Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Yeah, I thought he did a really good job. It's a pretty difficult tightrope he has to walk by being despicable, yet humorous. Otherwise he would come off almost exactly the same as the general. I didn't really notice any issues with his accent though, and that kind of thing can be pretty distracting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I don't think I understand that criticism. The General is basically a video game final boss of all the themes of the movie, and the rest of the final act is tying up all the loose ends from the first act.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

live with fruit posted:

Doesn't she reform the brothel?

I think this is what I'm confused by. She tries to reform the brothel. She has a violent confrontation with an aristocratic pretty tyrant. This idea that we don't know her thoughts on the subject makes no sense to me because we see her put those thoughts and ideas into action.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

awesome-express posted:

I don't understand why her fiancee was okay with her going around to discover herself and gently caress everyone in sight Sets some weird expectations.

The guy who groomed a child and tried to force her into an incredibly restrictive marriage either needs to have a pretty significant face turn, or get a well deserved comeuppance. Accepting her loving every other person under the sun is like the bare minimum of expectations

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I went by myself when I saw the movie and the cashier gave me a pretty funny look that I didn't understand. Pretty early into the 2nd act I fully understood what that look was about, and did think it's a pretty odd movie to watch by yourself in a mostly empty theater.