Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

Imagine being a caster and having to find a way to produce something entertaining out of these first 2 games.

two huge stinkers, thankfully double support's gone come next patch at least

also, don't forget that LCS is starting up today; schedule is here for your own timezone. please consider showing up to support god's first and only region even if you're fallen off the watch wagon in the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

njsykora posted:

Imagine being a caster and having to find a way to produce something entertaining out of these first 2 games.

Jamada legit sounded like he couldn't even be bothered at some points in the second match, though I think he's off-site (?) so that should be the grain of salt, but goddamn, what a pair of games.

The games were so exciting that the most significant thing I've taken from this gameday is that Secret Labs decided to bring back the orgasmic moan for their ad that annoyed me a whole lot.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Didn't mean to poo poo on the casters too hard, I genuinely don't know what else I would have done with that last match on my hands.

/edit:

njsykora posted:

Fans of incredibly loud crowds will probably enjoy LEC game 3 today being Mad Lions vs G2.

Not quite impressed so far :colbert:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Didn't mean to poo poo on the casters too hard, I genuinely don't know what else I would have done with that last match on my hands.

i think they tried their best, but there's only so blood you can squeeze from a stone

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Let's go MDK

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

MURDER. DEATH. KILL.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

2-2 would be quite the inauspicious start gamers 2, and frankly, even if they come back, the fact that they keep bungling the early game is an atrocious habit to have

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vermain posted:

2-2 would be quite the inauspicious start gamers 2, and frankly, even if they come back, the fact that they keep bungling the early game is an atrocious habit to have

They've been like this for a few years though, early game doesn't matter because we can hand check them in the midgame.

E: Yeah exactly like they're doing now.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 20, 2024

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Duzzy Funlop posted:

MURDER. DEATH. KILL.

the 1997 MDK game and its sequel MDK2 were cool as hell. This team, eh

https://store.steampowered.com/app/38450/MDK/

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

isaboo posted:

the 1997 MDK game and its sequel MDK2 were cool as hell. This team, eh

https://store.steampowered.com/app/38450/MDK/

Glad I'm not the only one to remember the OG title

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Catching up on LCK and current favourite things are casters having no idea what Hwei's abilities are called because there's too many so becoming like fighting game commentary saying "Hwei with the EW into the WW QW" and that GenG in the off season recruited Canyon and Lehends so it's like this terrifying combination of Damwon and Griffin that are currently stomping everyone when they kept the core of Chovy, Kiin and Peyz.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lid posted:

Catching up on LCK and current favourite things are casters having no idea what Hwei's abilities are called because there's too many so becoming like fighting game commentary saying "Hwei with the EW into the WW QW" and that GenG in the off season recruited Canyon and Lehends so it's like this terrifying combination of Damwon and Griffin that are currently stomping everyone when they kept the core of Chovy, Kiin and Peyz.

people made a big ado about hwei being the new 200 years but he's honestly just an AoE vacuum mage ala orianna, as long as you avoid his big grab he's about the same as the rest of them

i am glad to see NS playing better this season but it's really starting to get depressing how categorically bad BRO is. even the meme stocks can't seem to save them this time around

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jesus they REALLY threw in some effort glowing up the production, i'm loving the new studio design

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bo with an early contender for worst smite of the year. I could've stolen that.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

drat this first LCS game is actually delivering, TL showing an unusually strong level of coordination

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Also loving the new studio.

Someone remind me - what happened to Zven?
Wasn't he considering swapping roles? Is he just taking this split off or did all the teams pass him over?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

isaboo posted:

Also loving the new studio.

Someone remind me - what happened to Zven?
Wasn't he considering swapping roles? Is he just taking this split off or did all the teams pass him over?

looks like he didn't get any offers so he's just streaming/private coaching for now

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Having the same name as part of the map should be illegal.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Well darn. I hope he at least shows up with the analysts, he's a good personality and I enjoy his insight.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

my god this is a bloody game, i'm loving all this aggression

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Almost made it out, Impact

Lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hell yeah sniper!!! good first game

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Impact is my favorite player ever but good on ya, Sniper and 100T

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Looking forward to the first Huhi-cam shot of the season

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

isaboo posted:

Looking forward to the first Huhi-cam shot of the season

sadly he's on milio, and there's not a ton of big popoff moments for that champ

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Let's go MDK

lol i knew the acronym seemed familiar

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
poppy shits on that team, jatt is being stupid

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

henkman posted:

poppy shits on that team, jatt is being stupid

i think his major concern is a lack of solid engage, but you might not need it with double support and two hypertanks choking people out of objectives

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

man what a monster loving play out of turtle, seriously impressive seeing him continue to play ADC at a strong level given his age

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

His plays feel like he knows EXACTLY how hard he can push his Lucian

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
you gotta love turtle, he has really settled into being the new gatekeeper of lcs botlane

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Calax posted:

His plays feel like he knows EXACTLY how hard he can push his Lucian

he's one of those champs where you really gotta know your limits and understand your openings or else you'll get smushed, and 14 years of playing helps that out a lot

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Teleport onto insanity's (zac's) blobs is something I'd never have considered to keep him alive...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Calax posted:

Teleport onto insanity's (zac's) blobs is something I'd never have considered to keep him alive...

it's a reasonably common high level tactic, but it's rarer these days with how little zac gets picked

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

turns out that you gotta be a wee bit careful diving onto a triple shield comp

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Vermain posted:

turns out that you gotta be a wee bit careful diving onto a triple shield comp

Especially when you let fly as the rest of your team goes the other way

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
God drat this KT vs DK is the biggest gg top diff

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

el dingo posted:

God drat this KT vs DK is the biggest gg top diff

perfect got his poo poo shoved in game 2 but really turned it on game 3. honestly kinda weird seeing kingen getting his slobber knocked that badly considering his pedigree, but the LCK newbloods are starting to show up way more in recent games

also eagerly praying for corki to get nerfed in 14.2, i cannot stand another season of this boring loving mid poo poo rearing its head again

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Well that was a beatdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Vermain posted:

perfect got his poo poo shoved in game 2 but really turned it on game 3. honestly kinda weird seeing kingen getting his slobber knocked that badly considering his pedigree, but the LCK newbloods are starting to show up way more in recent games

also eagerly praying for corki to get nerfed in 14.2, i cannot stand another season of this boring loving mid poo poo rearing its head again

Tbh I posted that when perfect was like 0/6/0 and dude kept his chill, managed to regroup and contribute a fair bit to the eventual win