Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Stardom ASGQ 27/4/24

MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani v Sareee. This one is an easy nomination. They literally beat the poo poo out of each other. Pretty much the perfect way of doing a "dream match" where it did suffer from a lack of build but the wrestlers are just so insanely awesome that they could drag all the heat into the match.

MOTYC: Saori Anou v Hanan. This had every right to struggle. Saori at times leaves me very cold when she is on top and she can pace matches in a way that drags. Hanan is a 19 year old in her biggest ever match. They had to follow Iwatani v Sareee but they smashed it out the park. It was actually my motn. I think my investment in Hanan through the Cinderella and up to this match probably plays a role in my fondness for this match but they delivered big time.

HM: Maika v Momo Watanabe: This was a really good match but it was let down by the second fall I thought making it fall just a bit short of the other big title matches. I was also really invested in Momo through the first half of the year. Maika continues being a strong champion.

HM: Crazy Star v FWC v 02 line v SLK/Ruaka : A crazy high speed tag team match. Its probably the easiest recommendation because its just bonkers.

HM: Meltear v Aja Kong/Kaoru Ito: I am probably judging this match on some sort of crazy sliding scale in my mind but this was an otherworldly good performance by meltear. Tam Nakano has returned in good form

Nth. I think Mayu vs. Sareee is my current match of the year, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Aew collision 4/27

Hm: rey fenix vs the beast mortos
Motyc: swerve strickland (c) vs claudio; aew championship

Aew rampage 4/27
Hm: trent beretta vs chuck taylor; parking lot brawl

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku April 27th
HM
LIJ (BUSHI, Hiromu, Shingo Takagi, Yota Tsuji and Tetsuya Naito) vs War Dogs (Gabe Kidd, Drilla Moloney, Clark Connors and David Finlay) and Jake Lee - Elimination match
- Crowd was pumped, I was pumped, Jake Lee looked like a dumbass

Jackie D posted:

AEW Collision 4/27

HM: Rey Fenix vs. The Beast, Mortos

HM: The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens) vs. Grizzled Young Vets (James Drake & Zack Gibson)
HM: Swerve Strickland vs. Claudio Castagnoli

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Collision 4/27

AEW Rampage 4/27
MOTYC: Chuck Taylor vs Trent?
HM: Thunder Rosa vs Deonna Purrazzo

agreed to all of these

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hikaru Sato Produce Indie Junior Festival ~ We Are All Alive 3 ~ March 28th
HM
Hikaru Sato (c) vs Fuminori Abe - Independant Jr Heavyweight Title
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252983?t=1h24m10s

Sendai Girls April 14th
HM
Team 200kg (Chihiro Hashimoto and Yuu) vs Seigo Tachibana and Kuroshio TOKYO Japan
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252911?t=1h11m25s

Mika Iwata (c) vs VENY
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252911?t=2h16m30s

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 6 April 28th
HM
Yuma Anzai vs Hartley Jackson
Kento Miyahara vs Shotaro Ashino

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 4/27

HM: Bullet Club Gold (Jay White, Austin, and Colten Gunn) vs. Top Flight (Darius and Dante Martin) & Action Andretti
MOTYC: Rey Fenix vs. "The Beast" Mortos
MOTYC: Swerve Strickland vs. Claudio Castagnoli

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Rampage 4/27
MOTYC: Chuck Taylor vs Trent?
HM: Thunder Rosa vs Deonna Purrazzo

Nthing these from last night. 3 great hours of wrestling.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wmotc: The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens) vs. Grizzled Young Vets (James Drake & Zack Gibson)

this sucked

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MOTYC: Rey Fenix vs. "The Beast" Mortos

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
AJPW Champion Carnival Night 4 April 24th
HM: Yuma Aoyagi vs Shotaro Ashino
HM: Yuma Anzai vs SUWAMA

AJPW was right to invest heavily in guys named Yuma

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
AJPW Champion Carnival Tag 5 - 4/28
HM:
Suwama v. Hideki Suzuki
Block B Tournament Match

These two just have fantastic chemistry. A real old school style mat wrestling main event (which probably shouldn't have been the main event) centered around trading holds and escapes. Hideki Suzuki is a fantastic grappler, and Suwama did pretty well, too. Crowd was really into it, which helped, but they ended things right when I was really getting into it.

OZ Academy Battle Big Bonus - 4/28
MOTYC:
Mio Momono (c) v. Mayumi Ozaki (c)
OZ Academy Openweight & AAAW Double Title Match (Momono held the OZ Academy Title and Ozaki held the AAAW Title going into it)

The last time these two faced off in a singles match, Momono lost the AAAW title to Ozaki and bled all over Korakuen. They ran a similar match here that started as a chaotic brawl all through Korakuen, with Ozaki dragging Momono up and down the stairs by a dog collar, beating on Momono all the while. Back in the ring, Momono put on a masterclass of a scrappy underdog babyface performance, selling like mad, hitting all of her fantastic dropkicks, and fending off Ozaki's lackeys. Momono might be the best pure babyface I've ever seen. I've never wanted someone to triumph like I want to see Mio Momono triumph. Does the match have the same result as their vicious brawl last August? Well, you'll have to watch it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
NJPW Wrestling Dontaku April 29

HM: BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi vs. Drilla Moloney & Clark Connors

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

NJPW Wrestling Dontaku April 29

HM: BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi vs. Drilla Moloney & Clark Connors

Yeah nth.,...that was fun

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
WMOTYC: Adam Copeland vs. Buddy Matthews, Dynamite 5/1

Just a bizarre match with a bad post-match. THE LORE OF THE MIST

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Buddy Matthews vs. Adam Copeland (c) - AEW Dynamite 5/1

https://twitter.com/VincentVerhei/status/1776804048244797900

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Seeing a good match that was really over with the crowd despite being star vs the guy who takes the pins in his stable and declaring it one of the worst matches of the year.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MOTYC: "The Learning Tree" Chris Jericho vs "The Wrestler" Katsuyori Shibata - FTW Rules Match

That son of a bitch Jericho has done it again.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Defenestrategy posted:

MOTYC: "The Learning Tree" Chris Jericho vs "The Wrestler" Katsuyori Shibata - FTW Rules Match

nth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

HM: "The Learning Tree" Chris Jericho vs "The Wrestler" Katsuyori Shibata - FTW Rules Match - AEW Dynamite 5/1

HM for me, but yeah absolutely inspired.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Defenestrategy posted:

We need to get Shibata in a DDT ring somehow. Nth.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Defenestrategy posted:

I was enjoying it a lot before Shibata in a trash can. That was great

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

MassRafTer posted:

Seeing a good match that was really over with the crowd despite being star vs the guy who takes the pins in his stable and declaring it one of the worst matches of the year.

Haven't watched the latest Dynamite yet but just so I can manage my expectation of the show: Without spoilering too much, why did the Copeland Vs. Buddy match go from good to WMOTYC?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Defenestrategy posted:

HM: "The Learning Tree" Chris Jericho vs "The Wrestler" Katsuyori Shibata - FTW Rules Match

Just an HM for me as well, but still, Nth.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Haven't watched the latest Dynamite yet but just so I can manage my expectation of the show: Without spoilering too much, why did the Copeland Vs. Buddy match go from good to WMOTYC?

I wasn’t paying the closest attention but there was a whole worked injury/possible medical situation spot which, while it wasn’t hugely dragged out, did let the air out somewhat

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Defenestrategy posted:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Long-Time Lurker posted:

it was a very "very good" WWE tv match not an AEW match

randy orton match was the comparison people made in the GDT

it only intermittently had any heat especially considering the length of the match

edit: if I showed you clips of the crowd reaction to Willow vs. Sky and the Copeland vs. Buddy, you'd think that Copeland was the one that went last on a 3 hour show.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 2, 2024

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Defenestrategy posted:

HM: "The Learning Tree" Chris Jericho vs "The Wrestler" Katsuyori Shibata - FTW Rules Match

HM from me. I loved this match. Everyone (wrestlers, commentary, Aubrey, the crowd) was having so much fun and Jericho's chest turned colors I didn't know the human body could turn.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MOTYC: Willow (c) vs. Skye Blue - AEW Rampage 5/1

They had no time so they just went out there and killed each other. Absolutely bonkers finish too.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 5/1

HM: Rocky Romero vs. Kyle O'Reilly
MOTYC: Willow Nightingale vs. Skye Blue

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fez_machine posted:

it was a very "very good" WWE tv match not an AEW match

randy orton match was the comparison people made in the GDT

it only intermittently had any heat especially considering the length of the match

Considering the crowd was never super hot for anything for any length of time it got great reactions for Copeland vs A Guy.

AEW Dynamite 5/1

HM: Jericho vs Shibata

AEW Rampage 5/1

HM: Willow Nightingale vs Skye Blue

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 5/1

Nth

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Considering the crowd was never super hot for anything for any length of time it got great reactions for Copeland vs A Guy.

AEW Dynamite 5/1

AEW Rampage 5/1

this is mine

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Dynamite 5/1

AEW Rampage 5/1

Agreed

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Defenestrategy posted:

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 5/1

nth

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cruddy Fatpoos 😔

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Serena Deeb vs. Mariah May, Dynamite 5/1/2024

These two just really clicked, felt like they were giving each other a Hell of a beating. And Toni throwing in the towel for her protege while said protege is getting her knee smashed into the canvas repeatedly is an ending that should lean to more fun down the road.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cruddy Fatpoos 😔

Eat more fibre

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Chris Jericho (C) vs. Katsuyori Shibata for the FTW Title - AEW Dynamite 5/1
The trashcan walking down a terrified Chris Jericho moment was incredible :allears:

HM: Willow (C) vs. Skye Blue for the TBS Title - AEW Rampage 5/1
This was great, would have been nice to actually see the finish, fite.tv! :argh:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:27 on May 3, 2024

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

AEW Dynamite 5/1

HM: Mariah May vs Serena Deeb

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
14th April
Dragongate Gate of Passion Night 3
Dragon Kid, Naruki Doi, Susumu Yokosuka & YAMATO vs Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu, Jacky Funky Kamei, Kzy & U-T)
Watch this here

MOTYC
28th March
Hikaru Sato Produce Indie Junior Festival We Are All Alive 3
Independent Junior Heavyweight Title
Hikaru Sato(c) vs Fuminori Abe
Watch this here

If you only watch one match from this entire post of me catching up on over a week of stuff all at once, make it this one. It's a very low-rent production because it's Nico Nico but my god I loved this so much. Just two violent idiots.

HM
27th April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 5
Champion Carnival B Block
Rei Saito vs Yuma Anzai
Watch this here

HM
6th April
New Japan Sakura Genesis
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles
Bullet Club War Dogs (Clark Connors & Drilla Moloney) vs Catch 22 (Francesco Akira & TJP) vs Intergalactic Jet Setters (Kevin Knight & KUSHIDA)
Watch this here

HM
7th April
DDT April Fool 2024
Chihiro Hashimoto vs Shinya Aoki
Watch this here

MOTYC
7th April
DDT April Fool 2024
37KAMIINA (MAO & Yuki Ueno) vs Chris Brookes & Zack Sabre Jr
Watch this here

WMOTYC
11th April
Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation Night 4
GHC National Title
Jack Morris(c) vs HAYATA
Watch this here

Jack Morris has improved a lot since turning up in NOAH but he's a guy who needs a capable partner. HAYATA is meanwhile beyond uninteresting. Like, he goes so far into boring that it becomes interesting only to go on so long it dips back into boring. This isn't fun bad, it's just "I wasted 15 minutes on this poo poo"

MOTYC
11th April
Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation Night 4
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Kenoh
Watch this here

NOAH superfan Hi5ame once described Kaito & Kenoh as being like squabbling brothers & ever since that's been in my brain because it is such a perfect description of their entire chemistry. Kenoh is the bullying shithead older brother, Kaito is the younger brother who gets so loving mad sometimes and smacks big bro in the face. One of those perfect rivalries. They've had better matches than this but it's still pretty drat great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
28th April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 6
Champion Carnival A Block
Kento Miyahara vs Shotaro Ashino
Watch this here

HM