Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Comstar posted:

I had completely forgotten who the leader of the National's was. They hadn't shown up on my news radar for months.

Curse you for reminding me.

Ahaha I genuinely forgot it was beetroot again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

lih posted:

joyce isn't the leader of the nats, it's still littleproud. there were rumours back in july that joyce was planning a challenge but that didn't go anywhere lol

ideally joyce will give up on becoming leader of the nats again and go cause problems in the qld parliament (he reportedly considered this last time he lost the leadership, with ambition to try to become premier)

That explains why I forgot!!

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Yeah I'm originally from the UK and moved here about 12 years ago. Recently went back there for 6 months (for partners mat leave) and the decline since I left was staggering and immediately obvious as soon as you had any sort of contact with the healthcare system. The GP which used to routinely give me same day appointments when I was a kid was weeks booked out. Also private healthcare ads were everywhere. Australians as a whole have no idea how much further there is to fall.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Yeah the wider state fund raising implications of the ev tax thing are a bit of a mess but the whole thing was absurdly rushed and poorly considered by the vic gov. It was definitely going to massively undermine ev adoption in regional areas which is already poor due to some massive misunderstandings about the technology (they're actually best suited to country driving imo, despite people thinking of them as 'city cars'). I was due to get a $1400 annual bill for it which is definitely not a trivial amount in the current environment. I absolutely get that we need to disincentivise urban car use and congestion in the city etc but we have zero other options living a 50km round trip to the nearest shop and childcare centre.

Apparently I'm a rich ev owner and can afford it though, even though if I was rich we'd probably live closer to town and wouldn't have to drive 50k km per year with no alternative.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Non Compos Mentis posted:

impressive that after one episode, four corners got the woolies ceo to step down

Fresh in our Memories, Brad :(