Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Ittenyon '24 January 4th
MOTYC
Hyper Misao vs Shoko Nakajima - Daruma Deathmatch
- Art, outside of the ending which fell flat for me this was perfect

Maki Itoh vs Rina Yamashita
- Defied all expectations from ref Matsui getting bribed to Rina getting sliced up with a pizza cutter, wonderful stuff

Max the Impaler (c) vs Yuki Arai - International Princess Title
- Despite Max's best efforts Yuki Arai will not die

Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Masha Slamovitch - Princess of Princess Title
- Yo what a loving war to finish out the show, enjoyed this way more than I expected to

HM
Mizuki vs Nao Kakuta
Aja Kong vs Wakana Uehara
Daydream (Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe) vs Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) vs Ryo Mizunami and Yuki Aino - Vacant Princess Tag Titles

Yep, I believe the Teej will be just fine in this radical post-Yuka world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 January 4th
MOTYC
Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs El Desperado - IWGP Jr Title
Will Ospreay vs Jon Moxley vs David Finlay - Vacant IWGP Global Title
Kazuchika Okada vs Bryan Danielson
Sanada (c) vs Tetsuya Naito - IWGP World Title

HM
Zack Sabre Jr (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW World TV Title
Shingo Takagi (c) vs Tama Tonga - NEVER Openweight Title

Between this and TJPW today has been a very good day for wrestling

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jan 4, 2024

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW New Year's Dash January 5th
HM
TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr, Kosei Fujita, Shane Haste and Mikey Nicholls) vs Jon Moxley, Bryan Danielson, Kazuchika Okada and Tomohiro Ishii
- Got to love a mystery card

Also the UE vs War Dogs match was loving wild, check that one out

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Inspiration January 6th
MOTYC
Mizuki vs Rika Tatsumi vs Kamiyu vs Miu Watanabe vs Shoko Nakajima - #1 Contender Battle Royal
- Nobody does battle royals like TJPW does them. This was absolutely fantastic work by everyone involved, especially considering Maki Itoh got pulled on short notice and any plans involving her had to change right quick

HM
Pom Harajuku vs Kuishinbo Kamen
- The fuckin bits on display here :laffo:

Masha Slamovich vs Max the Impalers
- A true monster battle made all the more intense by Namba's increasingly frantic shouting for fans to get out of the way

What a fun little show, the Shinjuku FACE crowd were loving every minute of it

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 6, 2024

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
3rd January
AEW Dynamite
Darby Allin vs Konosuke Takeshita
Watch this here

Basically just Takeshita yeeting Allin around. Very entertaining & left me wishing Allin hadn't missed his true calling, being an enhancement talent on WCW Saturday Night, getting murdered by Scott Steiner.

Nth this, it's great to see Takeshita treating an American wrestler like YOSHIHIKO. Just a shame about the ads

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

Yeah, aren't you a VK user?

Yeah, the version forboy posted had PiP ads and I didn't care enough to go looking for a different version

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ganbare Pro Rosier January 6th
HM
Mizuki Watase and Soma Takao vs Taison Maeguchi and Yumehito Imanari
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252290?t=55m42s
- Absolutely wild, includes one of the dumber bumps i've seen Watase take

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Does Taiji Ishimori sponsor GanPro or the venue? Because seeing a Bone Soldier banner on the balcony Watase was dangling from confused me.

Probably just a fixture of the venue, a quick check shows it hanging proudly when GanPro last ran the venue in April 2023 (the show where MAO did a hurracanra off the top of that tractor wheel)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Battle in the Valley January 13th
MOTYC
Shingo Takagi vs Jon Moxley - No DQ
Kazuchika Okada vs WIll Ospreay

HM
Giulia (c) vs Trish Adora
Eddie Kingston (c) vs Gabe Kidd - NJPW STRONG Openweight Title

Eddie/Gabe would have hit MOTYC if the ending weren't poo poo, such fire between the two

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Quote is not edit

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
13th January
Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation Night 1
GHC Heavyweight Title
Kenoh(c) vs Go Shiozaki
Watch this here

This was fantastic. Obviously they've had better in the past, Go isn't what he was but Kenoh? Kenoh is. Kenoh IS NOAH you could almost say...Actually, you could literally say that if he wins, because if Go loses he loses the rights to his catchphrase too. Thanks for that genius extra stakes NOSAWA, because it was definitely needed.

Nth this, and also HM for Manabu Soya vs Ryohei Oiwa from the same show

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Max Heart Tag Tournament Night 1 January 20th
HM
Shinken Kusho (Juria Nagano and Moka Miyamoto) vs Miyu Yamashita and Toga

Main event was also pretty good, but was hampered by the crowd being subdued the whole show

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sareee-ISM Chapter III January 16th
MOTYC
Sareee vs Chihiro Hashimoto
https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252346?t=2h1m17s
- Watch this. Seriously, make the time

HM
Mio Momono and Riko Kawahata vs Tomoka Inaba and Asuza Inaba
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252346?t=22m31s

Takumi Iroha vs Miyuki Takase
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252346?t=56m47s

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Max Heart Tag Tournament Night 2 January 21st
HM
Idol 2 Idol (Yuki Arai and Wakana Uehara) vs Mizuki and Shino Suzuki
- This is the first time Shino has really impressed me during a match, the sleeper she got Wakana in near the end of the match looked fantastic

DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima)
- Four very good wrestlers have a very good wrestling match, the standard ehr was higher even if I was more invested in the previous match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Max Heart Tag Tournament Night 3 January 27th
HM
Hyper Misao vs Pom Harajuku
- I spent half this match thinking it had completely different rules than it did, and i'm okay with that.

Shinken Kusho (Moka Miyamoto and Juria Nagano) vs Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume)
- They tore my heart out of my chest, broke my back and made me humble

DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Idol 2 Idol (Yuki Arai and Wakana Uehara)
- Hell yeah, my favourite Wakana match and up there with the best of Arai

TJPW is good

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
24th January
NJPW Road To New Beginning Night 3
NEVER Openweight 6 Man Tag Team Titles
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii) & Hiroshi Tanahashi(c) vs TMDK (Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste)
Watch this here

A very emotional farewell to Okada from Korakuen. I still think CHAOS should have dropped the belts but having watched it I understand more why they went for the feeling good ending. and they really did Fujita a lot of good in defeat, this was his match.

MOTYC
24th January
NJPW Road To New Beginning Night 3
Ren Narita vs Shota Umino
Watch this here

That table spot was pretty nutty. Bless these lads. A match with some usual HoT garbage & it still gets MOTYC nod is high praise.

Yes to both of these. Even knowing the result for days I still popped off when Fuj nearly got the pin on Okada. HoT putting the boots to a completely motionless Shota was very funny, and the match never dragged for me despite breaking 30 minutes

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Sweet Dreams January 28th
MOTYC
KONOSUKE TAKESHITA vs Naruki Doi
- The two guys are pretty good at this wrestling thing

Yuki Ueno (c) vs Yukio Naya - KO-D Openweight Title
- Pretty much a foregone conclusion but I was entranced by Ueno's desperation at the end of the match

HM
Yukio Sakaguchi vs Hideki Okatani
- Was hoping for more here, but this was brutal for the short time it had

Schadenfreude International (Chris Brookes and Masahiro Takanashi) vs MAO and TAKA Michinoku
- What a lovely time, brought my mood back up after the emotions of the previous match

Kazuki Hirata (c) vs Shunma Katsumata - Toi Kojima Challenge Deathmatch for the DDT Extreme Title
- Hirata got to pull off some slick moves and we got to see Toi Kojima fail at basic tasks

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Giant Series January 27th
MOTYC
Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Shotaro Ashino - Triple Crown
- Continuing the trand of Nakajima's TC reign this was rad as gently caress, so happy Ashino is back in a featured role

HM
Shuji Ishikawa and Black Menso-re vs Ren Ayabe and Ryo Inoue
Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento MIyahara and Rising HAYATO) vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan and Seigo Tachibana
All Japan (Zennichi Shin Jidai (Yuma Aoyagi and Atsuki Aoyagi)) vs DDT (KONOSUKE TAKESHITA and Hideki Okatani)

Solid show, the Jr and Tag Title matches didn't do anything for me and the explosion match was as rough as I was expecting, but the rest of the card was very enjoyable

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Road to the New Beginning February 4th
MOTYC
HENARE vs Gabe Kidd
- If Gedo doesn't have big plans cooking for Gabe then I don't know what the gently caress, what a war

HM
David Finlay vs Callum Newman
- A hell of a squash

Catch 2/2 (Francesco Akira and TJP) (c) vs War Dogs (Drilla Moloney and Clark Connors) - IWGP Jr Tag Titles
- A very good wrestling match in front of a hot crowd that was let down by being a small part of a much larger puzzle

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Road to the New Beginning February 5th
HM
Just 5 Guys (Taichi, DOUKI, TAKA Michinoku, Sanada and Yuya Uemura) vs LIJ (Yota Tsuji, Hiromu Takahashi, BUSHI, Tetsuya Naito and Shingo Takagi) - Faction Warfare Gauntlet

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Max Heart Tag Tournament Night 4 February 10th
MOTYC
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) vs DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi
- Fantastic stuff, was all in by the end and giving all my prayers to Bee and Zebra

HM
Shino Suzuki vs Haru Kazeshiro
- The Korakuen crowd was well behind these two rookies, great stuff from two ladies less than a year into their careers

Yukiniki (Yuki Aino and Ryo Mizunami) vs Miyu Yamashita and Toga
- Deliciously meaty

As expected from a TJPW live show this was a great time, would be keen for more Zara Zakher after her looking great on debut

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Watch the main event too though it's loving rad

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW The New Beginning February 11th
MOTYC
Zack Sabre Jr vs Bryan Danielson
- It's crazy, you watch Danielson and he's a master grappler but put him against ZSJ and you realise that Zack is on a complete other level, just ungody smooth transitions from the long mover

United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Francesco Akira, TJP, HENARE and Will Ospreay) vs War Dogs (Gabe Kidd, Drilla Moloney, David Finlay, Alex Coughlin and Clark Connors) - Steel Cage
- An fuckin insane spectacle, if you only tuned in for Zack and Bryan watch this poo poo as well. Drags quite a bit in the last ten minutes but the stuff before that was fantastic

HM
Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
- Far from their best match but no less emotional, it really hit me after the bell that a rivalry that has been going my entire time watching New Japan is over

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Fantasticamania February 12th
HM
Stigma, El Desperado, Brilante Jr and Rysuke Taguchi vs. L.I.J (Titán, Tetsuya Naito, and Bushi) and Kamaitachi
- Good clean fun

A very breezy show but this is the only one that stood out for me

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Nippon TV Produce ~ 70 Years Of Pro-Wrestling Broadcast ~ February 9th
MOTYC
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Yuma Anzai
- More of this and less humiliation for loser Kaito please
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252495?t=2h15m52s

WAVE Valentine Wave February 2nd
MOTYC
Yuki Miyazaki (c) vs Haruka Umesaki - Regina Di WAVE Title
- Great stuff, had seen a bit of Umesaki before but wasn't familiar with Miyazaki and was very pleasantly surprised
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252503?t=1h39m41s

JTO Girls Tournament 2024 January 13th
HM
Aoi vs Misa Kagura
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252510?t=33m07s

Tomoka Inaba vs Sumika Yanagawa
https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252510?t=57m08s

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT presents 37KAMIINA Produce Sauna Over Flowers 3 ~ Revitalise to you ~ February 14th
MOTYC
MAO vs Chris Brookes - ~ Mao Inoue’s Sauna Room ~ Ring-Out 3-Count Match
- Add another to the tally for weird stipulation matches that somehow pull together and work incredibly well. The rules are pretty simple, if you're outside the ring without both feet touching the floor then Ref Matsui will count you out as if you're being pinned. Also there's no ropes to make it easier to throw your opponent out. Make the time to see this, it's only 15 minutes and well worth it.
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252539?t=1h11m20s

NOAH Limit Break.1 ~ Starting Over ~ February 15th
HM
Daisuke Sekimoto vs Kazushi Sakuraba - No Pinfalls
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252533?t=44m09s

Ganbare☆Joshi Emerald Dragon February 12th
HM
YuuRI vs Mio Momono
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252528?t=54m03s

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW/CMLL Fantasticamania February 18th
MOTYC
Templario vs Soberano Jr
- Match so good it had me checking out how much a Templario mask would set me back, fantastic stuff

HM
Brillante Jr vs Titán
Volador Jr vs Rocky Romero

Best night of the tour

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Dark Panther vs. OKUMURA - NJPW/CMLL Fantasticamania 2/19
HM: Atlantis Jr. vs. Hechicero - NJPW/CMLL Fantasticamania 2/19
HM: Mistico vs. Último Guerrero - NJPW/CMLL Fantasticamania 2/19
HM: Máscara Dorada vs. Stuka Jr. - NJPW/CMLL Fantasticamania 2/19

drat good final night, my match of the night was probably Atlantis Jr. vs. Hechicero but every match was a blast, including the fun multimans.

Nth these, very good stuff

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

HM
20th February
All Japan Excite Series Night 1
Atsuki Aoyagi & Yuma Aoyagi vs Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO
Watch this here

MOTYC
20th February
All Japan Excite Series Night 1
PWF Junior Heavyweight Title
Dan Tamura(c) vs Fuminori Abe
Watch this here

Man, this ripped. I had to tap out before the main event because I'm tired, but yeah, these 2 matches slap.

Nth these two, and also from the same show

HM
SUWAMA vs Hideki Suzuki
Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Jun Saito - Triple Crown

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ganbare Pro Desire February 23rd
HM
Shuichiro Katsumura (c) vs Takuya Wada - Spirit of Ganbare Openweight Title
- Some really good action here that went about 5 minutes too long

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo February 24th
MOTYC
Hiromu Takahashi vs DOUKI
- Sicko poo poo with crowd favourite Douki going up against the most popular junior in the world

Shingo Takagi vs Taichi
- Shingo and Taichi do the Shingo and Taichi match, but this time in front of Taichi's hometown crowd. It ruled

HM
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI, Toru Yano, Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii) vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Great O-Khan, Callum Newman and Francesco Akira) and Matt Riddle
- Literally every part of the match that didn't involve Riddle I greatly enjoyed, not the match I would have chosen for Okada's last but very happy with the match we got

Tetsuya Naito (c) vs SANADA - IWGP World Heabyweight Title
- Some great parts and the crowd were well behind Naito, something just felt really off about the last five minutes or so with a couple of incredibly deflating botches

Solid show, only down parts were the HoT match and being personally disappointed by the Hair vs Hair match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How do I watch the rev pro match please and thank you

https://vk.com/video-154481559_456246122

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh fair enough, I hadn't seen a link to the post produced version so just posted what I found

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Into the Fight February 25th
HM
MAO (c) vs Hikaru Machida - DDT Universal Title
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Yuki Ueno) and Kaisei Takechi vs Hideki Okatani, Takeshi Masada and Tetsuya Endo

Rest of the show was whatever but these two are well worth checking out, the Mao match was trending MOTYC for me before it ended so abruptly

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Excite Series February 23rd
MOTYC
New Period (Ryuki Honda and Yuma Anzai) vs SUWAMA and Hideki Suzuki

HM
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Hokuto Omori
Minoru Suzuki vs Hikaru Sato

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Excite Series February 25th
HM
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Ren Ayabe
Fuminori Abe, Hikaru Sato, Rising HAYATO and Seiki Yoshioka vs Dan Tamura, Naruki Doi, Ryo Inoue and "brother" YASSHI
Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara and Yuma Aoyagi) vs Hideki Suzuki and SUWAMA - Vacant AJPW Tag Titles

Nakajima continues to rule in All Japan, that match with Ayabe was as good as a foregone conclusion could be

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Also the match on the 25th was against Ren Ayabe, not Inoue

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Live Tour March 3rd
HM
Haru Kazashiro vs Rika Tatsumi
- Haru's best match in the year she's been active, crowd really got behind her against that monster Rika

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AEW Revolution March 3rd
MOTYC
Will Ospreay vs Konosuke Takeshita
- Fantastic stuff, my favourite Ospreay match since Umino and the best i've seen from Takeshita since he held the KO-D
- https://vk.com/video-176318307_456239409

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ZERO1 Noto Hanto Earthquake Disaster Charity ~ Keep On Running!! ~ February 23rd
HM
Masato Tanaka vs Atsushi Kotoge
- Yes, this is the same Masato Tanaka from ECW in the 90s. No, I don't understand how he's still active either. Neat little match, have always enjoyed Kotoge when he doesn't have to carry the match
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456252619?t=1h30m55s