Cyclists also hate bike users, because they will swear up and down their fat rear end is 'faster than that' and make the rest of us look bad by not riding in bike lanes. they also think e-bikes are cheating and look down their nose at them.

gently caress Cyclists. they are the hoons of the bicycle world. antisocial fuckwits with dumb ugly shoes. Bin.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Imagine tearing up because your grandson will have to go to school with girls instead of all boys (and its still the exact same loving school)

what the gently caress is wrong with old peoples values?

Laserface fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jan 31, 2024

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ive seen Chas coming out of questionable stand up acts from time to time but I think hes probably just deep in the comedy scene and checking out new (right wing) talent

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Genuine Glocks are mostly plastic and lol at the dumb oval office who didn't think 3D printing was going to improve significantly.

Also seems to have a poor understanding of material hardness vs brittleness but i guess it's in par after the former points.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

if i was trying to criticise the state of israel while not being called an antisemite I'd probably avoid saying that the jews have their tentacles everywhere but I guess that's why I'll never be a Greens MP

who loving cares, it was a cartoon from before she was born.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

He could be the next pm purely on this alone.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Barnaby is a psy op to convince us our politicians are so drunk and/or stupid that there's no way they are capable of the constant, blatant corruption.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Buckyposting is making me wish I could un-ride my bike

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Twiggy forrest is a massive prick, but he is also legitimately one of best chances for meaningful climate change mitigation efforts in this country. There are plenty of other billionaires to yell at (or other things to yell at Forrest for).

I prefer buckys delusional posting to this kind.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

JBP posted:

I don't know anything about carbon capture. Is it that dumbass "sea dumping" thing the ALP did last year?

Literally sucking it out of the air and compressing it underground in empty gas/oil wells.

Unless we invent cold fusion 10 years ago, CCS as it is known is not going to achieve any kind of meaningful reduction in carbon. It's hugely energy intensive.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The Taren point red rooster closed but is absolutely crucial to the line as the shire is very western Sydney.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I am inclined to agree that red rooster is drat good chook

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Non Compos Mentis posted:

my friend have you tried the el janneh fried chicken

El jannah as a franchise sucks the only good one is the original in Granville.

El jannah as a style of charcoal chicken is everywhere and usually good and we shouldn't be branding all of it as El Jannah because that's seppo behaviour.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Vaping is fine (smoking stinks but I wont stop you doing it) and idgaf what people want to put into their body but I do take issue with using finite resources like lithium and rare metals to make disposable vapes and just throwing them on the ground. There is some models around that even have a USB-C port for recharging yet you cant actually refill them with juice. NZ vapes seem to have got it right.

Make them olive drab packaging and tax them like cigarettes.

one of my more spergy mates has collected all the batteries out of every vape hes ever bought and made them into a small battery pack for his e-bike.

e: we should allow vaping inside so that venues without smoke machines can actually have some decent atmosphere for musicians.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

lol at what she said being 'racial' but also lol at being a foreigner and picking a fight with a loving cop. like thats the FIRST THING people tell you not to do overseas. doing it while being a gay and brown person might as well just go and walk straight into a holding cell.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Recoome posted:

The cop defender has logged on

I think he means the service worker driving the Uber/taxi that she ralphed in, not the cop.

JBP posted:

Did they ban dry herb vaporisers for the consumption of vaporised dry herbs?

all the good aussie vape vendors are totally silent on the subject (no emails or blog posts warning of incoming bans) so I wouldnt worry about it.

importing your own from OS would probably get thru without hassle. Small fish etc. Most of the good products are sold locally with local warranty etc through said vendors.

god drat I want a loving e-nano though ffs why do they use bullshit 120v lamp dimmer cords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Wow 100+ posts did Albo finally do something other than yet another photo op at bar Italia in Leichhardt?

Oh

Oh no.