Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Worst Match of the Year: Kota Ibushi vs. Naomichi Marufuji, NOAH: The New Year 2024, 01/02

With the condition Ibushi is in, this match even happening is an early frontrunner for Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic.

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Crapple! posted:

MOTYC from 4/1/2024

Stardom: Mayu Iwatani (c) vs Syuri for the IWGP women's title. Maybe match of the day. Brutal as gently caress, built to an insane crescendo

Stardom: Suzu Suzuki and Giulia vs Maika and Megan Bayne. Insanely great tag. Megan Bayne is getting so much out of her time in Stardom.

Second. I loved WK and the NOAH matches I watched but Mayu vs. Syuri is my MOTY so far.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rampage 1/5/2024

HM Anna Jay vs Hikaru Shida

Yeah they botched that 2.9999 count (I think? Or maybe it’s gonna be a story) but everything else was great.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Inspiration January 6th
MOTYC
Mizuki vs Rika Tatsumi vs Kamiyu vs Miu Watanabe vs Shoko Nakajima - #1 Contender Battle Royal
- Nobody does battle royals like TJPW does them. This was absolutely fantastic work by everyone involved, especially considering Maki Itoh got pulled on short notice and any plans involving her had to change right quick

HM

Masha Slamovich vs Max the Impalers
- A true monster battle made all the more intense by Namba's increasingly frantic shouting for fans to get out of the way

What a fun little show, the Shinjuku FACE crowd were loving every minute of it

Nth

Not quite as high on the pom match, but the main really does deserve everybody's attention. The rope running spot near the beginning was incredible!

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Adding 2 more MOTYC

Wrestle Kingdom 4/1: Will Ospreay vs. Jon Moxley vs. David Finlay

AEW Dynamite 3/1: Darby Allin vs. Konosuke Takeshita

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MOTYC
3rd January
AEW Dynamite
Darby Allin vs Konosuke Takeshita
Watch this here

Basically just Takeshita yeeting Allin around. Very entertaining & left me wishing Allin hadn't missed his true calling, being an enhancement talent on WCW Saturday Night, getting murdered by Scott Steiner.

HM
3rd January
AEW Dynamite
Daniel Garcia vs Swerve Strickland
Watch this here

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Jon Moxley vs. David Finlay for the IWGP Global Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 1/4
HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 1/4
HM: SANADA (C) vs. Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 1/4

i'm happy i did my yearly njpw check-in but this show really reminded me that this promotion just isn't something i need in my life any more, especially since so many top guys can be seen elsewhere. i'm sure i'll catch some streams of the bigger US shows that i happen to be around for live, but the days of trying to watch the next day on NJPW World (or stay up stupidly late) are over for me

maybe they'll rejuvenate things a bit - enjoyed seeing tsuji and yuya tear it up, that was promising - but unless they drastically overhaul the current factions i cannot imagine it becoming truly interesting again in 2024, and all the little moves they made in the past few days show that that's the last thing on their radar. instead you'll have another decade of two to four different bullet clubs and you'll like it!!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
3rd January
AEW Dynamite
Watch this here

Basically just Takeshita yeeting Allin around. Very entertaining & left me wishing Allin hadn't missed his true calling, being an enhancement talent on WCW Saturday Night, getting murdered by Scott Steiner.

HM
3rd January
AEW Dynamite
Daniel Garcia vs Swerve Strickland
Watch this here

I was gonna bug you to at least give the Allin v. Takeshita match a chance, especially since you watched some WWE matches. Glad you liked it :)

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

Darby Mulkey :vince:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

A Fancy Hat posted:

Rampage 1/5/2024

HM Anna Jay vs Hikaru

Nth

Wmotyc: Willow Nightingale and Kris Statlander vs. Kennedi Hardcastle and Notorious Mim

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: FTR vs. House of Black (Malakai & Buddy) - AEW Collision 1/6

I thought the angle going into this match was silly, but I should have remembered both teams are really loving good and they had a hell of a match, and the last five minutes in particular were just fantastic.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I thought the angle going into this match was silly, but I should have remembered both teams are really loving good and they had a hell of a match, and the last five minutes in particular were just fantastic.

Nth this

Also:

HM: Trent Beretta vs. Eddie Kingston
HM: Bryan Keith & Komander vs. The Undisputed Kingdom (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM FTR vs. House of Black (Malakai & Buddy) - AEW Collision 1/6

HM for me as it didn't hold my attention early on.

MOTYC: Eddie Kingston (c) vs. Trent Beretta - AEW Collision 1/6

Fortuitous juice.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Jerusalem posted:

Pylons posted:

Nth this

Also:

HM: Bryan Keith & Komander vs. The Undisputed Kingdom (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett)

Yo I'm here too

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

Pylons posted:

Also:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jerusalem posted:

HM: FTR vs. House of Black (Malakai & Buddy) - AEW Collision 1/6

i'm here, note the vote change

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Collision 1/6

HM: Trent Baretta vs Eddie Kingston
MOTYC: House of Black vs FTR

I thought Trent vs Eddie was a sure fire MOTYC but the main event blew it away.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
3rd January
AEW Dynamite
Watch this here

Nth this, it's great to see Takeshita treating an American wrestler like YOSHIHIKO. Just a shame about the ads

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Nth this, it's great to see Takeshita treating an American wrestler like YOSHIHIKO. Just a shame about the ads

Yeah, my primary takeaway from the bits of Raw, Dynamite & NXT I watched, ads in the middle of matches loving suck rear end. I dunno if I could handle that regularly. Just dumps on the flow of things. Just go for an ad break in the middle of a loving Adam Cole segment, nobody would miss anything there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why are you watching the TNT broadcast version with ads

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Yeah, aren't you a VK user?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

Yeah, aren't you a VK user?

Yeah, the version forboy posted had PiP ads and I didn't care enough to go looking for a different version

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Alaois posted:

why are you watching the TNT broadcast version with ads

Because it's what I found in a minimal effort search :shrug: I'm not paying to watch AEW lol

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Collision 1/6

HM: Trent Baretta vs Eddie Kingston
MOTYC: House of Black vs FTR

I thought Trent vs Eddie was a sure fire MOTYC but the main event blew it away.

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
4th January
New Japan Wrestle Kingdom 18 in Tokyo Dome
NEVER Openweight Title
Shingo Takagi(c) vs Tama Tonga
Watch this here

HM
4th January
New Japan Wrestle Kingdom 18 in Tokyo Dome
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title
Hiromu Takahashi(c) vs El Desperado
Watch this here

This show is long

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
ZERO1 Happy New Year & Do Your Best! Shinjiro Otani Aid 2024 - 1/1

HM
Sareee v. Mio Momono

:)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NWA Power 1/9
WMOTYC: Jax Dane vs EC3

I knew I was in for something special when the announcers talked about how EC3 was training with Shaolin Monks to make side headlocks mean something again. EC3 then applies the worst looking headlocks in a match that also features Jax Dane doing nerve holds and reverse bearhugs. Also the worst 1% I've ever seen. Special match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I finished Wrestle Kingdom! My phone is dead which makes watching wrestling real loving annoying so I'm kind of falling behind, but I've managed to bash on through a few shows today & yesterday.

MOTYC
4th January
New Japan Wrestle Kingdom 18
Bryan Danielson vs Kazuchika Okada
Watch this here

I assume you've all watched this already but yeah, we have the best match of the first week of the year.

MOTYC
4th January
New Japan Wrestle Kingdom 18
IWGP World Heavyweight Title
SANADA(c) vs Tetsuya Naito
Watch this here

Honestly, it was very good. Can't believe they actually tried to have EVIL redo the KENTA bit from a couple years ago. Well, I can, Gedo loves HEAT~!~! But even as much as I enjoyed the KENTA thing, it was very funny, doing it again is just cheap & lazy. Ah well, match was still good.

HM
6th January
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 1
Dragon Dia vs Kota Minoura
Watch this here

HM
7th January
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 2
M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki & Susumu Mochizuki) vs Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu & Kzy)
Watch this here

HM
7th January
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 2
Hyo & Luis Mante vs Z-Brats (ISHIN & Shun Skywalker)
Watch this here

Hyo & Mante have been such a fun team already & I'm really looking forward to the singles title match with Mante & Shun.

HM
4th January
Stardom Ittenyon Stardom Gate
Divine Kingdom (Maika & Megan Bayne) vs Giulia & Suzu Suzuki
Watch this here

MOTYC
4th January
Stardom Ittenyon Stardom Gate
IWGP Women's Title
Mayu Iwatani(c) vs Syuri
Watch this here

2nd best match of the week (of what I've seen). Highly recommend you make time for this.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking about doing several days of matches at once, rather than my usual bullshit of just posting whenever it crosses my tiny brain.

MOTYC: Darby Allin vs. Konosuke Takeshita, Dynamite 1/3

HM: Dante Martin vs. Orange Cassidy, Dynamite 1/3
HM: Brian Cage vs. Bryan Keith vs. El Hijo del Vikingo vs. Trent Beretta, Dynamite 1/3
HM: Daniel Garcia vs. Swerve Strickland, Dynamite 1/3

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr., NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 1/4
HM: Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 1/4

HM: Trent Beretta vs. Eddie Kingston, Collision 1/6
HM: Buddy Matthews & Malakai Black vs. FTR, Collision 1/6

HM: Judas Icarus & Travis Williams vs. Cody Chhun & Guillermo Rosas, Prestige Roseland 7 1/5
HM: Lio Rush vs. Samuray del Sol, Prestige Roseland 7 1/5

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate Masaaki Mochizuki 30th Anniversary at Korakuen Hall, 1/10

HM: New Year Special 10-Man Tag Match - YAMATO, Dragon Kid, B×B Hulk, Kzy, and Naruki Doi vs. Madoka Kikuta, Dragon Dia, Kota Minoura, Ben-K, and Strong Machine J

MOTYC: Masaaki Mochizuki 30th Anniversary Special Singles Match - Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Shingo Takagi

Must-watch match imo, favorite one I've seen this year. Mochizuki is 54 years old.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
4th January
Tokyo Joshi Pro Tokyo Joshi Pro '24
New Year! Make Your Dreams Come True! Daruma Match
Hyper Misao vs Shoko Nakajima
Watch this here

HM
4th January
Maki Itoh vs Rina Yamashita
Watch this here

A good mix of comedy & sicko poo poo here. Two very charismatic performances.

HM
4th January
Princess Tag Team Titles
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo & Suzume) vs Hakuchumu (Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi) vs Ryo Mizunami & Yuki Aino
Watch this here

MOTYC
4th January
Princess of Princess Title
Miyu Yamashita(c) vs Masha Slamovich
Watch this here

HM
5th January
WWE Smackdown
WWE Women's Title
IYO SKY(c) vs Michin
Watch this here

Io is wasted in this company

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 1/10

HM: Claudio Castagnoli vs. 'Hangman' Adam Page
HM: Adam Copeland, Orange Cassidy, Preston Vance, & Dustin Rhodes vs. The Mogul Embassy (Brian Cage, Toa Liona, & Bishop Kaun) & Lance Archer
HM: Thunder Rosa, Willow Nightingale, Kris Statlander, & Anna Jay vs. The Outcasts (Saraya & Ruby Soho), Skye Blue & Julia Hart
HM: Bryan Keith vs. Roderick Strong
HM: Darby Allin & Sting vs. Konosuke Takeshita & Powerhouse Hobbs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 1/10

HM: Thunder Rosa, Willow Nightingale, Kris Statlander, & Anna Jay vs. The Outcasts (Saraya & Ruby Soho), Skye Blue & Julia Hart

Seconding both of these, what a wonderfully entertaining show with a great crowd and a fantastic main event.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 1/10

MOTY: Claudio Castagnoli vs. 'Hangman' Adam Page
HM: Adam Copeland, Orange Cassidy, Preston Vance, & Dustin Rhodes vs. The Mogul Embassy (Brian Cage, Toa Liona, & Bishop Kaun) & Lance Archer

Slight tweaks to my list, I really loved that opener.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragongate Masaaki Mochizuki 30th Anniversary at Korakuen Hall, 1/10

HM: New Year Special 10-Man Tag Match - YAMATO, Dragon Kid, B×B Hulk, Kzy, and Naruki Doi vs. Madoka Kikuta, Dragon Dia, Kota Minoura, Ben-K, and Strong Machine J

MOTYC: Masaaki Mochizuki 30th Anniversary Special Singles Match - Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Shingo Takagi

Must-watch match imo, favorite one I've seen this year. Mochizuki is 54 years old.
Nth to both. Mocchy hitting apron quebradas at his age is unreal, and the strikes were sick. I was saying Danielson/Okada was going to be tough to beat but I think I liked this one more. And the 10-man is a classic DG multiman sprint, which they seem to be bringing back a lot more lately.

Also HM from the same show:
Open the Owarai Gate Championship: Lingerie Muto© vs Don Fujii
Fun as hell and had me cackling throughout.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 1/10

Nth

real fun show

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 1/10

yeah why not

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Adam Page vs. Claudio Castagnoli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
6th January
AEW Collision
AEW Continental Title
Eddie Kingston(c) vs Trent Beretta
Watch this here

Good TV match.

HM
5th January
New Japan New Year Dash!
Blackpool Combat Club (Bryan Danielson & Jon Moxley) & CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii) vs TMDK (Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls, Shane Haste & Zack Sabre Jr)
Watch this here

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 11, 2024