Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

the 3 MOTYC off the top of my head from 4/1/2024

Stardom: Mayu Iwatani (c) vs Syuri for the IWGP women's title. Maybe match of the day. Brutal as gently caress, built to an insane crescendo

Stardom: Suzu Suzuki and Giulia vs Maika and Megan Bayne. Insanely great tag. Megan Bayne is getting so much out of her time in Stardom.

NJPW: Danielson vs Okada. Actually had me believing Danielson might win this. Somewhat abrupt ending but fantastic action all the way through.

Have to give a few matches a rewatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Adding 2 more MOTYC

Wrestle Kingdom 4/1: Will Ospreay vs. Jon Moxley vs. David Finlay

AEW Dynamite 3/1: Darby Allin vs. Konosuke Takeshita

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

16.1.2024 Sareeeism 3

MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto vs Sareee

Better than Syuri/Mayu in my opinion and my current favourite match of the year

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom Supreme Fight 2/4

MOTYC: Mei Seira (c) vs Hazuki for the High Speed Championship
MOTYC: Saori Anou (c) vs Starlight Kid for the Wonder of Stardom Championship
MOTYC: Maika (c) vs Saya Kamitani for the World of Stardom Championship
HM: AZM, Utami Hayashishita, Nanae Takahashi and Mayu Iwatani vs Giulia, Suzu Suzuki, MIRAI and Syuri

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 5, 2024

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

It doesn't need it but throwing in my own MOTYC nomination for Gabe Kidd vs. Henare at NJPW Road to New Beginning. What an incredible match, and further proof that Gabe Kidd should be the current Bullet Club leader.

This is NXT, right?

What are the titles here, please?

Titles added

From top to bottom:
High Speed Championship
Wonder of Stardom Championship
World of Stardom Championship

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Aesculus posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr vs Bryan Danielson, NJPW New Beginning in Osaka, February 11th

technical wrestling

nth. One of the greatest matches I've ever seen. Can't think of one off the top of my head I enjoyed as much

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

Sorry, which was it?

Saori Anou

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW/CMLL Fantasticamania February 18th
MOTYC
Templario vs Soberano Jr
- Match so good it had me checking out how much a Templario mask would set me back, fantastic stuff

HM
Brillante Jr vs Titán
Volador Jr vs Rocky Romero

Best night of the tour

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Stardom Cinderella tournament night 1 9/3/2024

HM : Hanan v Hanako

Motyc : Saori anou/natsupoi v sareee/chiriro hashimoto

I have some motyc from today's show but I'll give it a few days because it spoils the winners of night 1. Needless to say stardom cooking

Nth

Stardom Cinderella round 2 10/3/24

Motyc: Suzu Suzuki v starlight kid .

Motyc : Hanan v Mirai - legitimately this is the best Cinderella match I've ever seen. Absolute war between those two

nth to these

Also nominating for MOTYC from BIG BUSINESS

The Elite vs Eddie, Pac and Penta

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Stardom Cinderella Finals March 20

MOTY: Maika vs. Utami Hayashishida
HM: Hanan vs. Ami Sourei

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom ASGQ 27/4/24

MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani v Sareee. This one is an easy nomination. They literally beat the poo poo out of each other. Pretty much the perfect way of doing a "dream match" where it did suffer from a lack of build but the wrestlers are just so insanely awesome that they could drag all the heat into the match.

MOTYC: Saori Anou v Hanan. This had every right to struggle. Saori at times leaves me very cold when she is on top and she can pace matches in a way that drags. Hanan is a 19 year old in her biggest ever match. They had to follow Iwatani v Sareee but they smashed it out the park. It was actually my motn. I think my investment in Hanan through the Cinderella and up to this match probably plays a role in my fondness for this match but they delivered big time.

HM: Maika v Momo Watanabe: This was a really good match but it was let down by the second fall I thought making it fall just a bit short of the other big title matches. I was also really invested in Momo through the first half of the year. Maika continues being a strong champion.

HM: Crazy Star v FWC v 02 line v SLK/Ruaka : A crazy high speed tag team match. Its probably the easiest recommendation because its just bonkers.

Nth to these ones. Mayu/sareee was slightly better than Mayu/Syuri but didn't quite reach Hashimoto/sareee imo. Still an absolutely unbelievable match.