Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Artelier posted:

Haven't been able to watch wrestling consistently in a while but I had to see two of my favourite guys go at it.

Nth. Incredible match, I loved it, but also, it's somehow disappointing to me? Like of the few matches I've seen this year it's the best for sure, I greatly enjoyed it, I would recommend it to everyone, it had a real big match feel, I would rate it five stars, and also, somehow, I kind of expected it to be better.

The nth still stands though! Just that I hold these two in such high regard that merely "best match of the year so far" feels like they're not doing as good as I feel like they should.

Kaveman posted:

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 1/4
Really really loved this but felt cut short to me. This is just my expectations but I was wanting a 40 min-hour Tokyo dome clinic but this brought it down imo as I was just getting really into it and then it was over. I preferred the AEW match. Hopefully they run it again at ALL IN.

I kinda feel the same way about the match (official nom for HM, BTW) - it was great, yes, and I even liked it a little more than the FD contest. But I was really surprised by the finish, it felt like they could've gone another ten minutes no problem. Maybe they're saving something for a rubber match, I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: FTR & Daniel Garcia vs. House of Black - AEW Collision 1/13

Captain Foo posted:

MOTYC: Big Bill and Ricky Starks (c) vs Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara, AEW Tag Team Championship Street Fight, Battle of the Belts IX, 1/13

Pylons posted:

HM: JD Drake vs. 'Hangman' Adam Page

nth, though the street fight is an HM for me

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
AEW Battle of the Belts IX (January 13th)

HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Preston Vance

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Answers Me posted:

They really painted themselves into a corner with that show name huh. Should have called it Some Wrestling Matches

and get Earl Sweatshirt to compose the theme

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
ROH on Honor Club (January 18th)

HM: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Bryan Keith
HM: Kyle Fletcher vs. Cristopher Daniels
HM: Action Andretti vs. El Hijo del Vikingo

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Edward Mass posted:

MOTYC: Josh Alexander vs. Will Ospreay, TNA Impact 1/18

big nth, I almost never watch TNA but I'm glad I went out of my way to see this one

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

MassRafTer posted:

This is incredible.

https://twitter.com/GIFSkullX/status/1754694967379832845

WWE Raw 2/5
WMOTYC: Akira Tozawa and Maxxine Dupri vs. Ivar and Valhalla

Thank you to the nice person who requested I watch this.

finally this generation has its JBL/Trish vs. Nowinski/Gayda

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

The Taxman posted:

WMOTYC - Deonna Purazzo v Madison Rayne - AEW Dynamite 2/21

This match was atrocious, slow, cold, and unenjoyable. Also likely contained an injury. The worst in AEW/RoH in as long as I can remember

2nd, that was shockingly bad

I know talent was thin on this episode but Deonna would've easily had a better match with a local jobber

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Edward Mass posted:

I don't know how Rayne is a a trainer, but this raises a good question - why was Madison Rayne in this match, anyway? They've got countless women on the roster.

last night was supposedly a total mess when it came to talent availability, injuries and travel issues really restricted TK's options (though he should still take his share of the blame for going with the worst choice possible)

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Pylons posted:

ROH Honor Club 2/22

HM: Billie Starkz vs. Robyn Renegade
HM: Athena(c) vs. Nyla Rose, ROH Women's Championship, 2/3 falls tables match

just these two for me, but seriously, everyone find a couple hours to watch ROH this week

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Jeff Cobb vs. Yota Tsuji - New Japan Cup 3/10
Cobb was being as impossibly strong as ever, but Tsuji reminded everybody why people were talking about him being IWGP Champion on his first match back from excursion. drat good match that washed the bad taste of the previous match's House of Torture bullshit clear away.

nth, just short of MOTYC for me

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 3/9

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Shane Taylor

nth, I think this match only needs one more vote for year-end HM consideration

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 3/15

HM: Komander vs. Takeshita

Crowd was totally indifferent to Komander when he made his entrance but he totally turns them around over the course of the match. Well worth watching, especially the back half.

nth, I said as much in the thread but it's been delightful watching Komander develop into a dependable singles guy (and Soup Boy is of course fantastic)

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerusalem posted:

I'll give HMs to Athena vs. Shida and Briscoe vs. Kingston. Dug both, especially the main event. Starkz and Aminata was real good but I really disliked the neck injury angle and Fletcher/Johnson was a good reminder of the old ROH DVD days where a match would be great and hit a perfect ending point... and then go on another 5-10 minutes.

this is where I'm at, nth those two HM noms

also nth the WM nom for Johnny/Dalton, woof

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

KungFu Grip posted:

went long, wasnt sure if it wanted to be a comedy match or a plunder match, and the comedy was bad

also five minutes of interpretive dance from Paul Walter Hauser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'm a little surprised at the lack of love for Jay/Rocky (which I'll give an HM btw), I thought it was a really well executed TV match with an exceptional ending sequence