Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

CMLL Dos Leyendas 3/29

MOTYC: Barbaro Cavernario vs Averno
HM: Lluvia, Stephanie Vaquer y Zeuxis vs La Catalina, Tessa Blanchard y Willow Nightingale
MOTYC: Soberano Jr. y Atlantis Jr. vs Rocky Romero y Mascara Dorada
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli, Jon Moxley y Matt Sydal vs Blue Panther, Místico, Último Guerrero y Volador Jr.

Missed the first bit but n'thning these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

CMLL Dos Leyendas 3/29
HM: Lluvia, Stephanie Vaquer y Zeuxis vs La Catalina, Tessa Blanchard y Willow Nightingale
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli, Jon Moxley y Matt Sydal vs Blue Panther, Místico, Último Guerrero y Volador Jr.

Possibly the show of the year.

Purely as a match AEW vs. CMLL was only a HM for me but with the molten hot crowd it crossed the line.

With only a little background knowledge to provide context, the Rocky Romero tag team match is amazing.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer posted:

CMLL Dos Leyendas 3/29
HM: Soberano Jr. y Atlantis Jr. vs Rocky Romero y Mascara Dorada

i caught these, main event was a loving trip

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dragon Gate presents Masaaki Mochizuki Produce Buyuden Rei ~ Zero ~ Vol. 4 March 21st
HM
Shuji Ishikawa vs BIG BOSS Shimizu
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252765?t=2h05m32s
- Beefy boys doing beefy things in front of a very hot crowd

JTO March 1st
HM
Tomoka Inaba (c) vs Azusa Inaba - Queen of JTO
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252754?2h36m15s
- Very cool sibling battle, Azusa is definitely amoung the best under 18s working the various joshi groups. Close to a MOTYC for me but it was missing something, possibly just because I knew the result going in

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Dream Power Series March 30th
HM
Rising HAYATO (c) vs MUSASHI - PWF Junior Heavyweight Title
Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Yuma Anzai - Triple Crown

Was hoping for from all four title matches on this show, the two above were neat but far from either's best during their reigns

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 3/27

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Katsuyori Shibata
HM: Private Party (Isaiah Kassidy & Marq Quen) vs. The Young Bucks (Nicholas & Matthew Jackson)
HM: Kris Statlander vs. Willow Nightingale vs. Skye Blue vs. Anna Jay
MOTY: Swerve Strickland vs. Konosuke Takeshita

abraham linksys posted:

CMLL Dos Leyendas 3/29

HM: Magnus y Rugido vs Neon y Brillante Jr
HM: Esfinge vs Zandokan Jr.
HM: Barbaro Cavernario vs Averno
MOTYC: Lluvia, Stephanie Vaquer y Zeuxis vs La Catalina, Tessa Blanchard y Willow Nightingale
HM: Soberano Jr. y Atlantis Jr. vs Rocky Romero y Mascara Dorada

excellent stuff goddamn
Catching up after a week of a vacation; Nth for all of these, holy moley. This was the first CMLL show I ever watched, AEW drew me in, and that was super fun.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Collision 3/30

HM: Matt Cardona vs. Adam Copeland
HM: The Infantry (Shawn Dean & Carlie Bravo) vs. FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler)
HM: The BCC (Claudio Castagnoli & Bryan Danielson) & Katsuyori Shibata vs. The Righteous (Vincent & Dutch) & Lance Archer

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
18th February
2AW GRAND SLAM in TKP Garden City
2AW Tag Team Titles
Kengo Mashimo & Naka Shuma(c) vs Daiju Wakamatsu & Taishi Takizawa
Watch this here

HM
18th February
2AW GRAND SLAM in TKP Garden City
2AW Openweight Title
Takuro Niki(c) vs Kotaro Yoshino
Watch this here

HM
24th March
Dragongate Rey de Parejas Night 9
Rey de Parejas B Block
D'courage (Dragon Dia & Madoka Kikuta) vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei & Jason Lee)
Watch this here

HM
17th March
Pro Wrestling NOAH Grand Voyage in Yokohama
3 Way
Manabu Soya vs Masa Kitamiya vs Ryohei Oiwa
Watch this here

This whipped. I've no idea why NOAH decided to do a 3 way here but it really worked. Obviously Soya & Kitamiya are great together, & Oiwa has really grown from his NOAH run.

HM
17th March
Pro Wrestling NOAH Grand Voyage in Yokohama
Kenoh vs Ulka Sasaki
Watch this here

A shorter match and one without any doubt as to who'd win, but it's still real good.

MOTYC
20th March
New Japan New Japan Cup Night 11
New Japan Cup Final
Hirooki Goto vs Yota Tsuji
Watch this here

God drat this tournament needed a match this good. It really was a struggle to get through this year. So much House of Torture bullshit, & while it was fun seeing Tsuji overcome that in the semi-final, for how much the crowd was behind him for that, seeing the same thing over & over is exhausting.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 3/30

HM: The Infantry (Shawn Dean & Carlie Bravo) vs. FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler)
HM: The BCC (Claudio Castagnoli & Bryan Danielson) & Katsuyori Shibata vs. The Righteous (Vincent & Dutch) & Lance Archer

quoting pylons

shout out to lady frost working her rear end off

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 3/30

Nth, enjoyed all of these.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Grand Princess March 31st
MOTYC
TeaDK (Chris Brookes and Emi Sakura) vs Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki)
- Chris and Emi are such a great team, fantastic foils for Yuka in her first TJPW match repping AEW

Yukiniki (Yuki Aino and Ryo Mizunami) (c) vs Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) - Princess Tag Titles
- Aniki is such a great addition to the roster, an unstoppable force for her much smaller opponents to bounce off of

Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Miu Watanabe - Princess of Princess Title
- gently caress me I was so invested in the stongest idol facing down the final boss of TJPW, finish was a little flat for me but everything else was magnificent

HM
Raku Appreciation Society (Raku and Pom Harajuku) vs Animal Planet (Kaya Toribami and Andreza Giant Panda)
- Pure silliness, had me chuckling left and right

Rika Tatsumi vs Masha Slamovitch
- Masha's been great in teej, she and Rika worked really well together

Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima) vs Aja Kong and Max the Impaler
- KK bumping their assess off to make their opponents look like absolute monsters and also Kong got run over with the Battle Bike, what's not to love

Minoru Suzuki vs Maki Itoh
- You could tell Suzuki was having the time of his life here just being the biggest prick on earth

Pass the word along, TJPW loving rules

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Grand Princess March 31st
MOTYC
TeaDK (Chris Brookes and Emi Sakura) vs Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki)
- Chris and Emi are such a great team, fantastic foils for Yuka in her first TJPW match repping AEW

Yukiniki (Yuki Aino and Ryo Mizunami) (c) vs Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) - Princess Tag Titles
- Aniki is such a great addition to the roster, an unstoppable force for her much smaller opponents to bounce off of

Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Miu Watanabe - Princess of Princess Title
- gently caress me I was so invested in the stongest idol facing down the final boss of TJPW, finish was a little flat for me but everything else was magnificent

HM
Raku Appreciation Society (Raku and Pom Harajuku) vs Animal Planet (Kaya Toribami and Andreza Giant Panda)
- Pure silliness, had me chuckling left and right

Rika Tatsumi vs Masha Slamovitch
- Masha's been great in teej, she and Rika worked really well together

Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima) vs Aja Kong and Max the Impaler
- KK bumping their assess off to make their opponents look like absolute monsters and also Kong got run over with the Battle Bike, what's not to love

Minoru Suzuki vs Maki Itoh
- You could tell Suzuki was having the time of his life here just being the biggest prick on earth

Pass the word along, TJPW loving rules

Yeah, nth.

Agree on the main event finish just being a tad flat, everything leading up to it was great though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Maki Itoh vs. Minoru Suzuki - TJPW Grand Princess 3/31
Great comedy but also a genuinely good story with a near perfect aftermatch.

HM: Yuki Aino & Ryo Mizunami (C) vs. Daisy Monkey (Endo & Suzume) for the Princess Princess Tag Titles - TJPW Grand Princess 3/31
Aniki vs. BEE! was as fun and entertaining as I expected, a really fun match.

MOTYC: Miyu Yamashita (C) vs. Miu Watanabe for the Princess of Princess Champion - TJPW Grand Princess 3/31
Miyu was as cool and badass as ever and being the Final Boss of TJPW as always, but this match was all about Miu. Her monstering of Yamashita early on, her incredible selling when Miyu inevitably took back control, she was so impressive in a match all about showing she can hang up in that top of the card/main event spot. AND SHE loving WON YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Mar 31, 2024

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

MassRafTer posted:

CMLL Dos Leyendas 3/29

HM: Magnus y Rugido vs Neon y Brillante Jr
HM: Esfinge vs Zandokan Jr.
MOTYC: Barbaro Cavernario vs Averno

Possibly the show of the year.

Nth to all of these.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

JTO March 1st
HM
Tomoka Inaba (c) vs Azusa Inaba - Queen of JTO
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252754?2h36m15s
- Very cool sibling battle, Azusa is definitely amoung the best under 18s working the various joshi groups. Close to a MOTYC for me but it was missing something, possibly just because I knew the result going in

Seconding that

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Maki Itoh vs. Minoru Suzuki - TJPW Grand Princess 3/31
Great comedy but also a genuinely good story with a near perfect aftermatch.

HM: Yuki Aino & Ryo Mizunami (C) vs. Daisy Monkey (Endo & Suzume) for the Princess Princess Tag Titles - TJPW Grand Princess 3/31
Aniki vs. BEE! was as fun and entertaining as I expected, a really fun match.

i caught these two, nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

We're now in April & that means a quarter of 2024 has already flown by. It's sickening how fast time flies. What it also means is it's a time for a dump of info from my spreadsheet.

Match of the Year (so far)
1. Bryan Danielson vs Zack Sabre Jr, New Japan 11/2 New Beginning In Osaka
2. Masaaki Mochizuki vs Shingo Takagi Dragongate 10/1 Open The New Year Gate Night 4
3. Chihiro Hashimoto vs Sareee SareeeISM 16/1 SareeeISM Chapter 3
4. Bryan Danielson vs Kazuchika Okada New Japan 4/1 Wrestle Kingdom 18
5. Chihiro Hashimoto & Sareee vs Cosmic Angels (Natsupoi & Saori Anou) Stardom 9/3 Cinderella Tournament Night 1
6. Mayu Iwatani vs Syuri Stardom 4/1 Ittenyon Stardom Gate

I know a top 6 is weird, but it's all my matches at ****¾ or over. These are the best things I've watched, with links included. Top 2 are both ***** matches for me. Mochizuki vs Takagi has to be the match I've enjoyed the most that very few people have actually talked about, rare case of a Dragongate match where I seem to be the highest on it.

From the 537 matches across 160 shows I've watched, your top 5 wrestlers of the year

1. Bryan Danielson (AEW)
2. Shingo Takagi (NJPW)
3. Shun Skywalker (DG)
4. Jacky Funky Kamei (DG)
5. Dan Tamura (AJPW), Kazuchika Okada (NJPW) & Luis Mante (DG) all tied.

And your top 5 promotions of the year

1. New Japan Pro Wrestling
2. Dragongate
3. All Japan Pro Wrestling
4. Stardom
5. AEW

Dragongate has had a great start to the year (kind of unusual for them as January & February are often pretty quiet months), & full credit to AEW for being so high considering I've barely watched more than January stuff from them. I think the 7/2 Dynamite is the most recent watch, with Swerve vs Hangman & Takeshita vs Jericho. New Japan is the most frustrating promotion, because it's the only promotion so far I've given double figures of MOTYC nods to, but there are so many duds & poo poo that's boring or aggravating, it's hard to be positive on it despite the peaks being high.

I've slept so I'm going to put some more stats in here.

My most watched promotions so far, based on shows rather than matches because I dunno
1. New Japan - 26 (73 total matches watched)
2. Dragongate 23 (86 total matches watched, you can tell I skip way more NJPW)
3. NOAH 15 (40 matches watched)
4. All Japan 13 (81 matches watched, I've watched everything they've aired this year. Except the AWG offer matches, & the most recent show)
5. DDT 13 (27 matches watched, because how many times do you need to see a Danshoku Dieno opener? Less often than I have in my life, that's for sure)

For the year to date I've given out 54 MOTYCs & 130 HMs. New Japan lead the way with 14 MOTYCs & 13 HMs, Dragongate have 8 MOTYCs & 21 HMs, NOAH & Stardom have 4 MOTYCs a piece with 9 & 13 HMs respectively, AJPW have 3 & 20 HMs. After that there's 5 promotions with 2 MOTYCs, & 6 with 1.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 1, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

New Japan, perhaps because it puts on so many shows, really is quite amazing in how even when it is doing a lot of dumb poo poo like House of Torture ruining 80% of the New Japan Cup, you're still getting a high number of absolutely fantastic matches during that time period too.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
2024/03/30
AJPW Dream Power Series 2024
Rising HAYATO (c) vs MUSASHI for the World Junior Heavyweight Championship

More people need to see MUSASHI, he's awesome.

Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Yuma Anzai for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship
A huge beating lol

edit: these are HMs lol

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 2, 2024

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I noticed forkboy posted their stats which made me realise it's April already. I've currently nominated 44 MOTYC, which is a full 29 less than this time last year. Maybe i'm not enjoying wrestling as much in 2024, maybe that gap is all because the New Japan Cup was largely poo poo this year, who really knows.

Broken down by Promotion
15 - New Japan
9 - TJPW
6 - DDT
5 - AJPW
2 - AEW, Freelance Shows
1- CMLL, NOAH, Sareee-ISM, STARDOM, WAVE

Top Wrestlers
4 - Konosuke Takeshita (AEW/DDT), Will Ospreay (AEW/NJPW)
3 - Kazuchika Okada (NJPW), Miu Watanabe (TJPW)
Then a 25-way tie for people with 2 motyc, basically all the people you'd expect and also Hideki Suzuki

Top Matches
1. Chihiro Hashimoto vs Sareee - Sareee-ISM January 16th
2. Zack Sabre Jr vs Bryan Danielson - NJPW February 11th
3. Chihiro Hashimoto and Sareee vs Natsupoi and Saori Anou - Stardom March 9th
4. Templario vs Soberano Jr - CMLL/NJPW February 18th
5. Yuki Ueno vs HARASHIMA - DDT March 17th

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stardom March 31st
HM
Guilia vs Suzu Suzuki
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252825?t=2h22m36s

Guilia not taking the night off even in her last match with the company, well worth the watch

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GLEAT G Pro Wrestling Ver.70 March 16th
HM
Takanori Ito vs Daimonji So
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252762?t=1h29m58s

I wanted these beefers to beat each other raw, lo and behold these beefers beat each other raw. A shade below some of the wars So had in Big Japan last year but still a very good match

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 1, 2024

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
HM: Raw 4/1/24 - Riccochet vs Ivar

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 3/30

Finally caught up on Collision, nth to these.

I really hated Cardona when he showed up in AEW back in 2020, but this was a MUCH better showing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
13th March
Gatoh Move Road To Korakuen Sakura Days
Miyu Yotsuba vs Mizuki
Watch this here

HM
13th March
Gatoh Move Road To Korakuen Sakura Days
Asia Dream Tag Team Titles
Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga)(c) vs Chon Shiryu & Lee Yoneyamakao vs Minoru Fujita & Sayaka Obihiro vs Shuichiro Katsumura & Tokiko Kirihara
Watch this here

HM
10th February
AEW Collision
Brody King vs Mark Briscoe
Watch this here

HM
10th February
AEW Collision
AEW International Title
Orange Cassidy(c) vs Tomohiro Ishii
Watch this here

When trying to search to the match I saw Matt Taven call Tomohiro Ishii a melvin & I laughed

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
21st March
Dragongate Buyuden Rei -ZERO- Vol.4
BIG BOSS Shimizu vs Shuji Ishikawa
Watch this here

God drat Shuji makes Shimizu look tiny, I forget sometimes quite how big Ishikawa is. Anyway, Shimizu was real good here in an underdog role he really doesn't get to do in DG.

MOTYC
20th March
Big Japan in Korakuen
BJW Strong Heavyweight Title
Yuya Aoki(c) vs Takuya Nomura
Watch this here

Love these guys.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
New japan road to sakura genesis 3/4

HM : ishii/kushida/knight v newman/tjp/akira

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

New japan road to sakura genesis 3/4

HM : ishii/kushida/knight v newman/tjp/akira

Nth. Best thing on the show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
20th March
Big Japan in Korakuen
Fluorescent Lighttubes, Salt & Lemon Deathmatch
BJW Deathmatch Heavyweight Title

Yuki Ishikawa(c) vs Takumi Tsukamoto
Watch this here

HM
20th March
Pro Wrestling NOAH LIMIT BREAK ex.
Akitoshi Saito & Jun Akiyama vs Ren Ayabe & Shuji Ishikawa
Watch this here

HM
20th March
Pro Wrestling NOAH LIMIT BREAK ex.
Burning (Tetsuya Endo & Yuki Iino) vs Genta Yubari & Go Shiozaki
Watch this here

MOTYC
3rd March
ZERO1 23rd Anniversary - Destruction, Creation, Birth
ZERO1 World Junior Heavyweight Title & ZERO1 International Junior Heavyweight Titles
Takumi Baba(c) vs Seiki Yoshioka
Watch this here

HM
14th February
AEW Dynamite
Dax Harwood vs Jon Moxley
Watch this here

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
AEW Dynamite 4/3 (so far)

HM: Ospreay vs. Hobbs
HM Danielson vs Archer

Both just a step below MOTYC for me.

WMOTYC: Billy Gunn vs. Jay White

someone must stop billy gunn singles matches

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Punch McLightning posted:

2nd
WWE Raw-rear end match.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

HM Danielson vs Archer

Both just a step below MOTYC for me.

All seconded.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 4/3

HM: Will Ospreay vs. Powerhouse Hobbs
HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Lance Archer
WMOTYC: Jay White vs. Billy Gunn
HM: The Young Bucks ( Nicholas & Matthew Jackson) vs. The Best Friends (Orange Cassidy & Trent Beretta)
HM: Mariah May vs. Thunder Rosa

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 4/3

HM: Will Ospreay vs. Powerhouse Hobbs
HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Lance Archer
MOTYC: The Young Bucks ( Nicholas & Matthew Jackson) vs. The Best Friends (Orange Cassidy & Trent Beretta)
HM: Mariah May vs. Thunder Rosa

Two changes for me. Billy vs Jay wasn’t good but I don’t think it’s a candidate for worst match of the year or anything. And that tag match loving kicked rear end.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

maybe its the sudafed but i only got this for dynamite this week

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

AEW Dynamite 4/3

nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Dynamite for 4/3

HM: Will Ospreay vs Will Hobbs AKA A Battle of Wills
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs Lance Archer
HM: The Young Bucks vs Trent? and Orange Cassidy
HM: Mariah May vs Thunder Rosa

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Will Ospreay vs. Powerhouse Hobbs - AEW Dynamite 4/3
HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Lance Archer - AEW Dynamite 4/3

Nthing these, great matches on a real fun show.

Pylons posted:

HM: Matthew & Nicholas Jackson vs. Best Friends (Cassidy & Trent?) - AEW Dynamite 4/3

This one too! Matthew Jackson especially is incredible as a piece of poo poo EVP

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nth. tony's humiliation of the Switchblade is complete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means