Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

ROH on Honor Club 4/18

HM: Lee Johnson vs JD Drake

Maybe Lee's most impressive performance yet because while JD Drake is good he's no Fletcher.

Nth. Very good stuff from both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

HM
18th April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 1
Dan Tamura & Ryo Inoue vs Rising HAYATO & Seigo Tachibana

HM
18th April
Champion Carnival A Block
Hokuto Omori vs Shotaro Ashino

MOTYC
18th April
Kento Miyahara vs Ren Ayabe

Really coming out performance for Ren Ayabe, really looked good today with new gear & some new stiff strikes.

MOTYC
18th April
Champion Carnival B Block
Jun Saito vs Yuma Anzai

Nth these, and also from the same show

HM
Act Yasukawa and Riko Fukunaga vs Kanamic and Sakura Mizushima

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Bayley vs Naomi, Smackdown Women's Championship, 4/19/24 Smackdown

There is no universe in which this should have main evented. Both women looked like absolute dogshit in the ring, and were moving like molasses. And the cherry to top it off is that Tiffany Stratton caused a DQ, setting up a triple threat match so we have to see this again with one more person added in.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Mistico vs Mascara Dorada vs Atlantis Jr - Elimination match CMLL Arena Mexico April 19th

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: Mistico vs Mascara Dorada vs Atlantis Jr - Elimination match CMLL Arena Mexico April 19th

Second, that was wild. Totally unexpected finish.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Second, that was wild. Totally unexpected finish.

Yeah that surprised me for not only who won but how he won

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

nth

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Stardom April 19

HM: Tam Nakano & Natsupoi vs. Hanan & Saya Iida

Great tag team main event!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Stardom April 19

I'll Nth that

Wing gori are great

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
All Japan Pro Wrestling Champion Carnival 2024 Tag 1 - 4/18
HM
Ren Ayabe v. Kento Miyahara, Block A Tournament Match
Ren looks great since signing full-time with All Japan and giving him this much in a match against the current ace of the promotion did a lot for the young giant.

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre Super Viernes - 4/19
MOTYC
Flip Gordon, Esfinge, y Titan v. Villano III Jr., El Hijo de Villano III, y Zandokan Jr. in a 2 out of 3 falls match
Wall to wall action where the tecnicos got to look like absolute superheroes. Flip Gordon surprised me here, as he and Titan were the clear standouts. Really good match.

MOTYC
Mistico v. Atlantis Jr. v. Mascara Dorada in a Three-Way Eliminator Campeon Universal del CMLL 2024 semi-final match
Super solid stuff here. Atlantis Jr. looked great, I love his sorta throwback style. He hit a falling top rope powerbomb on Mascara Dorada that also ended up being a splash on Mistico that was tremendous. He also did a beautiful package piledriver > wheelbarrow suplex that absolutely obliterated Mascara Dorada. He didn't look this good when I saw him against Chris Jericho in AEW or during the Fantastica Mania tour in New Japan. Something about the Arena Mexico energy just really brings it out of him. Mistico is always great. His floating springboard crossbody is transcendent, I dunno how he hangs in the air so long. Mascara Dorada was able to keep up with everyone by being a little bit sneaky but also by hitting some incredibly impressive 450s and shooting stars and whatnot.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Bryan Danielson & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Konosuke Takeshita & Kyle Fletcher, AEW Collision 4/20

MOTYC: Jeff Cobb vs. Yota Tsuji, New Japan Cup 3/10
HM: El Phantasmo vs. Yota Tsuji, New Japan Cup 3/15
HM: Hirooki Goto vs. SANADA, New Japan Cup 3/18

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA Rebellion 4/20

HM
Josh Alexander vs Hammerstone in a Last Man Standing match
Steve Maclin vs Mike Santana

I also would have HM'd Eric Young vs Frankie Kazarian in a Full Metal Mayhem match, but the ending went horribly wrong. Hopefully everyone's okay

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Bryan Danielson & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Konosuke Takeshita & Kyle Fletcher, AEW Collision 4/20

2nd, great match.

HM: The Elite (The Jacksons & Okada) vs. FTR & PAC - AEW Collision 4/20
Turns out six of the best wrestlers in the world wrestling each other is a good idea that leads to great things!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WMOTYC: Moose (c) vs Nic Nemeth for the TNA world title - TNA Rebellion, 4/20

Full of botches, including the ending where the winner hosed up his finish and then was noticeably holding up the loser's arm after the 2 count because he wasn't sure if that was supposed to be the finish yet or not and the ref counted anyway

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Chris James 2 posted:

TNA Rebellion 4/20

HM
Josh Alexander vs Hammerstone in a Last Man Standing match
Steve Maclin vs Mike Santana

I also would have HM'd Eric Young vs Frankie Kazarian in a Full Metal Mayhem match, but the ending went horribly wrong. Hopefully everyone's okay

2nd

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
AEW Rampage 04/20/2024

HM
Emi Sakura vs. Yuka Sakazaki

Starts fast and furious, but Yuka busts her leg on an early botch and is limping. Emi has to carry the heat and interest for the whole match and by the end the crowd is chanting for Yuka even though she's barely done anything.

Props to both for being absolute pros the whole way through.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 2 April 20th
HM
Shotaro Ashino vs Ren Ayabe
Yuma Aoyagi vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan
Lord Crewe vs Yuma Anzai
Kento Miyahara vs Hokuto Omori

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Collision 4/20

HM: Adam Copeland, Eddie Kingston and Mark Briscoe vs Top Flight and Action Andretti
HM: Bryan Danielson and Claudio Castagnoli vs Konosuke Takeshita and Kyle Fletcher
MOTYC: The Elite vs PAC and FTR

MLW War Chamber II 4/20
WMOTYC: THE WAR CHAMBER Death Fighters (AKIRA, Raven, Jimmy Lloyd and Jake Christ) vs. The Calling’s Rickey Shane Page, Sami Callihan, Cannonball and Doctor Cornwallis

This is why you don't do two War Chambers on one night or weekend or whatever. I assume the other one was booked more traditionally, but this one features some of the worst wrestlers on Earth and some of the worst booking. Raven does some really funny stuff in this match, he wrestles even older than you'd expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALxRlvZXAJQ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raven as in.... "What About Me? What About Raven?" Raven? Isn't he like 93 years old now!?!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Raven as in.... "What About Me? What About Raven?" Raven? Isn't he like 93 years old now!?!

He's not that young.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RAVEN SOLD FOR THE... well I'm not sure what he's selling for...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

RAVEN SOLD FOR THE... well I'm not sure what he's selling for...

When Ishii does it you pretend to understand but what about Raven?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

When Ishii does it you pretend to understand but what about Raven?

At the risk of mild hyperbole, comparing Ishii to Raven makes you akin to a war criminal, MassRafTer :colbert:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Raven is doing what we call psychology

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Raven is in a building full of MLW fans, so I'm sure that's just the smell finally getting to him.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Raven is still younger than sting, but he had both his knees and a hip replaced so he isn’t able to do much.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 3 April 21st
MOTYC
Yuma Anzai vs Ryuki Honda
- Hell yeah, these two 24 years olds put their best into it after getting the main event over the way bigger stars

HM
Kento Miyahara vs Yuma Aoyagi
- Not a shade on their fantastic matches over the last coupel of years but this pairing never fails to put on a great match

Weakest night of the tournament so far, the last two matches saved it from being completely forgettable

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

fez_machine posted:

AEW Rampage 04/20/2024

HM
Emi Sakura vs. Yuka Sakazaki

Starts fast and furious, but Yuka busts her leg on an early botch and is limping. Emi has to carry the heat and interest for the whole match and by the end the crowd is chanting for Yuka even though she's barely done anything.

Props to both for being absolute pros the whole way through.

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Collision 4/20

HM: Adam Copeland, Eddie Kingston and Mark Briscoe vs Top Flight and Action Andretti
HM: Bryan Danielson and Claudio Castagnoli vs Konosuke Takeshita and Kyle Fletcher
MOTYC: The Elite vs PAC and FTR

Nthing these. The Elite trios match was great and I’m hoping all the trios matches last night mean we’re getting a bit of a shakeup in the division after tonight.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
30th March
Stardom in Sendai
Goddess of Stardom Titles
AphroditE (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita) vs Crazy Star (Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki)
Watch this here

forkboy84 posted:

HM
18th April
Dan Tamura & Ryo Inoue vs Rising HAYATO & Seigo Tachibana
Watch this here

HM
18th April
Hokuto Omori vs Shotaro Ashino
Watch this here

MOTYC
18th April
Kento Miyahara vs Ren Ayabe
Watch this here

Really coming out performance for Ren Ayabe, really looked good today with new gear & some new stiff strikes.

MOTYC
18th April
Champion Carnival B Block
Jun Saito vs Yuma Anzai
Watch this here

Quoting myself to add in Carnival night 1 links

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WMOTYC: Death Fighters (AKIRA, Raven, Jimmy Lloyd and Jake Crist) vs The Calling (Sami Callihan, Cannonball, Rickey Shane Page and Doctor Cornwallis) in a War Chamber match - MLW War Chamber 2, 4/20

extremely offended at whoever was saying TNA's now sadder than MLW. nah. not even close. I almost want to rescind my Moose/Nemeth WMOTY nomination because that's 50 times better than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALxRlvZXAJQ

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- Hell yeah, these two 24 years olds put their best into it after getting the main event over the way bigger stars

HM
Kento Miyahara vs Yuma Aoyagi
- Not a shade on their fantastic matches over the last coupel of years but this pairing never fails to put on a great match

Weakest night of the tournament so far, the last two matches saved it from being completely forgettable

2nd. Anzai vs Honda kicked rear end

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

nth

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Stardom April 19

Nth this one, though I think it was on April 13th based on every source I could find

Really the best two tag teams in the company going at it. wing☆gori rule

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

The Taxman posted:

Nth this one, though I think it was on April 13th based on every source I could find

Really the best two tag teams in the company going at it. wing☆gori rule

Yeah I think you're right. The delays in things showing up on World throw me off sometimes.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MOTYC: PAC vs. Okada, AEW Dynasty 4/21

Just two of the best in the world putting on an absolute banger to kick off the PPV.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Truther Vandross posted:

Just two of the best in the world putting on an absolute banger to kick off the PPV.

Nth, so good

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Truther Vandross posted:

Second

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Truther Vandross posted:

Nth, both guys are absolute beasts in ring.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: Eddie Kingston, Adam Copeland and Mark Briscoe vs. House of Black, AEW Dynasty, 4/21

Really fun match!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

HM: Eddie Kingston, Adam Copeland and Mark Briscoe vs. House of Black, AEW Dynasty, 4/21

HM: Roderick Strong vs Kyle O'Reilly, AEW Dynasty, 4/21

Two great matches, Roddy vs Kyle maybe verging on MOTYC with a little more time.

MOTYC: Timeless Toni Storm vs Thunder Rosa, AEW Dynasty, 4/21

Probably Toni's best match in AEW in my opinion, certainly the best of her current title reign. Minimal character shenanigans and just two women beating the poo poo out of each other

Testekill fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 22, 2024