Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Aesculus posted:

MOTYC Bryan Danielson VS Kazuchika Okada, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 1.4

Nthing.

I know what Bryan Danielson's favorite Okada match is, it's from February 2017 against Suzuki. I remember him raving about how much he loved it. He decided to do his version of that match. That match, back in 2017, got 4.75 stars from Meltzer, it was exceptionally good. This match blew that one out of the water. Unreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
5th January
CMLL Super Viernes
Best 2 out of 3 Falls
Mascara Dorada vs Templario
Watch this here

Fantastic wrestling. First fall a bit sloppy but once they get going it gets going. Probably going to get a lot more attention than CMLL usually get because it got the ***** in the Observer (I think the first ever ***** for CMLL from Meltzer?), & while I'm not quite that high on it I do think it's a terrific showcase for Dorada & as good an excuse as any to catch some CMLL. Final fall is pretty terrific all told. You can see why the company are getting behind this dude like this. And you can see why people are high on CMLL as one of the best promotions in the world right now (if not the very best of 2023 according to many). And Templario deserves a nod too, terrific base here.

Seconding this. Dorada's going to be a big star and Templario is goddamn fantastic.

Also Rocky and Volador got ***** last year in CMLL, so this isn't the first one.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Aesculus posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr vs Bryan Danielson, NJPW New Beginning in Osaka, February 11th

technical wrestling

Nth, please make this a best of infinity series until the end of time

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

MOTYC Revolution Pro High Stakes (18/02): Michael Oku (c) vs Will Ospreay for the Undisputed British Heavyweight Title

If you remember how much people gushed about their match two years ago, this match surpassed it in every way. Oku is a lot more mature as a performer. Amira is legit a top 5 manager/valet. Ospreay is one of the best wrestlers of the 21st century. RevPro's technical production still isn't the best but they really made this feel like a Big Fight with how both wrestlers were presented. Combine that with a white-hot crowd that refused to calm down for even a second. I thought it might be "seeing it live" bias so I watched the VOD and it was just as good.

Nthing this. I was watching it and thinking to myself "Why did Dave give this 6 stars? It's a good Ospreay match." and then they hit that top gear and holy poo poo this was fantastic. This is going to be the match to beat for MOTY for the rest of the year.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Sammy Guevara - AEW Collision 2/24
For what could have easily been a no-dq spotfest, this was timed and paced fantastically. Plus they almost killed a small child!

Nthing this too, haven't finished Collision, I usually hate weapons matches and stupid high dives but this was so creative and fun and both guys looked awesome coming out of it. A PPV quality match on TV.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 3/16

MOTY: Bryan Danielson vs. Katsuyori Shibata

JESUS CHRIST THIS loving RULED

Nth, absolutely incredible. I don't know if it's possible for Shibata to have a better match than this post brain removal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Defenestrategy posted:

HM: "The Learning Tree" Chris Jericho vs "The Wrestler" Katsuyori Shibata - FTW Rules Match

That son of a bitch Jericho has done it again.

HM from me. I loved this match. Everyone (wrestlers, commentary, Aubrey, the crowd) was having so much fun and Jericho's chest turned colors I didn't know the human body could turn.