Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Bookish posted:

I'm excited for the lip sync lalaparuza next week, praying to the drag gods that Mirage kicks rear end and wins $50,000

Edit: reposting for good blessings

gandlethorpe posted:

With the season nearing the end, it's interesting going back to promo videos and seeing what lines up with what we saw.

This one where they choose queens who are most likely to X, everything mostly checks out. Only miss is how the queens thought Xunami would have the catchphrase of the season. I don't think this season really has a catchphrase so much as a few meme moments, but the closest would be Dawn's "Can I be honest?" or the way Plane says "sisterrrr"

The thing that did stick out to me, though, was multiple queens being named as future LSAs: Morphine, Mhi'ya, and Mirage. Considering the contrast with what we've seen so far and the tea about the reunion, I'm very excited about what that could mean for the last one.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Gollom posted:

I have to say unrelated to anything else, your previous post where you kept spelling it Trixxie was very funny to me for some reason. Double XX Trixxie, down at the Snake Pit; if the whole drag media mogul thing doesn't work out.

Loool. For some reason I thought she had an extra x in there. There is another Ru girl out there with an unnecessary double letter who I must have been thinking of.

Shocked at the Lalaparuza reveal at the end there.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

wow, what happened with Q? The look/dress was fine but compared to the level she was bringing since the beginning of the season it was a definite drop.

My wife commented that Plane Jane's breasts looked real. I said it was really nice for the producers to keep a plastic surgeon on hand for last minute implant surgery.

Thanks for the tucking info! I guess I'm just fixated on the idea of accidentally giving yourself testicular torsion but that's just part and parcel of the craft I guess.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I served with a guy who got the torsion and it wasn't pretty. They had to medevac him off the ship while we were deployed to Somalia and when he got back our division officer would only refer to him as "Big Balls Smith".

This was 91 and no, the ship didn't have a mixed crew.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Bookish posted:

I'm excited for the lip sync lalaparuza next week, praying to the drag gods that Mirage kicks rear end and wins $50,000

Didn't the queens say in pre-show-airing interviews that Morphine was a lip sync assassin, along with Morphine and Mhiya? I imagine she's going to do amazin in the Lalaparuza.

EDIT: Beaten soundly by gandelthorpe. :sweatdrop:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Deus Ex Macklemore posted:

I served with a guy who got the torsion and it wasn't pretty. They had to medevac him off the ship while we were deployed to Somalia and when he got back our division officer would only refer to him as "Big Balls Smith".

This was 91 and no, the ship didn't have a mixed crew.

Yeah, I know someone who got full disability because of his testicular torsion. Even after multiple surgeries, he was in immense pain and could not work. It's no joke.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

Noise Machine posted:

wow, what happened with Q? The look/dress was fine but compared to the level she was bringing since the beginning of the season it was a definite drop.

Thanks for the tucking info! I guess I'm just fixated on the idea of accidentally giving yourself testicular torsion but that's just part and parcel of the craft I guess.

Agreed on all. Had the same lasting thoughts and fears after watching lol

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Having external genitalia sounds like a nightmare. You can get an ovarian torsion, but that's usually the result of a cyst or something, and not from moving too fast in the wrong way

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Having external genitalia sounds like a nightmare. You can get an ovarian torsion, but that's usually the result of a cyst or something, and not from moving too fast in the wrong way

Yeah but there's also the trade off that we don't need to painfully shed lining every 28 days so, I think both end up getting the poo poo end of the stick in their own special ways.

Queer Grenadier posted:

Agreed on all. Had the same lasting thoughts and fears after watching lol

Part of me wonders if she just ran out of her A level outfits and had to reach towards the bottom of the barrel suitcase

Noise Machine fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 7, 2024

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

:canada: If you're a Cogeco or BellTV* customer the OutTV channel is in free preview this months. First time in ages I was able to watch Untucked.

*Rogers doesn't seem to have it, and the Telus website detected that I had an Ontario IP address and told me to freeze in the dark gently caress off.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Noise Machine posted:

Part of me wonders if she just ran out of her A level outfits and had to reach towards the bottom of the barrel suitcase

I think it was just a result of the challenge. It was very vague, and nobody got really whimsical with it except Nymphia's fan nails. I was a little disappointed no one got silly and used mechanical fans. Fan blades on the boobs, or a couple of little fans people use at their desks mounted on the shoulders to create their own wind, or something. Maybe I'm expecting too much, though.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I think it was just a result of the challenge. It was very vague, and nobody got really whimsical with it except Nymphia's fan nails. I was a little disappointed no one got silly and used mechanical fans. Fan blades on the boobs, or a couple of little fans people use at their desks mounted on the shoulders to create their own wind, or something. Maybe I'm expecting too much, though.

Amanda posted her look for this week and this was her concept.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Plane Jane looked exquisite, but she missed the perfect opportunity to actually do an aviation-themed runway.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

gandlethorpe posted:

Plane Jane looked exquisite, but she missed the perfect opportunity to actually do an aviation-themed runway.

Speaking of aviation runways,

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRTg8epN/

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Mini-preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRakGmeR-ww

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

The trombone sound for chocolate never gets old for me.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lol, the queens acting like they don't know what they're there for as if they weren't asked to prepare multiple lip syncs and bring an outfit

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
Don’t look at the comments on the lipsync lalaparuza video because some rear end in a top hat was posting a certain spoiler over and over. Why do some people have to be jerks!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I'm not a fan of Plane Jane, but I love that look

Edit: Plasma kind of impressed me. There's no winning against Morphine, so I didn't expect her to win, but I think she really put a lot of practice into her dancing between elimination and this.

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 13, 2024

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

This episode RULES

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
loving robbed. Not the right queen that won.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Oh my God, Megami, I'm dying with the hand puppet rapping! That's exactly what my strategy would be against Morphine: flail and clown around to take away attention and make Ru laugh. It's pretty much the only way to win against someone like Morphine, and even that's a long shot, as we just saw.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.

Pinwiz11 posted:

This episode RULES

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
Amazing, entertaining episode! My fave didn’t win but she did great and I’m happy for her :shobon:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Who needs a reunion? More of this, please.

Episode thoughts: I love that Miss "Protect Bad Drag" is the main character of the episode. Other things I loved:

- Dawn (likely) giving Amanda a free pass to the next round and a chance to show off some more. Besties forever!
- The music choices. A+
- Morphine winning and completing her arc. She's a star, and earned this.

Next week is going to be weird. If they filmed it like tonight it will work but it still would feel like a step down for no good reason.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

When Megami did the hand gesture mimicking Mhi'ya's split? It's over bitch

Morphine totally earned her win, though!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I told y'all Megami ruled. Also glad Mirage gave an impressive showing.

I wouldn't have chosen the winner, but she certainly earned it.

Plasma was low-key robbed though.

Edit: lmao, Megami picked the Janet song against Q because she knew Q wouldn't do her titty reveal to a song about domestic abuse :master:

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 13, 2024

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So about this episode, as THE resident Megami stan, I was loving screaming and clapping for joy when she beat Mhi’ya. Talk about a loving redemption. She ate this entire episode and while I thought Morphine did win the final lipsync, I could see a world where Megami won. I’m just so loving happy for her :allears:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Hell yeah the right queen won

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

That sound you hear is Megami's calendar being booked solid for the next calendar year

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Kudos to Megami for protecting bad drag when she could do good drag all along.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

It was nail-biting, some of those results. I could have seen it going either way in the Morphine/Mirage battle and the Plasma/Mh'iya battle (Xunami... bless your heart, the camera never went on you, you were so boring). But I'm not mad at who won.

Latinos everywhere, have joy in your heart! Besides Geneva (who already had an impressive lipsync record), Morphine, Mirage, and Megami were all stars.

<_< Xunami... she tried.

EDIT: I am apparently an idiot and can't remember my seasons and my skinny fashion plate POCs. Symone would never wear that and she won her lip syncs.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 13, 2024

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I cackled when Mirage said she didn't pick Plasma because she would pick "some dumbass song"

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Nothing to see here

Normy fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 13, 2024

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Normy posted:

Xunami?

poo poo, you're right! Editing as we speak.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Not that the finger split move wasn't killer, but I feel like there was a queen who did that before. I could've sworn it was Ginger in AS6, but I rewatched and hers was more attempting to do the other queen's move in a comical fashion. In my mind, I'm thinking the queen did the finger split in response to the other doing a real one, rather than timed impeccably.

Edit: Ah, found it, I think. Manila did it while she was getting slaughtered by Kylie to Dirrty, so it didn't really have much of an impact.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 13, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
"I can be stupider than Morphine"

Morphine: *shakes her rear end harder than a paint can*

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Bruno shaking his head along with Morphine's rear end with a goofy smile on his face will live in my head for a while

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
What sat in my head so long I had to make it was this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Eej posted:

What sat in my head so long I had to make it was this

This is the queer art Megami wanted to protect.