Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I'm OK with the winner, though I didn't really have a favourite in the top four. I was rooting hard for Kitty and when she left, I didn't feel like I had much of a stake in the season anymore. Didn't Gisele look stunning though?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

(quote is not edit)

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Is it just me or did the entire top four all feel a little...underbaked? There's no one who gave me that STAR DIVA feeling like the previous winners.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Last night I tried to remember who won the last UK season and had to resort to Wikipedia.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1753540440123482489

Maddy on this week's Pit Stop!

Edit: and it looks like UKvsTheWorld 2 will be on Crave in Canada next week (I know some people were afraid it wouldn't be).

Drimble Wedge fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 2, 2024

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

She had some good reads at the reunion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRG9U3tWXmw

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

UK vs TW: I've seen some chatter online that Mayhem is suffering from long COVID, which is likely why she seemed foggy and low-energy. I felt so, so bad for her; I wanted to crawl under the table.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Dawn's been kind of underwhelming from me; she had great kooky energy in the first episode, but when I think of her now, I just get such a negative vibe. I thought she'd be more fun than this.

UKvsTW: oof, bad challenge. I dislike how stank-faced and condescending Michelle is when they're trying to film their greenscreen stuff (I know that's the edit but, like Dawn, it just gives everything this veil of negativity). Not sad about the queen who went home; the placement feels correct.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

UkvsTW: is it just me, or did Ru already have a stank attitude when doing the workroom walkthrough with everyone? And why was he so hung up on accents?

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Noise Machine posted:

Anyone else get the feeling that we're gonna have a Mhiya/Sapphira lip sync next week? I have a feeling Mhiya is gonna be over confident and Sapphira is gonna say something to the effect of "If I knew you were gonna act like this, I wouldn't have helped you"

I am SO over Mh'iya and don't think she should have survived a third lipsynch.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Plasma is definitely taking notes from Trixie's "hit the ground running" strategy after season 7, and I love it. Her YT channel went from 14.9k to 19.2k subscribers in just a few days. (No, I'm not saying she's going to be as huge as Trixie, but she's made some very smart moves to capitalize on her moments)

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

https://ew.com/rupaul-leaving-drag-race-down-under-michelle-visage-8606508

RuPaul's right-hand woman is taking center stage on RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under.

EW can exclusively reveal that Michelle Visage — Mama Ru's longtime best friend and RuPaul's Drag Race panelist — will take over for RuPaul as the host of the upcoming Drag Race Down Under season 4.

Regular judge Rhys Nicholson will remain on the panel, with additional seats being occupied by a rotating roster of Down Under queens throughout the season in addition to regular celebrity guest judges.

“It has been my great honor to bring Drag Race to Australasia. I can’t wait to see the franchise continue to flourish under the leadership of the incredible Michelle Visage," RuPaul — who will remain on board as a Down Under executive producer — tells EW in a statement, while Visage adds: "Thank you, RuPaul, for entrusting me with one of your beloved shows. The color, humor, and outrageousness of Down Under drag holds a special place in my heart. I'm ready to do everything in my power to encourage these beautiful queens to believe in themselves and let their inner light shine through."

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

She would be amazing.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

If you sort of put yourself in Hannah's mindset it makes sense really, like it was obvious scarlet was a bit pissed about being picked last week and Hannah was making a point of trying to create a positive space and sending Scarlett home was a way more efficient way of doing that than just sort of giving it that weird middle management mediation thing she went with at the start of the episode.

Also while I think scarlet was a poor choice last week I think she's kind of an obvious pick this week. Le grande dame and marina are both from fairly niche franchises and have absolutely dominated the competition and scarlet is from the big one where they win real money and also while she's had a good run she hasn't blown me away like the other two.

I would also argue that Scarlet had the advantage of being a native English speaker who has seen drag roasts before, and still whiffed it.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kk6UZW3p70

This comment is about merch: It's real; did we already know about this?

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Brad's not terrible but Traci is basically Canadian Toronto TV Bot 5000 and probably has to be connected to a USB between takes.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

:canada: If you're a Cogeco or BellTV* customer the OutTV channel is in free preview this months. First time in ages I was able to watch Untucked.

*Rogers doesn't seem to have it, and the Telus website detected that I had an Ontario IP address and told me to freeze in the dark gently caress off.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

The trombone sound for chocolate never gets old for me.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I've read some rumors that the winner is going to be Nymphia this season. I don't know how accurate that is, though. Personally I think Sapphira should win. She's the total package: she lip syncs, she flips, she's funny as hell--she got robbed on Snatch Game--she's creative, and the bitch can sew. I feel like you could surprise Sapphira with a last-minute gig as a performer and host, and she would nail it without breaking a sweat. A lot of that comes from age and experience: Nymphia is going to be unstoppable once she loosens up and gets more comfortable with herself and with being silly, and Jane will probably outgrow the snarky baby-bitch nastiness that a lot of girls have in their twenties. (Jane is my least favorite queen, I know she's trolling but that doesn't make her any more funny or likable. Burger Fingers was probably the least funny thing I've ever seen.) Sapphira is just on another level when it comes to being a stage presence and personality compared to the other two.

Edit: Mirage is the perfect name, I keep forgetting that she existed. Hershii made a bigger impression on me than Mirage.

I agree with you on all counts. I think Sapphira deserves it most but wouldn't be mad if it were Nymphia; I don't think Jane is at the same level.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I feel that way about Jorgeous and to a lesser extent, Gottmik.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

I share your sentiments here, but I think only Gottmik actively annoys me. I warmed up to Kandy Muse after her turn on All Stars, so I'll cross my fingers and hope.

I say "lesser extent" with Gottmik because I think they have more actual talent than Jorgeous, who is a great dancer obviously but not much else. I just find both their personalities grating.

I'll be rooting for Shannel and Angeria, and am annoyed that Roxxxy's entrance line did not in fact state she was here to make it clear.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

You've probably already seen this, but in case you haven't, google "Nymphia Wind" and click on the banana.

Not this one :sotw:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Trixie Mattel runs wild remodeling her 'definitely haunted' house in Trixie Motel: Drag Me Home

This looks great but I hope they don't bring that dippy designer back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Pinwiz11 posted:

Ep 2: :tviv: Plastique's dress omg. Mik's second dress was great too, but Plastique's werkroom construction was A-MA-ZING

That has got to be one of the top 5 looks ever created on the show.