Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 - 1/4

HM:
Yuya Uemura v. Yota Tsuji
- Just barely an HM, largely because I really like these dudes and hope they have plenty of fun matches against each other :)

Shingo Takagi (c) v. Tama Tonga for the NEVER Openweight Title
Hiromu Takahashi (c) v. El Desperado for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title
SANADA (c) v. Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP World Heavyweight Title
- A solid main event. Naito's never been my favorite, and SANADA's reign has been kind of lackluster, but they ended up telling a nice little story in front of a very loud Tokyo Dome crowd.

MOTYC:
Will Osprey (c) v. David Finlay v. Jon Moxley for the IWGP Global Heavyweight Title
- I get Finlay's detractors but I kinda like him and I think he did enough to establish himself as New Japan's top foreign heel. So I felt that he added more to the match despite initially wishing he'd gently caress off and let Moxley and Ospreay fight. But of course Ospreay and Moxley were the real stars. I loved when they dusted off their hands after nuking Finlay and hopped into the ring to face off. I hope to see them face off many more times in AEW.

Kazuchika Okada v. Bryan Danielson
- As much as I love Kento Miyahara, Okada is still my favorite main event wrestler. Even though this wasn't the main event, Okada has so much ring presence that it really felt like a main event, with weight behind every strike, every submission hold, and every nearfall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

NOAH The New Year - 1/2

HM
Tomohiro Ishii v. Masa Kitamiya

Stardom Ittenyon Stardom Gate - 1/4

HM
Mayu Iwatani (c) v. Syuri for the IWGP Women's Title

NJPW New Year Dash!! - 1/5

HM
Will Ospreay, Jeff Cobb, Francesco Akira, TJP, & HENARE v. David Finlay, Alex Coughlin, Clark Connors, Drilla Moloney, & Gabe Kidd

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
3rd January
AEW Dynamite
Darby Allin vs Konosuke Takeshita
Watch this here

Basically just Takeshita yeeting Allin around. Very entertaining & left me wishing Allin hadn't missed his true calling, being an enhancement talent on WCW Saturday Night, getting murdered by Scott Steiner.

HM
3rd January
AEW Dynamite
Daniel Garcia vs Swerve Strickland
Watch this here

I was gonna bug you to at least give the Allin v. Takeshita match a chance, especially since you watched some WWE matches. Glad you liked it :)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

ZERO1 Happy New Year & Do Your Best! Shinjiro Otani Aid 2024 - 1/1

HM
Sareee v. Mio Momono

:)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

This show happened Christmas day last year but wasn't broadcast until the 6th of this month. So I'm not sure how that goes as far as eligibility for the 2024 thread. I'll format my post as if it were eligible just in case it is. Either way, y'all should check it out if you like deathmatches. :)

FREEDOMS/Jun Kasai Produce Blood X'mas 2023 - taped 12/26/23, first broadcast 1/6/2024

HM:
Jun Kasai v. Jun Masaoka in a Hardcore Match
(Watch here)
I always pop for the Pearl Harbor Splash :patriot:

Toru Sugiura (c) v. Masashi Takeda in a King of FREEDOM World Title 4 Fluorescent Lighttubes & Glass Board T.K.D. Death Match
(Watch here)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
10th January
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 4 - Masaaki Mochizuki 30th Anniversary Show
Masaaki Mochizuki vs Shingo Takagi
Watch this here

+1 I hope Punch is okay

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

AEW Collision - 1/13
HM:
Adam Page v. JD Drake

MOTYC:
Malakai Black, Buddy Matthews, & Brody King v. Dax Harwood, Cash Wheeler, & Daniel Garcia

NJPW Battle in the Valley - 1/13
HM:
Giulia (c) v. Trish Adora for the NJPW STRONG Women's Title

MOTYC:
Eddie Kingston (c) v. Gabe Kidd for the AEW Continental Crown
Shingo Takagi v. Jon Moxley in a No DQ match
Will Ospreay v. Kazuchika Okada

Still gotta watch Battle of the Belts, Hard to Kill, and the AJPW show :) Fun weekend of wrasslin'

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

TNA Hard to Kill - 1/13

HM:
Alisha Edwards v. Gisele Shaw v. Xia Brookside v. Dani Luna v. Tasha Steelz v. Jody Threat in an Ultimate X Match
(Watch here)
These are the kinds of matches you can't really get anywhere else. Lots of fun spots, high pace, and everyone looked good. I was especially impressed by Dani Luna.

HM:
Chris Sabin (c) v. KUSHIDA v. El Hijo Del Vikingo for the TNA X Division Title
(Watch here)
The X Division is another kind of thing that is somewhat unique to TNA. A ton of action that never feels hyper choreographed. Only negative was a spot where Vikingo was waiting for a while to take a move on the ramp. Probably not really that long but it felt like an eternity.

MOTYC:
Josh Alexander v. Alex Hammerstone
(Watch here)
Josh Alexander is a fantastic worker. Up there with like Shingo and Ishii, but with the extra spice of a lethal ankle lock. I also really like the weird crossbody type thing he does through the bottom rope to someone sitting on the apron. Very cool spot. Hammerstone I was unfamiliar with, but he impressed, keeping pace with Alexander and never once looking blown up. They rocked each other with vicious strikes and traded an insane amount of suplexes and other power moves.

Was a fun show! Only duds were the PCO stuff (and even that's not too bad cause PCO takes insane bumps, bless him) and the knockouts tag title match. I'll probably keep up with the PPVs but will only pick and choose matches from the weekly stuff. :)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 1/17

MOTYC: Christian Cage vs. Dustin Rhodes

forkboy84 posted:

HM
14th January
All Japan New Year Giant Series Night 3 ~ Masa Fuchi 50th Anniversary/70th Birthday Show
AJPW World Tag Team Titles
Saito Brothers (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)(c) vs Hokuto Omori & Katsuhiko Nakajima
Watch this here

Crapple! posted:

16.1.2024 Sareeeism 3

MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto vs Sareee

+1 to all of these.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

MOTYC: Josh Alexander vs. Will Ospreay, TNA Impact 1/18

Double post, but uh, god drat. Watch this match, y'all. +1

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kenoh (C) vs. Go Shiozaki for the GHC Title - NOAH Star Navigation Night 1 1/13

Good to know who is NOAH :hmmyes:

Watched this earlier today and I agree. +1

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

AEW Collision - 1/20

HM: Queen Aminata v. Thunder Rosa
MOTYC: Daniel Garcia v. Buddy Matthews
HM: Ortiz & Eddie Kingston v. Daniel Bryan & Claudio Castagnoli

What a hot show!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

NJPW Road to New Beginning - 1/24

HM: Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, & Tomohiro Ishii (c) v. Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls, & Shane Haste for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Titles
Emotionally charged match, with huge crowd reactions for Okada. CHAOS's run with the belts has led to some really great matches and this was no exception.

MOTYC: Ren Narita v. Shota Umino
Thoroughly engrossing match. Loving Narita's character as a House of Torture guy. These guys are going to have a killer Wrestle Kingdom main event one day.

AEW Collision - 1/27

HM: Bryan Danielson v. Yuji Nagata
Love to live in a world where this match can happen on national TV. Nagata can still hang with the best of 'em but Bryan really made him shine.

MOTYC: Daniel Garcia, Cash Wheeler, & Dax Harwood v. Malakai Black, Brody King, & Buddy Matthews in a 6-man escape the cage match
A superbly booked match with everyone working their asses off. Daniel Garcia is quickly becoming my favorite young guy in AEW.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

AJPW New Year Giant Series - 1/27

HM: Atsuki Aoyagi & Yuma Aoyagi defeat Hideki Okatani & Konosuke Takeshita
Takeshita is a beast and worked really well with Yuma. Yuma delivers one of the crunchiest piledrivers I've ever seen:

MOTYC: Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) v. Shotaro Ashino for the AJPW Triple Crown Title
Yeah, this Nakajima run is one of my favorite title reigns I've seen. He's a bastard channeling Inoki in the promotion founded by Giant Baba, with the lauded Triple Crown. Solid work by both, but Nakajima's character really elevates this one.

AEW Dynamite - 1/31

HM: Toa Liona v. "Hangman" Adam Page
Jeez, Adam Page gave Liona everything here. Really made Liona out to be a huge monster, even in the finish. Page has always been just on the outside of my top-10 active wrestlers because I felt like I wanted to see something else from him. The way he sold for Liona, who's only been wrestling for three years, was what I wanted to see.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Dragongate The Gate of Bayside - 1/27

HM: Luis Mante (c) v. Shun Skywalker for the Open the Dream Gate Title
Shun Skywalker is one of my favorite heels in wrestling right now. He's so menacing and unhinged. This was the first singles match between these two after Skywalker betrayed Mante in a 5-way mascara contra mascara escape the cage match last year, costing Mante his mask. Solid build with a hell of a crescendo. I think we'll see these guys square off again before too long.

AEW Collision - 2/3

MOTYC: Eddie Kingston (c) v. Bryan Keith for the AEW Continental Crown
Bryan Keith has really showed up for his AEW appearances and this is his best one yet. A really brutal brawl of a match with both guys looking to be at the peak of their games. Looking forward to more from Keith now that he's got the #AllElite treatment.

MOTYC: Hechicero v. Bryan Danielson
A technical dream match with tons of heavy striking for good measure. Danielson is having an excellent 2024 so far with this being his second match to earn a MOTYC nod from myself. Hechicero is a cool motherfucker. Sick fire orb entrance, he looks awesome, he does cool moves, and he really gave Danielson a run for his money. Just a ton of fun.

HM: Daniel Garcia, Dax Harwood, & Cash Wheeler v. Christian Cage, Nick Wayne, & Killswitch
FTR really know how to put together tag matches, don't they? And the continuing rise of Daniel Garcia has been excellent to see. Great match with extended heat segments, comebacks, hope spots, and a clever finishing sequence.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

This is incredible.

https://twitter.com/GIFSkullX/status/1754694967379832845

WWE Raw 2/5
WMOTYC: Akira Tozawa and Maxxine Dupri vs. Ivar and Valhalla

Thank you to the nice person who requested I watch this.

Lol. +1 that was stinky

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Nth lmao

Has Maxxine ever been trained? And what a waste of time that match was.

From what I gather listening to Dave and Bryan her gimmick is that she's bad and she joined whatever group Otis is in to get better. But I don't think those botches were her workin

She's only wrestled 10 matches idk why they're having her try to do back handspring shits on live TV. Seems like a rib almost

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

AEW Dynamite - 2/7

HM: Ricky Starks & Big Bill (c) v. Darby Allin & Sting in a tornado tag match for the AEW World Tag Team Titles
Fun stuff. Sting taking crazy bumps. Hot end to a great show with a good angle setting up Sting's final match next month.

MOTYC: Swerve Strickland v. "Hangman" Adam Page
Superbly laid out match excellently worked. These guys really have something with this feud.

NJPW Road to New Beginning - 2/4

MOTYC: HENARE v. Gabe Kidd
Speaking of eternal rivals, these guys have something special here, too. Absolute mad lads going for broke.

Nippon TV Produce 70 Years Of Pro-Wrestling Broadcast The NTV Pro-Wrestling - 2/9

HM: Kento Miyahara, Ryuki Honda, & Dan Tamura v. Yuma Aoyagi, Atsuki Aoyagi, & Rising HAYATO
This was a really fun show with a nice, uplifting mood. Seventy years of pro-wrestling! This match even had Toshiaki Kawada and Akira Taue on commentary! A fun match in front of a sold out Korakuen Hall going about as crazy as they do these days. They even booed Kento when he did heel stuff!

MOTYC: Kaito Kiyomiya v. Yuma Anzai
I know his booking leaves a lot to be desired, but Kaito is still a super worker with great ring presence. Yuma Anzai is seriously impressive for someone with only two years in the biz. They put on a hell of a main event paying homage to the legends of the past. Keiji Muto and Kenta Kobashi provided commentary on this and there was just a really positive feel to everything. The future may still seem shaky in the recovery since the pandemic, but you can't deny the talent is there.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

duckdealer posted:

AEW Revolution 2024

HM: Christian Cage vs Daniel Garcia
MOTYC: Eddie Kingston vs Bryan Danielson
HM: Blackpool Combat Club vs FTR
HM: Roderick Strong vs Orange Cassidy
MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Konosuke Takeshita
HM: Samoa Joe vs Hangman Page vs Swerve Strickland
MOTYC: Sting and Darby Allin vs The Young Bucks

Think I'll go with these. Incredible show.

Hey this is exactly what I was gonna post! +1 to all of it. Helluva show. So glad I got to be there live :)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

New Japan Cup Night 3 - 8 March 2024

HM: Yuya Uemura v. Shingo Takagi, New Japan Cup Round 1

New Japan Cup Night 4 - 10 March 2024

MOTYC: Jeff Cobb v. Yota Tsuji
These guys had the crowd going NUTS! Jeff Cobb is one of my eternal favs and Tsuji has really grown into his character. Really fun power v. power match.

Kind of an underwhelming tournament through the first round. Things should pick up though. Well, I guess there's still a Toru Yano singles match on the most recent card. After that it should pick up.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Catching up on some recs from February and March.

RevPro High Stakes - 2/18/24
MOTYC:
Michael Oku (c) v. Will Ospreay for the RevPro Undisputed British Heavyweight Title

NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo - 2/23/24
HM:
Mayu Iwatani (c) v. Mina Shirakawa for the IWGP Women's Title

Hiromu Takahashi v. DOUKI

Shingo Takagi v. Taichi

AJPW Excite Series Night 1 - 2/20/24
HM:
Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO v. Yuma Aoyagi & Atsuki Aoyagi

Dan Tamura (c) v. Fuminori Abe for the AJPW World Junior Heavyweight Title

AEW Dynamite - 3/6/24
HM:
Riho v. Kris Statlander

MOTYC:
Will Ospreay v. Kyle Fletcher

NJPW New Japan Cup Night 7 - 3/13/24
HM:
Shingo Takagi v. Gabe Kidd

AEW Dynamite Big Bu$iness - 3/13/24
HM:
Jay White v. Darby Allin

Riho v. Willow Nightingale

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

AJPW Dream Power Series Night 1 - 03/09
HM: Dan Tamura (c) v. Rising HAYATO
AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Title

STARDOM Cinderella Tournament Night 1 - 03/09
MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto & Sareee v. Natsupoi & Saori Anou

DDT Judgment - 03/17
MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita v. Yuma Aoyagi

CMLL Homenaje a Dos Leyendas - 03/29
HM: La Catalina, Tessa Blanchard, y Willow Nightingale v. Stephanie Vaquer, Lluvia, y Zeuxis

HM:Rocky Romero y Mascara Dorada v. Atlantis Jr. y Soberano Jr.
Torneo Increible de Parejas Final

MOTYC
Bryan Danielson, Matt Sydal, Jon Moxley, y Claudio Castagnoli v. Mistico, Volador Jr., Blue Panther, y Ultimo Guerrero

TJPW Grand Princess - 03/31
HM: Miyu Yamashita (c) v. Miu Watanabe
TJPW Princess of Princess Title

ROH Supercard of Honor - 04/05
HM: Kyle Fletcher (c) v. "Big Shotty" Lee Johnson
ROH World TV Title

HM: Eddie Kingston (c) v. Mark Briscoe
ROH World Title

CMLL Super Viernes - 04/05
HM: Templario, Rocky Romero, y Averno v. Mistico, Volador Jr., y Atlantis Jr.
Best Two Out of Three Falls

HM: Bryan Danielson v. Blue Panther
Submission Match

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

New Japan Sakura Genesis - 04/06
HM: Clark Connors & Drilla Moloney (c) v. Kevin Knight & KUSHIDA v. Francesco Akira & TJP
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title Tornado Tag

HM: EVIL (c) v. Shingo Takagi
NEVER Openweight Title

HM: Tetsuya Naito (c) v. Yota Tsuji
IWGP World Heavyweight Title

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragongate Rey de Parejas 2024, 4/7

MOTYC: Rey de Parejas B Block - D'Courage (Madoka Kikuta & Dragon Dia) vs. Big Hug (HYO & Luis Mante)
Tag team wrestling rules.

I'll give this an HM nod, with a bonus gif of a very fun DDT sell.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Pylons posted:

NOAH STAR Navigation 2024, 4/11

MOTYC: Kaito Kiyomiya vs. KENOH

4th. Hell of a grudge match. These guys bring the best out of each other.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

DDT April Fool 2024 - 4/7

MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto v. Shinya Aoki
Some context if you're unfamiliar with either of these wrestlers, as I was watching their first bout from DDT's Nevermind 2022 show: Chihiro Hashimoto is one of the best active joshi who wrestles a powerhouse style. Shinya Aoki is an absolute killer mixed martial artist with 31 career submission victories, despite looking like a skinny nerd. He's garnered some controversy for breaking people's arms in matches. This match was excellent, with a lot of drama for all the holds, escapes, and suplexes. It's really cool when submission holds are worked like this and treated as deadly. The crowd knows how vicious these two are and react huge when Aoki locks in an armbar or Hashimoto locks in a full nelson.

NJPW Windy City Riot - 4/12

All HMs:
Stephanie Vaquer (c) v. AZM for the New Japan STRONG Women's Title
"Scapegoat" Jack Perry v. Shota Umino
Matt Riddle (c) v. Zack Sabre Jr. for the NJPW World Television Title
Tomohiro Ishii v. Nic Nemeth
Tetsuya Naito (c) v. Jon Moxley for the IWGP World Heavyweight Title

I get why it hasn't gotten any nominations, but the Matt Riddle and Zack Sabre Jr. match was my MOTN. Really great work with the upside that Matt Riddle is probably done with NJPW. Zack Sabre Jr. is fantastic and really put on a classic here. Riddle was rightly booed despite not really working heel and the crowd was really behind ZSJ. Riddle is an abhorrent person and I don't want to look past that or make light of that but it was a really good match.

The show overall was excellent, despite no MOTYCs. I wish NJPW would run somewhere I could actually feasibly go.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

AJPW New Age Chronicle-Z 4 - 4/11
WMOTYC: Imabari Towel Mascaras & Yakan Nabe v. Hideki "Shrek" Sekine in a 2-on-1 handicap match

I've rated a lot of matches this year and a few I've rated pretty low, but I don't think I've actually nominated any WMOTYCs. I generally don't like being too negative unless it's really warranted. For this match, it's warranted. I tried to think about what aspects of a match would make it actively bad. I think for me, a bad match is one where no one looks good. Botched spots, people in the wrong place at the wrong time, finish gets messed up. And such. I try not to rate matches based on the booking. Like if the person I like doesn't win, I wouldn't give that a lower score or something. I don't think that's totally fair.

So what went wrong here? Well, based on this match, Hideki Sekine really shouldn't be wrestling. I don't know a lot about him. He's a big weird lookin' dude. He's fifty, and he had an MMA career prior to getting into pro wrestling a few years ago. The story of the match is that he's big and strong and had a .500 record in MMA and that his opponents are lil twerps. There is something inherently funny about seeing Hideki Sekine lumbering towards Yakan Nabe. But he had a bad, bad match. His selling is to the point where I'm not sure if he's no-selling or just isn't aware that he should be selling. There's a blown spot where Imabari Towel Mascaras is being carried by Sekine and Yakan Nabe is supposed to jump off the top rope and do a splash and take them down, but Sekine doesn't go down. I thought maybe he was supposed to catch them both, but Yakan Nabe goes up again, redoes the spot, and they all go down.

The finish also gets messed up. Sekine gets dropkicked in the face, Yakan Nabe twists him up in la magistral, and Towel Mascaras comes over with the jackknife to pick up the win. However, Sekine's shoulder is clearly off the mat, granted, it was the one on the other side of the ref. The ref counts three and Shrek seems legitimately confused. Granted, I'm not sure if this was the planned finish and maybe Shrek forgot or what. Anyways, he's visibly bleeding from the mouth, so injury to insult. The only saving grace was he hit a really sick German suplex at some point.

So I think this is what I'm going to think of when I think of a bad match. No one ends up looking good. Not the wrestlers, not the ref, no one. It's embarrassing to watch and made me feel bad.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

All Japan Pro Wrestling Champion Carnival 2024 Tag 1 - 4/18
HM
Ren Ayabe v. Kento Miyahara, Block A Tournament Match
Ren looks great since signing full-time with All Japan and giving him this much in a match against the current ace of the promotion did a lot for the young giant.

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre Super Viernes - 4/19
MOTYC
Flip Gordon, Esfinge, y Titan v. Villano III Jr., El Hijo de Villano III, y Zandokan Jr. in a 2 out of 3 falls match
Wall to wall action where the tecnicos got to look like absolute superheroes. Flip Gordon surprised me here, as he and Titan were the clear standouts. Really good match.

MOTYC
Mistico v. Atlantis Jr. v. Mascara Dorada in a Three-Way Eliminator Campeon Universal del CMLL 2024 semi-final match
Super solid stuff here. Atlantis Jr. looked great, I love his sorta throwback style. He hit a falling top rope powerbomb on Mascara Dorada that also ended up being a splash on Mistico that was tremendous. He also did a beautiful package piledriver > wheelbarrow suplex that absolutely obliterated Mascara Dorada. He didn't look this good when I saw him against Chris Jericho in AEW or during the Fantastica Mania tour in New Japan. Something about the Arena Mexico energy just really brings it out of him. Mistico is always great. His floating springboard crossbody is transcendent, I dunno how he hangs in the air so long. Mascara Dorada was able to keep up with everyone by being a little bit sneaky but also by hitting some incredibly impressive 450s and shooting stars and whatnot.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

HM
21st April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 3
Champion Carnival A Block
Kento Miyahara vs Yuma Aoyagi
Watch this here

HM
21st April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 3
Champion Carnival B Block
Ryuki Honda vs Yuma Anzai
Watch this here

Plus one to these (knocking the second to HM). Also adding:

All Japan Champion Carnival Night 3 - 4/21
HM
Cyrus v. Kuroshio TOKYO Japan
Champion Carnival Block A Match

One of those matches that mainly takes place before the bell. Cyrus, the Monster, gleefully dogwalking the hapless Kuroshio throughout the arena. Kuroshio's top notch selling really worked for me, as well as Cyrus menacing the fans, the refs, and the All Japan dojo youngsters. Being a superheavyweight, Cyrus was a bit gassed by the time the match officially started, but I still had a good time :)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

NOAH Monday Magic Season 2 Final Episode - 4/22
HM
Starboy Charlie & Titus Alexander v. Naomichi Marufuji & Hajime Ohara
An all-out action tag match that was just so much fun start to finish. Watched this on a whim and was very pleased

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 4 - 4/24
MOTYC
Shotaro Ashino v. Yuma Aoyagi, Block A Tournament Match
Shotaro proving to all why he is Master of Suplex. There's a kind of visceral response to seeing dudes suplexing each other on that blue All Japan canvas. Nothing like it.

MOTYC
Yuma Anzai v. Suwama, Block B Tournament Match
Throughout this tournament, Yuma Anzai has debuted new gear, a new powermove finisher, and with this match, a new submission finisher. He was already the complete package, but now he's an even completer package. Great things in store for All Japan viewers this year.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

AJPW Champion Carnival Tag 5 - 4/28
HM:
Suwama v. Hideki Suzuki
Block B Tournament Match

These two just have fantastic chemistry. A real old school style mat wrestling main event (which probably shouldn't have been the main event) centered around trading holds and escapes. Hideki Suzuki is a fantastic grappler, and Suwama did pretty well, too. Crowd was really into it, which helped, but they ended things right when I was really getting into it.

OZ Academy Battle Big Bonus - 4/28
MOTYC:
Mio Momono (c) v. Mayumi Ozaki (c)
OZ Academy Openweight & AAAW Double Title Match (Momono held the OZ Academy Title and Ozaki held the AAAW Title going into it)

The last time these two faced off in a singles match, Momono lost the AAAW title to Ozaki and bled all over Korakuen. They ran a similar match here that started as a chaotic brawl all through Korakuen, with Ozaki dragging Momono up and down the stairs by a dog collar, beating on Momono all the while. Back in the ring, Momono put on a masterclass of a scrappy underdog babyface performance, selling like mad, hitting all of her fantastic dropkicks, and fending off Ozaki's lackeys. Momono might be the best pure babyface I've ever seen. I've never wanted someone to triumph like I want to see Mio Momono triumph. Does the match have the same result as their vicious brawl last August? Well, you'll have to watch it.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Defenestrategy posted:

MOTYC: "The Learning Tree" Chris Jericho vs "The Wrestler" Katsuyori Shibata - FTW Rules Match

That son of a bitch Jericho has done it again.

I was enjoying it a lot before Shibata in a trash can. That was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

World Wonder Ring Stardom All-Star Grand Queendom - 4/27

MOTYC
Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki v. Ruaka & Starlight Kid v. AZM & Miyu Amasaki v. Hazuki & Koguma
Goddess of Stardom Title

MOTYC
Mayu Iwatani (c) v. Sareee
IWGP Women's Title

NJPW Wrestling Dontaku Tag 1 - 5/3

MOTYC
Zack Sabre Jr. (c) v. Jeff Cobb
NJPW World TV Title

HM
David Finlay v. Yota Tsuji

NJPW Wrestling Dontaku Tag 2 - 5/4

MOTYC