Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The peach fuzz had some people complaining she had a beard, I suddenly learned I could parse Spanish just fine when someone made fun of them "Gamepass does not include contact with a woman."

This game does suffer from being too pretty at times, especially when you're busy, there's so much to see that important things get lost in visual noise, they do try to highlight things to counter that but it's not quite as effective as it would need to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The ziplines always make me laugh, going at angles that'll make Aloy reach reentry speeds and somehow land safely, of all the climbing and parkour things they are the one thing that breaks face.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

She's actually a psychic unconsciously channeling her powers and that explains her amazing damage resistance and ability to do those impossible stunts consistently, pulling 20 G turns without batting an eye.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

There was this thing when the game released, about some of its devs finding that Elden Ring had bad UI, and they were wrong about the bad UI, it's not where they thought it was, this game has bad tutorials while Elden Ring has what Horizon 2 shook off: terrible inventory janitoring.

I find this faintly funny in the abstract but it's still irritating on actually having to deal with it.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

coop52 posted:

I'd trade having good inventory management & bad tutorials over good tutorials & bad inventory management any day. It's far more likely that someone will have made a guide or video to better explain what the tutorial covers than hope that someone's modded a bad inventory system into something decent.

Extremely same, learning is a one time thing, bad UI is a persistent one, at least ER's inventory only strikes if you try really hard to get rare drop weapons and such (that I've rarely even used in any case).

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Stalagmites Mount, stalatites Tumble down? It doesn't work that well when you translate it I guess.

I respect how completely honest the game is about its plot coupons, no gradual discovery, just a straight up groceries list.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The dome scenery thing is very nice, but, however, I must add, Hexagons Do Not Tile Spheres.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Today we learn that the Tenakth use body bags.

I respect that it forces a choice, I also appreciate that at the endpoint they don't actually have a solution to their problem.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Cinnabar is beautiful and plenty of cultures with access to it had plenty of interesting ideas regarding it.

Very few of them were about how it is slow blow poison, sometimes science takes all the fun out of things.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

We should all be thankful for the technology brought to us by the Alloy Space Program.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The grappling hook adds a certain amount of comedy watching Aloy make tons of rubble explode like it's all foam props.

Rockbreakers remain annoying, all non land-bound enemies are really, Aloy doesn't have the same breadth of tools to answer them that she has for everything else, at least they aren't that common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Those Grapes of Immortality are evidently so bitter that you can tell from sight alone, looking forward to Tilda being a slightly different type of rear end in a top hat, and Aloy is as usual built extremely different in order to not die from setting off explosions in small dry spaces in a partially collapsed, buried and drowned city.