Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Good job so far on update titles. I was laughing my head off at “What’s new, Bristleback?” :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The melee pits suck because of the proscribed combos. You can’t get a lot of them right no matter what you do. I somehow got them all on my second playthrough but it was tough and I don’t think I could do it again. Machine Strike was mostly fun at least.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Don’t forget when she jumps from one zip line to another going a different direction. That always makes me shake my head in wonder at her acrobatics.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The Gauntlet Runs were my favorite new activity in the game. Especially fun to conquer the last one. :)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Take note that, as the recent video's mission reveals, the whole tribe of Tennath are using cinnabar in their ritual tattoo inks- and thus enduring mercury poisoning. The game never really goes into the implications of that...

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I’ve always thought of Aloy as packing more than 130 lb of muscle, skill, and training, comparable to female mma athletes. But those unfamiliar with the reality of such sports can substitute their own preferred illusions.

If anyone is wondering, there are custom cutscenes for Yara in the Lost Child mission if you pick her over Draga. They play out pretty much the same. :D

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I would enjoy a Zo DLC and also one as a character we’ve met before and will again later. :) (Kotallo, if it's not obvious.)

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 25, 2024

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
You sure you want to get involved with the Bulwark’s biggest loser?

Nobody asked me that before I met Tekoteh, so it’s a bit late.

:D

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The Hunting Grounds Shredder Gauntlet Challenge was the only time I learned to appreciate Shredder Gauntlets in the game. So much so that if I ever write a Ninja Turtles fanfic, I am totally giving their arch enemy that weapon.

I had to do a lot of evasion in the Bulwark melee pit boss fight. Instinct also led me to concentrate on the big guy first, which was a mistake.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
A lot of people who played this game found themselves not liking the Arena. I'm not sure why- I enjoyed it well enough. Only issue was I steamrolled through it due to playing on low difficulty. :)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The image of Aloy rising out of the Cauldron atop a Tallneck is indeed super cool.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I did the tunnel shortcut quest for the experience. I'm the kind of player who knocks out as many side quests as possible before the main plot, then prioritizes the quests that give me cool devices. This meant I got Aether and the arena last because I was powerful enough for the Demeter and Poseidon quests and wanted their rewards more. Possibly another reason I was able to breeze through all the Arena challenges. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
When I first heard about this game I was eager for underwater combat. Aloy vs fricking sharks with fricking laser beams on their heads! ;) It didn’t manifest. Maybe next game.