Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Some more HMs from Prestige's Roseland 7 on January 5:

Anthony Henry & JD Drake vs. Eddie Pearl & Ricky Gibson
Amira vs. Drexl, Rose City Death
Josh Alexander vs. Timothy Thatcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

MOTY: Claudio vs Hangman (AEW Dynamite 1/10/24)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
This show happened Christmas day last year but wasn't broadcast until the 6th of this month. So I'm not sure how that goes as far as eligibility for the 2024 thread. I'll format my post as if it were eligible just in case it is. Either way, y'all should check it out if you like deathmatches. :)

FREEDOMS/Jun Kasai Produce Blood X'mas 2023 - taped 12/26/23, first broadcast 1/6/2024

HM:
Jun Kasai v. Jun Masaoka in a Hardcore Match
(Watch here)
I always pop for the Pearl Harbor Splash :patriot:

Toru Sugiura (c) v. Masashi Takeda in a King of FREEDOM World Title 4 Fluorescent Lighttubes & Glass Board T.K.D. Death Match
(Watch here)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
10th January
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 4 - Masaaki Mochizuki 30th Anniversary Show
M3K (Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda) vs Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu & Jacky Funky Kamei)
Watch this here

HM
10th January
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 4 - Masaaki Mochizuki 30th Anniversary Show
BxB Hulk, Dragon Kid, Kzy, Naruki Doi & YAMATO vs D'courage (Dragon Dia & Madoka Kikuta), Gold Class (Ben-K & Kota Minoura) & Strong Machine J
Watch this here

MOTYC
10th January
Masaaki Mochizuki vs Shingo Takagi
Watch this here

Well, there we go. My first ***** rating of 2024. I saw someone describe this as a love letter to their 2015 Dream Gate match (which was also ***** & probably a top 3 match of that year) & yeah, that's not unfair. Except it's that but with a spin on it: Shingo Takagi is now the undisputed star of the pair, while Mochizuki is old, he turns 54 a week after this show aired, & they play with that on top of the nods to their past battles (although much like the great Okada Tanahashi matches, you don't have to have seen them all to appreciate the fantastic match, it's just a bonus for those who have, another layer you can get something out of), with Mochizuki bumping like crazy & really turning the clock back a decade (& it's not like he wrestles like an old man normally!). Absolutely essential viewing, even if you're not a normal DG watcher.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ROH Honor Club 1/11

HM: Kyle Fletcher vs. Angelico
HM: Gravity vs. Jack Cartwheel vs. Slim J vs. Blake Christian

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ganbare Pro Rosier January 6th
HM
Mizuki Watase and Soma Takao vs Taison Maeguchi and Yumehito Imanari
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252290?t=55m42s
- Absolutely wild, includes one of the dumber bumps i've seen Watase take

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I just wanted to say I appreciate this thread because I am really expanding my horizons - having just watched Wrestle Kingdom for the first time. It’s especially great when you link the matches

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
10th January
Masaaki Mochizuki vs Shingo Takagi
Watch this here

+1 I hope Punch is okay

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Ganbare Pro Rosier January 6th
HM
Mizuki Watase and Soma Takao vs Taison Maeguchi and Yumehito Imanari
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252290?t=55m42s
- Absolutely wild, includes one of the dumber bumps i've seen Watase take

Does Taiji Ishimori sponsor GanPro or the venue? Because seeing a Bone Soldier banner on the balcony Watase was dangling from confused me.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Does Taiji Ishimori sponsor GanPro or the venue? Because seeing a Bone Soldier banner on the balcony Watase was dangling from confused me.

Probably just a fixture of the venue, a quick check shows it hanging proudly when GanPro last ran the venue in April 2023 (the show where MAO did a hurracanra off the top of that tractor wheel)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 1/12

HM: Eddie Kingston vs. Wheeler Yuta
HM: Hikaru Shida vs. Queen Aminata

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 1/12

Nth. Shida and Aminata stole the show tonight.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 1/12

nth and

HM: Swerve Strickland vs. Matt Sydal

a fine rampage!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

apophenium posted:

This show happened Christmas day last year but wasn't broadcast until the 6th of this month. So I'm not sure how that goes as far as eligibility for the 2024 thread. I'll format my post as if it were eligible just in case it is. Either way, y'all should check it out if you like deathmatches. :)

If it aired for the time in 2024 then it's eligible for this thread, yeah :)

Pillowpants posted:

I just wanted to say I appreciate this thread because I am really expanding my horizons - having just watched Wrestle Kingdom for the first time. It’s especially great when you link the matches

Wrestle Kingdom is always such a great way to start the year, glad the thread has helped you to get into it :)

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 14, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: FTR & Daniel Garcia vs. House of Black - AEW Collision 1/13

Holy loving poo poo. What a match. An incredible performance by Garcia in particular but EVERYBODY looked fantastic.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Holy loving poo poo. What a match. An incredible performance by Garcia in particular but EVERYBODY looked fantastic.

Nth this

As well as:

HM: Deonna Purazzo vs. Red Velvet
HM: JD Drake vs. 'Hangman' Adam Page

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
1st January
ZERO1 Happy New Year & Do Your Best! Shinjiro Otani Aid 2024
Leo Isaka vs Yuya Aoki
Watch this here

Good match. But I wanna complain & this is as good a place as any.

Samurai TV. It's amazing, in theory. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, wrestling (well & some MMA), from live coverage of NJPW's Road to New Beginning show on the 24th January, to tape delayed shows like this ZERO1, to a magazine style show like Battlemen which covers "shows this week" & then Occupation of the Indiez where you'll get clips from the smaller groups like Heat-Up or Secret Base. It's a god send really. But with all that time to fill, why the gently caress do they insist on cutting down shows like this ZERO1 show to fill a 2 hour block??? Ah, really got to fit in that 8th repeat of the week of some 2021 clap crowd era New Japan show? C'mon. Mio Momono vs Sareee & Kohei Sato vs Satsuki Nagao both looked really quite good, potential HMs, but were brutally cut to 3-4 minutes. And it seems so unnecessary, "we do this because we've always done it". Dawg, you got the time to just show us the whole drat thing, trust me. No one would rather see *checks schedule for today* ZERO1's 2019 Happy New Year show for example.

Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest even if it'll change nothing

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh, nearly forgot this one

HM
6th January
TJPW Inspiration 8
Princess of Princess Title #1 Contenders Battle Royal
Miu Watanabe vs Mizuki vs Rika Tatsumi vs Shoko Nakajima vs Yuki Kamifuku
Watch this here

You put some of the best wrestlers in TJPW in together & you get a real good match. Whodda thunk it?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MOTYC: Big Bill and Ricky Starks (c) vs Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara, AEW Tag Team Championship Street Fight, Battle of the Belts IX, 1/13

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerusalem posted:

Captain Foo posted:

MOTYC: Big Bill and Ricky Starks (c) vs Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara, AEW Tag Team Championship Street Fight, Battle of the Belts IX, 1/13

Pylons posted:

nth, though the street fight is an HM for me

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
From TNA Hard to Kill, 1/13

HM: Gisele Shaw vs. Xia Brookside vs. Jody Threat vs. Tasha Steelz vs Dani Luna vs. Alisha Edwards in Ultimate X51
MOTYC: Chris Sabin (c) vs. KUSHIDA vs. El Hijo del Vikingo for the TNA X Division Championship
HM: Josh Alexander vs. Alex Hammerstone
HM: The ABC (c) vs. the Rascalz vs. the Grizzled Young Veterans vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey & Laredo Kid for the TNA World Tag Team Championship

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

HM: Big Bill and Ricky Starks (c) vs Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara, AEW Tag Team Championship Street Fight, Battle of the Belts IX, 1/13

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
AEW Battle of the Belts IX (January 13th)

HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Preston Vance

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

MOTYC: Hanger vs Drake: Thought about it doing HM because there was no build but i loved this match.
MOTYC: FTR+Danny vs HOB: It was good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

Pylons posted:

HM: Deonna Purazzo vs. Red Velvet

Captain Foo posted:

and

HM: Dustin Rhodes vs. Willie Mack - AEW Collision 1/13

short but willie sold like a champ

what a great saturday night!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

From TNA Hard to Kill, 1/13

HM: Gisele Shaw vs. Xia Brookside vs. Jody Threat vs. Tasha Steelz vs Dani Luna vs. Alisha Edwards in Ultimate X51
MOTYC: Chris Sabin (c) vs. KUSHIDA vs. El Hijo del Vikingo for the TNA X Division Championship
HM: Josh Alexander vs. Alex Hammerstone
HM: The ABC (c) vs. the Rascalz vs. the Grizzled Young Veterans vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey & Laredo Kid for the TNA World Tag Team Championship

2nd

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

HM: Dustin Rhodes vs. Willie Mack - AEW Collision 1/13

short but willie sold like a champ

what a great saturday night!

Nth, for the format this was a fantastic match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Shingo Takagi in a Street Fight - NJPW Battle in the Valley 1/13

Holy poo poo, these two loving killed each other. Wish the audio quality for commentary wasn't so badly mixed so the hot crowd came through better, but that's like... that's my ONLY complaint about the match!

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Shingo Takagi in a Street Fight - NJPW Battle in the Valley 1/13

Holy poo poo, these two loving killed each other. Wish the audio quality for commentary wasn't so badly mixed so the hot crowd came through better, but that's like... that's my ONLY complaint about the match!

Hell yes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah agreed

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

yeah i haven't posted in these threads in recent years but that's my favorite match of 2024 so far. agreed

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Battle in the Valley January 13th
MOTYC
Shingo Takagi vs Jon Moxley - No DQ
Kazuchika Okada vs WIll Ospreay

HM
Giulia (c) vs Trish Adora
Eddie Kingston (c) vs Gabe Kidd - NJPW STRONG Openweight Title

Eddie/Gabe would have hit MOTYC if the ending weren't poo poo, such fire between the two

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Quote is not edit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW Battle in the Valley 1/13

I loved this, match was excellent, but it did have to follow that Mox/Shingo match which I can't help but compare it to. I thought the final quarter in particular was very strong and Okada's character work in particular was superb as always.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Motyc: Okada vs Ospreay: Battle of the Valley Jan 13th

Amazing match between 2 of the best. Just so good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Eddie/Gabe would have hit MOTYC if the ending weren't poo poo, such fire between the two

Nth

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

From Hard to Kill 2024:

MOTYC: Josh Alexander vs. Alex Hammerstone
HM: Trinity (c) vs Jordynne Grace for the TNA Knockouts Championship

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

AEW Collision - 1/13
HM:
Adam Page v. JD Drake

MOTYC:
Malakai Black, Buddy Matthews, & Brody King v. Dax Harwood, Cash Wheeler, & Daniel Garcia

NJPW Battle in the Valley - 1/13
HM:
Giulia (c) v. Trish Adora for the NJPW STRONG Women's Title

MOTYC:
Eddie Kingston (c) v. Gabe Kidd for the AEW Continental Crown
Shingo Takagi v. Jon Moxley in a No DQ match
Will Ospreay v. Kazuchika Okada

Still gotta watch Battle of the Belts, Hard to Kill, and the AJPW show :) Fun weekend of wrasslin'

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth. I didn't think the ending was that bad and it made sense, but it's not what you want in a PPV title match.