Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

panko posted:

I hope this finale doesn’t start an arms race for prop gags onstage, really the only thing I want to see get smashed onstage is a queen’s tuck off of a jumping split

Right?! I know it rigs it for younger, more flexible queens, but dangit, I'm sick of the shapeless fat suits to a reveal of skimpier numbers, hair cutting, or streamers and glitter outta nowhere.

Just LIPSYNC.

I'm sad, sorta, at the UKvtW finale. Tia Kofi would've been my 2nd and Marina first. She -so- won her lipsync against Hannah, they just wanted to let Tia win. I called it though.

As for RPDR S16... Gollom said it best. The rules are made up and the points don't matter. Morphine's was legit a family resemblance and the stumble wasn't hers, it was her partner. Q's didn't even look like enough of a family resemblance to knock Morphine out. It should have been Sapphira v. Q to knock Q out of the running. Still, it gave another great lip sync. Sapphira winning it though? Sus. Very sus. Does track record matter to Ru when judging a lipsync then, or doesn't it?

Bah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Track record matters but only for potential finalists

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Haven't had time to stay up to date with UKvTW2 apart from knowing the results. Just learning that we finally got Anastacia for a lip sync. Bout drat time.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Q went from one of my favorites with her talent show, and incredible outfits to my least favorite out of the Top 5. Some of her outfits are incredible, but it feels like she's done a "flashy coat with incredibly boring corset, bikini top, bikini bottom" look so many times, and it looks bad every time. And her partner's looks was 99% clowning 1% drag.

Plane or Nymphia deserves the season win, Sapphira deserves to take over for Ru as the face of Drag Race.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Plane or Nymphia deserves the season win, Sapphira deserves to take over for Ru as the face of Drag Race.

Not enough energy. It's weird watching other seasons to see how queens do as judges.

S: Pangina
A: Nicky Doll, Valentina
B: Lolita Banana, Manila
C: Brooklyn Hites
D: Rita Baga
F: Jiggly

Dream team rpdr judges are Asia Ohara and Alaska.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

With the season nearing the end, it's interesting going back to promo videos and seeing what lines up with what we saw.

This one where they choose queens who are most likely to X, everything mostly checks out. Only miss is how the queens thought Xunami would have the catchphrase of the season. I don't think this season really has a catchphrase so much as a few meme moments, but the closest would be Dawn's "Can I be honest?" or the way Plane says "sisterrrr"

The thing that did stick out to me, though, was multiple queens being named as future LSAs: Morphine, Mhi'ya, and Mirage. Considering the contrast with what we've seen so far and the tea about the reunion, I'm very excited about what that could mean for the last one.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Am I the only one who thought Plane did an absolutely terrible job on contouring Lazi? Like I would've put her in third for the paint job

e: I honestly didn't want to like Q's look, but... I did

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
What's the tea about the reunion? I think I missed that

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Can we talk about that tucking lesson Nymphia and Morphine held? I'm not familiar with the mechanics of tucking, but I feel like that's not how it's done. Especially Nymphia's technique, that's some next-level courtesan poo poo

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
What nymphia described is what I found looking up how to tuck back around season 2 or 3

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Like I said, I don't know how it works. I watched Pit Stop and Trixie described it as "Nymphia pulverized her genitals."

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Their descriptions were both truly insane. It almost feels like Nymphia just described it extremely poorly, but Morphine :wtc:

Spoilering this just in case someone doesn’t want to read about it.
It’s really not too difficult to grasp once you understand that there is room literally up inside your body for balls. After that it’s just containing and taping the remaining under and back. But I can definitely understand that drag performance tucking “needs” to be perfect so they may find ways to go the extra mile.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I remember talking to one of the guards at work about tucking one night at drag queen bingo and this dude who is as straight as John Wayne riding a horse goes 'oh yeah I know how it works I did it once for a bet and it felt bizzare'

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I would be afraid that I'd never get them back lol

I'm on my phone and can't upload the screenshot but apparently season 17 is going to go live instead of recorded. Is this old news and I just missed it somewhere in this thread? Just in case I didn't miss it, the judges are going to be Michelle, Carson and Jinkx Monsoon

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 1, 2024

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Deus Ex Macklemore posted:

I would be afraid that I'd never get them back lol

I'm on my phone and can't upload the screenshot but apparently season 17 is going to go live instead of recorded. Is this old news and I just missed it somewhere in this thread? Just in case I didn't miss it, the judges are going to be Michelle, Carson and Jinkx Monsoon

Check the date... :)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

What's the tea about the reunion? I think I missed that

It was filmed before the season aired and features a lip sync tournament of the eliminated queens

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Pinwiz11 posted:

Check the date... :)

Well if we got fooled by the Internet here then so be it lol. It was posted last night, so I Guess I wasn't looking for any early April Fools jokes.

Oh well :D

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Apr 1, 2024

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Boo! I -knew- Marina Summers got the SwishSwish edit!! This video shows her performing what she really did for "I'm Outta Love" in the finale. They totally edited out the best parts.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7352021298437967110

Supposedly there's a side-by-side video on TikTok confirming this, but I couldn't find it again.

EDIT: Found it!

https://x.com/SpillTati/status/1773985096070316374?s=20

:sweatdrop:

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 2, 2024

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Is UK v The World 2 worth checking out? I was so disappointed by the first season in that All Stars rules ruined the season, and while I liked Blu, she was not a worthy winner. I've seen the spoilers of the season 2 winner, and while I thoroughly enjoyed them on their original season, I'm a little surprised they managed to pull it off.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

yeah it’s really good for a kumbaya season up until the clear riggamorris of the last episode

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

panko posted:

yeah it’s really good for a kumbaya season up until the clear riggamorris of the last episode

And even then, the performances were still a lot of fun.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I agree though am limply clutching my pearls at how much and how many prop gags were utilized by the weaker lipsyncers to eke out wins

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's worth watching just to see how amazing Marina Summers is

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Pan Dulce posted:

Boo! I -knew- Marina Summers got the SwishSwish edit!! This video shows her performing what she really did for "I'm Outta Love" in the finale. They totally edited out the best parts.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7352021298437967110

Supposedly there's a side-by-side video on TikTok confirming this, but I couldn't find it again.

EDIT: Found it!

https://x.com/SpillTati/status/1773985096070316374?s=20

:sweatdrop:

They just need to come up with a new way of integrating lip syncs. Having them matter/not matter based on who production wants to win is bad enough, but not showing really amazing lip syncs because of the larger narrative leaves such a bad taste in the mouth once you find out about it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Honestly, they could've kept her moves in and the decision would still be justified. Hannah did a better job of embodying the song. Stunts to an Anastacia song is almost like doing stunts to Aretha. It's not exactly Latrice vs Kenya, but maybe like Daya vs Jasmine. In the latter, Jasmine did a serviceable lip sync, but Daya connected with the song/artist better.

And if you're not familiar with Anastacia, well you're missing out. Despite not moving much, she just exudes charisma uniqueness nerve and talent with her voice and swagger.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

gandlethorpe posted:

Honestly, the could've kept her moves in and the decision would still be justified. Hannah did a better job of embodying the song

Nah Marina ate her up

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Rarity posted:

Nah Marina ate her up

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shorts?hQ0qVaSDxJU

People need to stop expecting to have personal interactions with famous people. Treat them like any other stranger. Just because you know who they are, it does not mean that you have a personal relationship.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Nihonniboku posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shorts?hQ0qVaSDxJU

People need to stop expecting to have personal interactions with famous people. Treat them like any other stranger. Just because you know who they are, it does not mean that you have a personal relationship.

Video unavailable

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Normy posted:

Video unavailable

Ah. Basically, in light of Trixxie raving about Morphine this season on The Pit Stop, fans resurfaced tweets from Morphine from back in 2020 where she was bashing Trixxie. She was pissed off that she went to DragCon to do some sponsored content or whatever, she saw Trixxie walk by and waved to her, and Trixxie didn't wave back. Then she was backstage and in the bathroom when Trixxie came in to use the toilet, and said hi to Trixxie, who didn't reply and simply closed the stall door.

So later when they were hosting an event together, Morphine was still pissed at Trixxie for how she "spurned" her at DragCon, so Morphine and her friends purposely iced Trixxie out when she tried to kiki with them.

Generally, this sort of stuff kind of bothers me, when people complain online about how they came across a famous person in public, then get upset when the famous person does not take the time to have a moment with them.

Here, Trixxie was at Drag Con where she was probably having people throw themselves at her all day to have their special moment, and she had to be on to probably an exhausting degree. So when she finally had 2 minutes to herself to just take a loving piss in private, she has another fan wanting their moment with her, and getting upset with her about it. Then when they were working a professional event together, and Trixxie showed an interested in talking with her now coworker, Morphine behaved like an rear end in a top hat to her.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Their descriptions were both truly insane. It almost feels like Nymphia just described it extremely poorly, but Morphine :wtc:

I have never tucked but understand (roughly) the mechanics of it. When Morphine busted out the packing tape I let out a yelp.

Did one of the dancers mention something about a tucking pad? Can you just pad the poo poo outta that area if you are tucking-hesitant?

Noise Machine fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 4, 2024

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

New preview just dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYp_B0LgsiI

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Nihonniboku posted:

Morphine/Trixie “drama”

Morphine did an interview with Entertainment Weekly a couple days ago and apologized.

In far more interesting news, Plane replaced Trixie on The Bald and the Beautiful while the latter is recovering from the pain and betrayal of the Morphine tweets.

https://youtu.be/Z5wnqlALePk?si=npAldxxXR34aVZdW

They talk about Drag Race, Dune 2, actually being Russian, Dune 2, Bimbo EDM, and Dune 2. Plane rules.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Morphine did an interview with Entertainment Weekly a couple days ago and apologized.

Thanks.

"I was planning on never addressing it unless it was something funny where she and I addressed it. Those tweets were from 2020, but the thing that happened was in 2018. I was stupid and young. It was one of those things where I didn’t know much of Trixie of how she was in person, until years later when she said that’s how she is and can come across as rude. ... My dumb rear end tweeted it in 2020, when we were all going through it that year, mentally. Let me tell my three followers and fans how I feel. I hate that it came up, but I absolutely love Trixie now. I’ve met her. She’s the sweetest person. ... That’s just how she is, and she’s not being rude. Those tweets are no longer what I feel, and Trixie, I’m so sorry girl. Let’s talk about it! I think it would be so funny if Trixie and I talk about it…. I don’t think she can un-mother me, I think that’s illegal."

https://ew.com/rupauls-drag-race-morphine-love-dion-elimination-interview-8622454

She also talks about what Mhiya's farts smell like, and that pit crew member whose member got erect during the bathroom challenge

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 5, 2024

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Noise Machine posted:

Did one of the dancers mention something about a tucking pad? Can you just pad the poo poo outta that area if you are tucking-hesitant?

Nymphia suggested the newbies use tucking pads. There are kits and clothing to flatten the groin area

Edit: Wow, this lip sync is a disappointment. These bitches canNOT dance.

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 6, 2024

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Surprised that we're going back to a top 3. So I guess the finale isn't gonna be a lipsync battle?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
This episode was brutal to Q. This season could be seen as the slow torture of Q and production’s attempts to break her because they’ve been absolutely ruthless towards her. I prefer the other three queens to her but still have compassion to how things played out.

I loved Ru in the photo shoots. She really felt like she knew what she was doing and it was a joy watching her volley with the queens. I hope they continue this line of challenge in future seasons where the deep, emotional talks/interviews are handled by someone else while Ru gets to act like a mentor to the queens to help them shine.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Noise Machine posted:

I have never tucked but understand (roughly) the mechanics of it. When Morphine busted out the packing tape I let out a yelp.

Willam has a video floating around out there showing how to tuck with tape; it's more like what Nymphia described with tape through the groin/crack to keep things in position so you're still going to have some potential ... ripping issues when un-tucking later. Willam used to sell tucking tape on his store, might still do? but if I remember correctly it's a specific type of clear duct tape-style tape that is used in marine applications so the adhesive stands up to water.

Alaska has mentioned previously that she will not put tape on her dick thank you, and prefers to just "mash it back there" and keep it in position with the pad/tucking panty technique. Probably not something that would work for a more dancerly queen... I believe Trinity the Tuck has demonstrated a mix of tape and tucking panty, and that's the more common practice for dancers.

Morphine's tape noose is a new take and I fear it.

Liked this week's episode, don't miss the tic tack lunches. Found it jarring in a way when Ru was art directing the photo shoots -- it was genuinely good direction! Ru is usually so hands-off, but the super model of the world clearly knows some poo poo.

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious

Nihonniboku posted:

Thanks.

"I was planning on never addressing it unless it was something funny where she and I addressed it. Those tweets were from 2020, but the thing that happened was in 2018. I was stupid and young. It was one of those things where I didn’t know much of Trixie of how she was in person, until years later when she said that’s how she is and can come across as rude. ... My dumb rear end tweeted it in 2020, when we were all going through it that year, mentally. Let me tell my three followers and fans how I feel. I hate that it came up, but I absolutely love Trixie now. I’ve met her. She’s the sweetest person. ... That’s just how she is, and she’s not being rude. Those tweets are no longer what I feel, and Trixie, I’m so sorry girl. Let’s talk about it! I think it would be so funny if Trixie and I talk about it…. I don’t think she can un-mother me, I think that’s illegal."

https://ew.com/rupauls-drag-race-morphine-love-dion-elimination-interview-8622454

She also talks about what Mhiya's farts smell like, and that pit crew member whose member got erect during the bathroom challenge

I have to say unrelated to anything else, your previous post where you kept spelling it Trixxie was very funny to me for some reason. Double XX Trixxie, down at the Snake Pit; if the whole drag media mogul thing doesn't work out.

I'm glad Morphine apologized and made up though, I quite liked her as the narrator for the season. Despite her early harshness towards Amanda, I thought she was otherwise pretty fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
I'm excited for the lip sync lalaparuza next week, praying to the drag gods that Mirage kicks rear end and wins $50,000