Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Vermain posted:

the answer will unfortunately be "no" since the budget rosters are still mostly coasting on old, cheap names that can be quickly assembled into a frankenstein's monster. i do think NRG has a decent shot internationally if they stay the course and improve on what they did last year, and C9 has a solid on paper roster that might be able to do something come MSI

We get this hopium every year. The truth is that LCK and LPL are so much better than LEC and LCS that the West will get obliterated like they did last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Love the post game interview where Mikyx says G2 is so much better at macro than any other team in LEC that they can screw around early game and it doesn't matter.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

So LCS is dying and LEC is next. I guess I can see where all this is going.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

berenzen posted:

I know there's a billion other things to ban against t1, but it's starting to feel like you just gotta ban the zeus aatrox.

Or you know, just don't pick k'sante into zeus aatrox

I think Zeus wins either side of the K'Sante <-> Aatrox matchup

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

njsykora posted:

LCK teams really need to stop picking Smolder, everyone's figured out that he can't do anything for the first 10-15 minutes and just hard camps him.

E: OK this might be the funniest thing I've seen in pro League in some time.
https://clips.twitch.tv/BlushingInexpensiveDiamond4Head-ibVcuh0N-SzwF3cu

Smolder is a lesser sin compared to giving T1 Senna. Not banning Senna against Guma just just means they already know they're going to lose.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

curiousCat posted:

didn't it just lose this week? to smolder?

It did, in a game between the two LCK bottom feeders. My comment was specific to Guma, since he's very good at Senna, and it gives Keria a chance to play a carry himself at the same time.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

el dingo posted:

Zeus gets 4v1 dove, immediately TPs back thinking surely they will not just dive me again

Especially when they never left lol

Seems like T1 gave ESP a lot more respect in that series than they deserved.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

The good news is that this is double elimination, so after they get obliterated in the first round, they get to play each other.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

This is just not a fair fight.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

TL just completely uncompetitive.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Western casters are adorable. "Look at the play FNC made, now they're only down 8k gold!"

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

holy hell k'sante needs a nerf

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Oner has been loving useless all of MSI, he's gonna be the next guy exiled to LCS.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

just utterly shameful, there's no walking this back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

T1 gave TL far too much respect the entire series, and now T1 fans will be on their asses the rest of the season.