Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Inspiration January 6th
MOTYC
Mizuki vs Rika Tatsumi vs Kamiyu vs Miu Watanabe vs Shoko Nakajima - #1 Contender Battle Royal
- Nobody does battle royals like TJPW does them. This was absolutely fantastic work by everyone involved, especially considering Maki Itoh got pulled on short notice and any plans involving her had to change right quick

HM

Masha Slamovich vs Max the Impalers
- A true monster battle made all the more intense by Namba's increasingly frantic shouting for fans to get out of the way

What a fun little show, the Shinjuku FACE crowd were loving every minute of it

Nth

Not quite as high on the pom match, but the main really does deserve everybody's attention. The rope running spot near the beginning was incredible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

MOTYC: Josh Alexander vs. Will Ospreay, TNA Impact 1/18

Crapple! posted:

16.1.2024 Sareeeism 3

MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto vs Sareee

Better than Syuri/Mayu in my opinion and my current favourite match of the year

Nth to these, though I think I liked Syuri v Mayu a lil bit more

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 1/27

HM: Jon Moxley & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Shane Taylor & Lee Moriarty
HM: Komander vs. Orange Cassidy
HM: Mariah May vs. Lady Frost
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Yuji Nagata
MOTYC: House of Black ( Malakai Black, Brody King, & Buddy Matthews) vs. FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) & Daniel Garcia)

That last match is one of the most impeccably laid out matches I've ever watched. Absolutely incredible.

Nth, this was the best Collision they've done IMO

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Who was her opponent? It was one of the Renegade sisters I think?

Yes, Robyn.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

This is incredible.

https://twitter.com/GIFSkullX/status/1754694967379832845

WWE Raw 2/5
WMOTYC: Akira Tozawa and Maxxine Dupri vs. Ivar and Valhalla

Thank you to the nice person who requested I watch this.

Nth, definitely the worst match I've seen this year, though it got out of the way quickly

Absolute lol at Cole calling the softest and safest clothesline I've ever seen "wicked"

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Max Heart Tag Tournament Night 4 February 10th
MOTYC
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) vs DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi
- Fantastic stuff, was all in by the end and giving all my prayers to Bee and Zebra

HM
Shino Suzuki vs Haru Kazeshiro
- The Korakuen crowd was well behind these two rookies, great stuff from two ladies less than a year into their careers

Yukiniki (Yuki Aino and Ryo Mizunami) vs Miyu Yamashita and Toga
- Deliciously meaty

As expected from a TJPW live show this was a great time, would be keen for more Zara Zakher after her looking great on debut

Seconding this post, great breezy show per usual

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

WMOTYC - Deonna Purazzo v Madison Rayne - AEW Dynamite 2/21

This match was atrocious, slow, cold, and unenjoyable. Also likely contained an injury. The worst in AEW/RoH in as long as I can remember

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Pylons posted:

ROH Honor Club 2/22

HM: Sandra Moone vs. Red Velvet
HM: Billie Starkz vs. Robyn Renegade
HM: Komander vs. AR Fox vs. Matt Sydal vs. Exodus Prime
HM: Athena(c) vs. Nyla Rose, ROH Women's Championship, 2/3 falls tables match

Last match is a borderline MOTYC. Athena is the loving best.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Stardom February 17

HM: Hanan & Saya Iida vs. Mai Sakurai & Chanyota

This was action-packed and hard-hitting and the crowd was super hot. Over-delivered like crazy!

Nthing, Stardom match was the best of the lot but Nyla v Athena was very close

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Dynamite 3/20
HM: Kazuchika Okada vs Eddie Kingston

AEW Dynamite & AEW Rampage 3/20
MOTYC: Adam Copeland vs Christian Cage

AEW Rampage 3/20
HM: Orange Cassidy and Trent? vs Kyle Fletcher and Will Hobbs
HM: Konosuke Takeshita vs Rocky Romero
MOTYC: Julia Hart and Skye Blue vs Willow Nightingale and Kris Statlander

edited for Dynamite's main

Weird shows that wound up with a ton of great wrestling

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 3/27

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Katsuyori Shibata
HM: Private Party (Isaiah Kassidy & Marq Quen) vs. The Young Bucks (Nicholas & Matthew Jackson)
HM: Kris Statlander vs. Willow Nightingale vs. Skye Blue vs. Anna Jay
MOTY: Swerve Strickland vs. Konosuke Takeshita

I'll nth these

The women's four way was excellently produced, a little bit crisper in execution and it would have been a MOTYC

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

MOTYC - Danny Demanto Open Challenge - ICW NHB 61 - International Death Match Summit - Holy poo poo what a match. Goddamn if you like death matches, if you like hard hitting matches, JESSUUUSSS CHRIST.

Nth this as an HM, little "duel" near the end kinda pulled me out of it, but everything else was pretty great.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Stardom April 19

HM: Tam Nakano & Natsupoi vs. Hanan & Saya Iida

Great tag team main event!

Nth this one, though I think it was on April 13th based on every source I could find

Really the best two tag teams in the company going at it. wing☆gori rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Yes! Wonderland May 6th
MOTYC
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) (c) vs HIMAWARI and WAKANA Uehara - Princess Tag Titles
- The new generation defending their titles against the even newer, hungier generation. HIMAWARI especially was great here when she was in peril

Miu Watanabe (c) vs Shoko Nakajima - Princess of Princess Title
- Fantastic stuff, Miu looked right at home in her first defence of the big belt and Shoko is so effortlessly smooth at everyhting she does

HM
Maki Itoh vs Haru Kazeshiro

Also Runa vs Yuna is worth checking out if there's time, very fun show from top to bottom

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Stardom ASGQ 27/4/24

MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani v Sareee. This one is an easy nomination. They literally beat the poo poo out of each other. Pretty much the perfect way of doing a "dream match" where it did suffer from a lack of build but the wrestlers are just so insanely awesome that they could drag all the heat into the match.

MOTYC: Saori Anou v Hanan. This had every right to struggle. Saori at times leaves me very cold when she is on top and she can pace matches in a way that drags. Hanan is a 19 year old in her biggest ever match. They had to follow Iwatani v Sareee but they smashed it out the park. It was actually my motn. I think my investment in Hanan through the Cinderella and up to this match probably plays a role in my fondness for this match but they delivered big time.

HM: Maika v Momo Watanabe: This was a really good match but it was let down by the second fall I thought making it fall just a bit short of the other big title matches. I was also really invested in Momo through the first half of the year. Maika continues being a strong champion.

HM: Crazy Star v FWC v 02 line v SLK/Ruaka : A crazy high speed tag team match. Its probably the easiest recommendation because its just bonkers.

HM: Meltear v Aja Kong/Kaoru Ito: I am probably judging this match on some sort of crazy sliding scale in my mind but this was an otherworldly good performance by meltear. Tam Nakano has returned in good form

Catching up, nthing these