Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

THIS LOOK BY SASHA :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
NYMPHIA WIND!!!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Best finale lipsync since Sasha v Peppermint? I think so.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Nymphia just outDANCED Mrs. Biscuit Basket. That was hot. Love it. Love everything about it.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Great job by the drag race production team to see the immediate impact of Padam Padam on the gay community and correctly identify that a lipsync to this song needs to decide the winner of Ru Paul's Drag Race.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

that boba moment was so explosive it got nymphia permabanned from the something awful forums

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

buddychrist10 posted:

Great job by the drag race production team to see the immediate impact of Padam Padam on the gay community and correctly identify that a lipsync to this song needs to decide the winner of Ru Paul's Drag Race.

Padam hasn't even been out for a year yet, bravo to the team.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I wanted Nymphia to win but I thought the season was Sapphira's to lose. But while the finale lipsync is often just a conceit, when Nymphia went and did that I think it's hard to argue with the results. So so happy for her :woop:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'd much rather have had last week's episode but I also miss the Golden Boot... :smith:

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
FWIW, Maddy asked who should have gotten the Golden Boot, and the crowd was pretty unanimous on Miyah

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I dunno, Plasma's Tweedle/dum look was the stuff of nightmares

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

dpkg chopra posted:

FWIW, Maddy asked who should have gotten the Golden Boot, and the crowd was pretty unanimous on Miyah

Her whole season's outfits, unfortunately, were Golden Boots. But WHICH was the worst, goons? Her entrance outfit, although well-meaning, always reminds me of Plane Jane's comment, "I never knew a corset could make someone look bigger."

But I gotta say, I hated her Lil' Kim outfit. Her boobs looked... sad. And for Kim? That's like, 90% of the outfit.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

it was her go-home look. concept cribbed from an AI-generated “dragon 1980” google, made sloppily, and mildly lied about (adding the things on the shoulders) is truly next-level bootery, but AI aside I think plasma’s go-home look was the worst of the season

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
I'm so happy with that outcome, miss wind can dance and serve looks and all is right with the world :sotw:

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Also the final song being Kylie motherfucking Minogue had me hooting and hollering, so happy

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Even with the audience of randos, that was a great finale, minus lack of Golden Boot. Dual MCs was quite a surprise, and that should finally put to rest the debate about whether a finalist can win it.

Nymphia. That boba reveal. Obviously there was gonna be something under that cape, but I still did not see that coming. Then she stripped down even more to show her moves. A bit of Sasha and a bit of Yvie.

A real refreshing finish to a top tier season when the format was starting to feel stale and predictable. I'm gonna miss this cast, but a lot of them are surely gonna grace our screens again.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I haven't fished the episode yet but it is with heavy heart that I must disqualify Sapphira for that loving air guitar

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

blizzardvizard posted:

I wanted Nymphia to win but I thought the season was Sapphira's to lose. But while the finale lipsync is often just a conceit, when Nymphia went and did that I think it's hard to argue with the results. So so happy for her :woop:

Yeah that lip sync really cemented it for me.

Why was the finale so small this season?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

big black turnout posted:

Yeah that lip sync really cemented it for me.

Why was the finale so small this season?

This and last week's episode were filmed before they even did promos. It's pretty similar to S3 except with an audience and multiple crownings still filmed. I think it was for multiple reasons. Apparently there were concerns about strikes involving crew happening around the time they would normally do a reunion/finale. Last year's finale also had a lot of mishaps, like Anetra's dancer getting injured and Mistress being a diva during the MC handoff. With all that plus the typical amount of leaking an audience full of queens and queer microcelebrities does, they probably decided now was a good time to revamp the format.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I was hard on Nymphia this season but that was a very deserved win. She peaked at the right time and delivered a couple of amazing performances at the end. Queen of Wind is some Lady Gaga poo poo, what a bop. And the boba moment, I'm obsessed.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Ahhhh holy gently caress I was just not ready to root for nymphia over Sapphira and part of me was delusional enough to hope for a double crowning but my loving god that lip synch. What a queen.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I'm satisfied with this ending. Mother Sapphira was crowned Miss Congeniality and won second, so she got some of the flowers she deserved. She's also performing opera this year at the Lincoln Center, she's going to do just fine. I'm looking forward to her turn on All Stars.

Nymphia turned it the gently caress UP for that lip sync! I'm so glad she went with balloons and not butterflies for that reveal.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
My wife's immediate reaction to the balloons was "sure beats dead butterflies" lmao

And yeah I was really struggling to think of who else could possibly win congeniality so I'm glad she got that

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I didn’t realize they were boba balls!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

She even released the boballoons on the line that says "butterflies"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The Top 3 watching the finale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcO85zh4Dc4

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Sapphira is going to demolish an all stars season just imagine being on all-stars and seeing her walk in lmao

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

As I said to my friend, Plane and Sapphira won a half-Morphine.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I didn't want to dare dream it but I can't believe it happened. Once the pearls started flying it was over.

Do most people even know bubble tea is from Taiwan

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

As I said to my friend, Plane and Sapphira won a half-Morphine.

The absurd thing is that means that Plane got the worst deal out of literally all the queens. Every other queen had a chance to lip sync for either $50k or $200k. Plane has a subpar solo routine and was done.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Eej posted:

I didn't want to dare dream it but I can't believe it happened. Once the pearls started flying it was over.

Do most people even know bubble tea is from Taiwan

Someone on reddit was saying it was a fairly political message: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_Tea_Alliance

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

angerbot posted:

Someone on reddit was saying it was a fairly political message: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_Tea_Alliance

Ugh her mind

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

angerbot posted:

Feel like I'm gonna need a citation from her for this one

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/iingwen/status/1781647972843049020

Just the President of Taiwan giving Nymphia a shout out

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Badger of Basra posted:

https://twitter.com/iingwen/status/1781647972843049020

Just the President of Taiwan giving Nymphia a shout out

More importantly though

https://twitter.com/DragUpdate/status/1781603851025678522

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Sapphira is going to demolish an all stars season just imagine being on all-stars and seeing her walk in lmao

I am HERE for it. I want more of her on my TV, and blessed and fully booked? The other queen should just walk out.

Very happy to see Nymphia win. She was lovely the whole way through.

Also I am way more excited for Jane and Sapphira to return in All Stars than I would be for Nymphia, which is really the important part.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

So happy for Nymphia. Very satisfying season.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Super cute shirt just went up on Nymphia's merch shop with cartoon renditions of all her looks. Already ordered one cause who knows how long those supplies will last.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I was fully on the Sapphira train leading up to the final lipsync but I cannot deny how loving good Nymphia was. Well deserved winner and being part Asian and growing up in Asia, it’s loving cool to see an Asian winner, especially from Taiwan. Nymphia is probably one of Taiwan’s most internationally famous celebrities or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

gandlethorpe posted:

Super cute shirt just went up on Nymphia's merch shop with cartoon renditions of all her looks. Already ordered one cause who knows how long those supplies will last.

Oh my gosh, that shirt is super cute! All the merch is. Did you see that the last Nymphia look is just him out of drag? Too adorable