Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the megami redemption arc is real, she turned the gently caress out and looked great doing it, comedy lipsyncing sans a million props stood in stark contrast to the chicanery of the ukvtw2 finale

never thought I’d see such an accurate simulated rimjob on the main stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
My wife and I are going to be in Chicago for the finale. Any recommendations of a bar to live watch? We'll be downtown, but seems like we could get to other places via the train.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Belial42 posted:

My wife and I are going to be in Chicago for the finale. Any recommendations of a bar to live watch? We'll be downtown, but seems like we could get to other places via the train.

Boystown is right off of the Red line, 20 minutes away from the loop - easy access to the Halsted strip of gay bars.

Roscoes is the "main" viewing party, of course, but it can be a little difficult or expensive to get in, and it's very busy.

Splash has a viewing party hosted by Kenzie Coulee. I haven't been, but I've heard it's nice, and Kenzie is an absolute delight.

My personal favorite is the viewing party at The Annoyance comedy club hosted by Derry Queen - it's a good balance of "entertaining during commercials" and "enjoying the show", the audience full of drag artists, and I love the comedy-centric atmosphere that's willing to tease the show. :) (That's where I'm going! I did host here two weeks ago, so I am very biased.)

Sidetrack has long lines to get in. I don't think they have a host, but they have several bars and a great selection so you'll get quick service. (Fun fact - Sidetrack is one of the bars with the most alcohol sales in Illinois! Top 3!)

I think that Hydrate has a viewing party, but no hosts- but after the episode they usually have a competition on Friday night that people put a lot of effort into! this week it's a competition for a bunch of high-profile brunch bookings, hosted by Lucy Stoole, Bambi Banks-Coulee, and Abhijeet.

Have fun! :peanut:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Hug in a Can's overview is great, my few additional comments from a middle-aged gay who doesn't know the ins-and-outs anymore:

- Roscoe's is the big ticket but at this point you'd be standing to watch the show assuming there's space... I don't know when it's going to get busy for the Finale. My friend and I have reserved a table and had dinner three times this season, including last Friday, and I highly recommend it. However, you'd have to put your name in on Open Table and hope something opens up.

- Sidetrack is a giant place with better screens to watch the show, but the hosting is significantly worse than Roscoe's. One thing you can consider is getting there 60 minutes early and enjoy the last bit of Show Tunes Friday. If I were going out to watch, I'd likely end up there because I didn't plan ahead to get a table. We did go there for the Rusical episode and it was fine.

- I'd also consider Replay, the arcade bar, but I haven't been there for a broadcast.

The theatre show sounds fantastic, btw. I'm watching at home because I'm starting my pre-Eurovision trip isolation.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I didn't understand Megami predicting Mhi'ya's split in the moment but that was incredible. She didn't even look at her, that's so cunty. Morphine's got to be my favourite lip syncer in years though. She had me constantly yelling. I wish the audience for that episode was bigger just to see the reactions. It's why you'll never see me hate live lip sync for the crown finales.

Anyways Team Sapphira!!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Morphine lip syncing 8 times in a season and managing to deliver something different every time is impressive

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah gymnastics are cool and all but Morphine's lipsyncs are way better across the board, she's insane

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
I was thinking this Friday was the reunion and then finale. Apparently, finale.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Queer Grenadier posted:

I was thinking this Friday was the reunion and then finale. Apparently, finale.

To be honest, this was a pretty mid season, and there isn't much worthy of a reunion. I'm not sure there has ever been a top 4 who were so dominant that they won 13 of the 15 episodes with challenges. Plasma was the only other queen who won anything beyond the girl group challenge. If they had a reunion, it would have mostly just focused on Q being bitter about not winning more, the queens giving Nymphia poo poo about faking insecurity, and the rest would be about the currently non-existent feud between Plain and Amandatory given that Plain went to Roscoe's to support her during her elimination episode.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I thought this was one of the best seasons of mainline drag race since the single digits, it’s a whole-rear end ecosystem now and the level of drag is extremely high from the jump. the mugs were beat, the looks (onstage and in the werkroom) were fashion, the talking heads giving, and the performances were solid. definitely lacking in the drama department but I’m okay with that every few seasons when the artisanship on display is so impressive. some of the looks nymphia and q made are going to be seminal, not to mention the sheer opulence sapphira somehow packed and brought to the runway almost every time

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Hug in a Can's overview is great, my few additional comments from a middle-aged gay who doesn't know the ins-and-outs anymore:

I really appreciate both of your suggestions. Seems like most options are "close-ish" so we'll pick something and hope it's not slammed. Roscoe's sounds fun but I did not plan well enough for that.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Does Nymphia have the best pre-AS runway package of all time? I can't think of anyone else as consistent and elevated. A lot of queens had great packages but maybe had a few looks that weren't up to par, and even some of the best fashion queens weren't so great at constructing their own looks (Aquaria and Symone come to mind). Jaida brought great looks she made herself, but a couple felt a bit basic, though well-made.

Nymphia had not a single bad look, including the ones made in the werkroom, which this season had 3. And most were made herself. Incredible.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

IMHO Nymphia could have just walked into the workroom and Sasha Colby'd the whole thing. I'm happy that Sapphira and Plane are giving her a real run for her bananas

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

as much as I’d like nymphia to break the asian queen losing streak she comes off as a lot morr whiny and a lot less mature than sapphira, who has been mother the entire season (even that cringe ‘throw your problems over your shoulder’ moment). nymphia (and the edit) will have to do a lot in the finale to justify a win over sapphira. feeling somewhat pessimistic given the recent fates of aurora and marina. but here’s hoping.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nymphia's the only queen out of the entire cast who hasn't lip synced, similar to Sasha Velour at the end of S9. If she plays her cards right, she could pull a similar finish.

Either way, with as strong as this top 3 is, it's gonna come down to the final lip sync.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I can't forgive Sapphira for her first itty bitty titty boob plate-gate. And a Nymphia win has potential to upset China. So I'm team Plane Jane. It's time we finally had a villain win.

I love all 3 of them tbh and would be happy with any of them taking the crown. It's going to be an actually exciting finale because it could really go any which way.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

iceyman posted:

I love all 3 of them tbh and would be happy with any of them taking the crown. It's going to be an actually exciting finale because it could really go any which way.

Agree. I don't really have a clear frontrunner in my heart. They're all brilliant in different ways. It's all gonna be who the producers rig to have songs that suit their style. Unless something crazy, like a Sasha rose reveal happens. But even then, producers can still Jinkx Swish Swish it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

My theory is that the producers see Nymphia as a slam-dunk All-Stars winner in a couple of years, so they'll give it to Sapphira now.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I was undecided on whether I thought Nymphia or Sapphira should win until recently. It's very selfish, but I would prefer if Nymphia won because I would rather see Sapphira back on all stars. Nymphia's looks were amazing but she wasn't as entertaining in the work room and if she doesn't change up her schtick it will become especially tired over the course of 2 seasons. Sapphira was a joy throughout and I would love to see more of her on All Stars.

Plane Jane was actually my favorite of the three, but I don't think her drag was quite on the same level. You can bet if she doesn't win they're going to be printing that All Stars contract up before Ru even places the crown on the winners head.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Nymphia isn't going to win because Asian queens, especially East Asians, are cursed in this franchise. Her drag is amazing, she's beautiful and stupid and funny but she doesn't really exude Drag Race Winner energy. Sapphira does so she's the easy choice but who knows maybe production is gonna blindside everyone and toss it to Nymphia anyway.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I was surprised to learn yesterday that Plane is only 26.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Finale preview. Make sure not to scroll down to comments

Lol at the crowd of randos who have no context of the people they're clapping for

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
The best thing about watching Drag Race Belgium is seeing what kind of absolutely hosed up thing Rita Baga is wearing out of drag in the werk room.

And by “best” I mean :captainpop:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

gandlethorpe posted:

Finale preview. Make sure not to scroll down to comments

Lol at the crowd of randos who have no context of the people they're clapping for

This is going to be so low-rent coming off of the Vegas live shows :munch:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

czg posted:

The best thing about watching Drag Race Belgium is seeing what kind of absolutely hosed up thing Rita Baga is wearing out of drag in the werk room.

And by “best” I mean :captainpop:

God. Some of the poo poo she wears is unhinged.

There was a week she was wearing sparkly diamond pattern pants and I went nuts.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I've read some rumors that the winner is going to be Nymphia this season. I don't know how accurate that is, though. Personally I think Sapphira should win. She's the total package: she lip syncs, she flips, she's funny as hell--she got robbed on Snatch Game--she's creative, and the bitch can sew. I feel like you could surprise Sapphira with a last-minute gig as a performer and host, and she would nail it without breaking a sweat. A lot of that comes from age and experience: Nymphia is going to be unstoppable once she loosens up and gets more comfortable with herself and with being silly, and Jane will probably outgrow the snarky baby-bitch nastiness that a lot of girls have in their twenties. (Jane is my least favorite queen, I know she's trolling but that doesn't make her any more funny or likable. Burger Fingers was probably the least funny thing I've ever seen.) Sapphira is just on another level when it comes to being a stage presence and personality compared to the other two.

Edit: Mirage is the perfect name, I keep forgetting that she existed. Hershii made a bigger impression on me than Mirage.

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 20, 2024

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

A reminder:

The final results will be in the wild in a couple of hours. Avoid this thread, stay off social media, etc., until you have a chance to watch if you don't want the ending ruined.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Red carpet looks:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Lmao plane ilu

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Goddammit, Plane, I loving love it. Why you gotta be so difficult to love?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

(guy whose about to get killed by john wick voice) the baba yaga…

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Plane saw Princess Poppy at the Emmys and said "hold my beer".

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Currently watching Maddie Morphosis be real bored at some low level MCing here at the Arlo.

Plane and Nymphia are scheduled to show up in a few hours.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Okay, I love everyone's red carpet look. The finalists look outstanding, I love that they went with a primary colors theme. Nymphia's dress is loving adorable as well as beautiful, her entrance was perfect.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

All-Stars: May 17

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Love Nymphia but at least Plane knew the words to her own song.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Sapphira :drat:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I've read some rumors that the winner is going to be Nymphia this season. I don't know how accurate that is, though. Personally I think Sapphira should win. She's the total package: she lip syncs, she flips, she's funny as hell--she got robbed on Snatch Game--she's creative, and the bitch can sew. I feel like you could surprise Sapphira with a last-minute gig as a performer and host, and she would nail it without breaking a sweat. A lot of that comes from age and experience: Nymphia is going to be unstoppable once she loosens up and gets more comfortable with herself and with being silly, and Jane will probably outgrow the snarky baby-bitch nastiness that a lot of girls have in their twenties. (Jane is my least favorite queen, I know she's trolling but that doesn't make her any more funny or likable. Burger Fingers was probably the least funny thing I've ever seen.) Sapphira is just on another level when it comes to being a stage presence and personality compared to the other two.

Edit: Mirage is the perfect name, I keep forgetting that she existed. Hershii made a bigger impression on me than Mirage.

I agree with you on all counts. I think Sapphira deserves it most but wouldn't be mad if it were Nymphia; I don't think Jane is at the same level.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Yes, Miss Congeniality is great and all but WHO IS THE GOLDEN BOOT???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I’m living for the Amanda Tory Meating-cam