Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
HM: Hyper Misao vs Shoko Nakajima, TJPW Ittenyon '24 1/4
HM: Maki Itoh vs Rina Yamashita, TJPW Ittenyon '24 1/4
HM: Daydream (Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe) vs Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) vs Ryo Mizunami and Yuki Aino, TJPW Ittenyon '24 1/4
HM: Miyu Yamashita vs Masha Slamovich, TJPW Ittenyon '24 1/4

fun as gently caress show, been tuned out of TJPW since the summer but gonna try to watch more over the next few months leading up to the sumo hall show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Jon Moxley vs. David Finlay for the IWGP Global Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 1/4
HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 1/4
HM: SANADA (C) vs. Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 1/4

i'm happy i did my yearly njpw check-in but this show really reminded me that this promotion just isn't something i need in my life any more, especially since so many top guys can be seen elsewhere. i'm sure i'll catch some streams of the bigger US shows that i happen to be around for live, but the days of trying to watch the next day on NJPW World (or stay up stupidly late) are over for me

maybe they'll rejuvenate things a bit - enjoyed seeing tsuji and yuya tear it up, that was promising - but unless they drastically overhaul the current factions i cannot imagine it becoming truly interesting again in 2024, and all the little moves they made in the past few days show that that's the last thing on their radar. instead you'll have another decade of two to four different bullet clubs and you'll like it!!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM: KONOSUKE TAKESHITA vs Naruki Doi, DDT Sweet Dreams 1/28
HM: Yuki Ueno (c) vs Yukio Naya - KO-D Openweight Title, DDT Sweet Dreams 1/28

I'm too picky to nominate anything else but this was a great show that's worth a watch (skipping the Dieno match as usual). My beef with the main was just I thought the finisher was a stupid looking hold and hated that Naya tapped instead of going unconscious, which really just goes to show how bought in that match made me on a guy I'd gone a whole tournament kind of ambivalent on. I truly hope he somehow gets new hair and gear this year though. And learns a facial expression beyond "confusion."

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

DDT Judgement ~ 27th Anniversary ~ March 17th
MOTYC Shunma Katsumata vs Hideki Okatani
HM Burning (Tetsuya Endo and Yuki Iino) (c) vs New Period (Ryuki Honda and Yuma Anzai)
HM MAO vs Takeshi Masada
HM KONOSUKE TAKESHITA vs Yuma Aoyagi
MOTYC Yuki Ueno vs HARASHIMA

great show. also really liked Ohka vs Takagi and Ishikawa/Yoshitatsu vs Higuchi/Naya. hyped for ddt in philadelphia :)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

CMLL Dos Leyendas 3/29

HM: Magnus y Rugido vs Neon y Brillante Jr
HM: Esfinge vs Zandokan Jr.
HM: Barbaro Cavernario vs Averno
MOTYC: Lluvia, Stephanie Vaquer y Zeuxis vs La Catalina, Tessa Blanchard y Willow Nightingale
HM: Soberano Jr. y Atlantis Jr. vs Rocky Romero y Mascara Dorada
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli, Jon Moxley y Matt Sydal vs Blue Panther, Místico, Último Guerrero y Volador Jr.

excellent stuff goddamn

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM: CMLL Arena Mexico 4/5 - Blue Panther vs Bryan Danielson

i have watched too much wrestling this weekend so i kinda spaced out all the way through ROH and almost didnt watch this but man it kicked so much rear end

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

while i'm here

HM: Yuki Ueno vs Speedball Mike Bailey, DDT Coming to Philadelphia 4/4
HM: MAO vs Billie Starkz, DDT Coming to Philadelphia 4/4
HM: Tetsuya Endo vs Andrew Everett, DDT Coming to Philadelphia 4/4

HM: Masha Slamovich vs Syuri, GCW/JCW vs The World, 4/4

HM Arisu Endo & Suzume vs Zara Zakher & Yuki Aino, TJPW Live in Philly 4/5
HM: Maki Itoh & Miyu Yamashita vs Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi, TJPW Live in Philly 4/5

had a really great time live at DEFY, DDT, GCW/JCW vs the World, and TJPW this weekend. i'm picky so nothing from DEFY made the cut but I loved getting to see original CCK in action - with all of Lykos's injuries I never got the chance pre-covid when I was doing lots of travel for wrestling. plus kenta/gringo logo was like most of the way to a really good match, just kinda hit an inevitable ceiling for a slow-paced main event on a matinee show.

the masha/syuri match deserves to be here for the sheer balls of booking a 30 minute time limit draw at 1 in the loving morning. i was genuinely doing a :sickos: cackle down the home stretch of this match and it had some great sequences in it. jordan oliver vs aigle blanc barely missed the cut, definitely worth watching if you're tracking down vods from the collective

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto vs Shinya Aoki - DDT April Fool 4/7
HM: Zack Sabre Jr & Chris Brookes vs MAO & Yuki Ueno - DDT April Fool 4/7

awesome show! ZSJ/Brookes vs Mao/Ueno was a blast, but goddamn, I had to give Hashimoto vs Aoki a MOTY nod because it's absolutely a match I am going to be thinking about for the rest of the year

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 4 April 24th
HM: Yuma Aoyagi vs Shotaro Ashino
HM: Yuma Anzai vs SUWAMA

AJPW was right to invest heavily in guys named Yuma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

apophenium posted:

AJPW Champion Carnival Tag 10 - 5/6

HM
Seigo Tachibana (c) v. Dan Tamura
GAORA TV Title

this whipped rear end, i cannot believe after the longest build in the world this ended up being my favorite match of the tour lol. probably helps that a loud korakuen and actual production will always beat a bunch of single-cam muted-music no-comms house shows, night 10 was super fun in general