Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

MOTYC Bryan Danielson VS Kazuchika Okada, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 1.4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr vs Bryan Danielson, NJPW New Beginning in Osaka, February 11th

technical wrestling

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW The New Beginning February 11th
MOTYC
United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Francesco Akira, TJP, HENARE and Will Ospreay) vs War Dogs (Gabe Kidd, Drilla Moloney, David Finlay, Alex Coughlin and Clark Connors) - Steel Cage
- An fuckin insane spectacle, if you only tuned in for Zack and Bryan watch this poo poo as well. Drags quite a bit in the last ten minutes but the stuff before that was fantastic

Nthed

I saw...

I don't know what I saw.

Was that a match? Was that some sort post-ironic deconstruction of professional wrestling? Was that a shared hallucination brought on by seventeen concussions?

What the gently caress WAS that???

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Jeff Cobb vs. Yota Tsuji - New Japan Cup 3/10
Cobb was being as impossibly strong as ever, but Tsuji reminded everybody why people were talking about him being IWGP Champion on his first match back from excursion. drat good match that washed the bad taste of the previous match's House of Torture bullshit clear away.

Agree with HM, it was good and beefy

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

HM: Hirooki Goto vs SANADA, New Japan Cup semi-finals, March 18th

Every now and then we get Big Match Goto, and he's actually... really good! A good palette cleaner and a solid match overall.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hirooki Goto vs. Yota Tsuji in the New Japan Cup Final - New Japan Cup 3/20

An excellent ending to a very good match, helped by the fact that I was desperately pleading for both guys to somehow win and apparently so was the crowd!

Seconded! This was a very good match and contained everything I love about New Japan. That Goto-Maker and all the callbacks to Shibata were so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Zack Sabre Jr. (C) vs. Jeff Cobb for the IWGP World Television Title - NJPW Dontaku Night 1 5/3
Zack tries to match power with Cobb, which is a bad idea. Cobb tries to match technique with Zack, which is a bad idea. But goddamn if it wasn't a loving joy watching these two make the attempt, as also of course they proved why they're the masters of their own particular specialty.

Nth. Jeff Cobb and ZSJ are undoubtedly the best in the world at what they do.

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi (C) vs. Gabe Kidd for the NEVER Openweight Title - NJPW Dontaku Night 2 5/4
This was great, they just beat the poo poo out of each other and it played perfectly to Gabe's unhinged character.

The less said about the rest of the show the better :sigh:

Nth. In the promo package Gabe said that the NEVER belt represented real New Japan, the hard hitting strong style BEEF that Shingo called the collision of fighting spirit and that losers like EVIL had made it a joke. By god this was a return to that BEEF that made New Japan great.