Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
It's been such a long and lovely year for me personally that I straight up forgot Sasha was the reigning and that whole Let Loose nonsense. I've fallen off the drag wagon and I'd appreciate any propaganda telling me where to hop back on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

"The time has come for you to impress me and earn immunity from a future elimination."

It could be that this is simply indicating that episode 1 and episode 3 don't have an immediate follow through, but the phrasing on this implies that immunity grants the winning queen safety from bottom two regardless of how long in the future that is.

Cristal gets immunity episode 1 and doesn't fall into the bottom 2 via queen vote until, say, episode 8 where she bombs the mountain climbing in heels challenge or some poo poo. That means the bottom 2 are bottom queens 1 and 3 instead. Of course, if the queens know who is in the bottom, some of the strategic ones could vote for "my biggest competition who has immunity" to be in last place every time.
I like this twist, to an extent. It certainly shakes up the formula in a way that immediately eliminating strong people won't make a boring season (pangina being removed from UKvtW still sucked) while providing the drama of strategy.

Side note: Where tf are these queens getting these impossibly bouncy breastplates?? this is the second time that fake titties that are breastiling boobily have enhanced a lipsync, when previously they were a stiff, awkward detriment.

curiousTerminal fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jan 9, 2024

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

There was something about the church-lady two-step that just tickled me and I thought she had a lot more charisma on the stage than Geneva.[/spoiler]

Being in character for that lipsync was a god tier decision, it was so loving fun to watch the whole way through.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

panko posted:

nymphia is very funny, very cute, and very stylish and is the best hope for an asian queen to win mainline drag race in a very long time.

Nymphia has my full attention to be quite honest! Her looks are fun to look at, her kookiness is tuned just right to be fun, and she feels like she's got the performance chops (and competency in English) to surprise during comedy and script challenges. I have no loving clue what she's going to do next but I am excited for it. Her and Sapphira are a lock for top 3, IMO.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

From what I remember, they usually do, but production Riga morris can change the song that very night to one the competitor who they want to win, knows. It happen in Jinkx v. Detox and almost happened in Jimbo v. Kandy.

Jinkx v. Detox was changed because of the Coco v Alyssa lipsync from before. The song for the telenovela episode was originally going to be Malambo No. 1, but they swapped it to Cold Hearted Snake because it fit the feud better, then just shoved Malambo into the makeover episode to compensate.
I wouldn't doubt the song order is "flexible" though, given the iPods the queens are given are loaded with all the songs from the start but they aren't told which one is which until that episode starts filming, which is a 2 to 4 day lead time if you're starting from scratch.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

iceyman posted:

Team Nymphia all the way. She also did quite well as Barbara in the skit. Girl is mega-talented.

Sapphira and Nymphia are a lock for top 4, it's just a matter of who the other two are going to be. Jane seems like she could absolutely make it that far from what we've seen, assuming she doesn't fall into the bottom until the last 4 or 5 episodes (so they can't Track Record her away if she stumbles the end) I think she'll glide into the top 4 on her Obvious Villain thing alone.

Sapphira's skill is unquestionable but I think I'm also team Nymphia for the same reasons I said before: Everything she does is so fun. She's taking this seriously in the way that she's taking nothing seriously? She knows what she's doing is ridiculous but she's treating that ridiculousness with a kind of professional energy that has just enough rough edges and stupidity to make it still feel approachable.
She's a delight to watch and she's got my full attention.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

The boat has sailed on it since shes not super relevant anymore but I'm kind of surprised that nothing by Marina made it to a lipsync in the 2010s, especially Bubblegum Bitch or How to be A Heartbreaker. I'd love to see either of those (or Froot)

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

curiousTerminal posted:

The boat has sailed on it since shes not super relevant anymore but I'm kind of surprised that nothing by Marina made it to a lipsync in the 2010s, especially Bubblegum Bitch or How to be A Heartbreaker. I'd love to see either of those (or Froot)

Hey going back to "what lipsync songs do you want to see" I desperately want one of Weird Al's originals to show up at some point because I wanna see a bitch sweat her wig off trying to keep up with Hardware Store.

Very funny to me that Morphene "I had a BBL" Love Dion of all people is like "you need a new shtick the bananas are old"
This Plane Jane poo poo is getting tiring in the exact same way the MIB/Luxx poo poo did. Being confident and owning yourself is one thing, being rude to others who are not in on the joke is another. And all of them have been so catty in the confessionals and then hid behind "oh well thats just my feelings im keeping it real, sometimes im in the moment" when confronted in any way. If Jane wants to be a villain the least she can do is take the heat gracefully.
Team Geneva loving killed it and I had no idea that was in the pipeline.
Man, the Tim Burton Batman movie made an impression on these hoes, huh? This is the second 1992 Catwoman outfit I've seen this episode.
"we were comparing you to plane jane" Oh this is fully an Untucked Fodder moment. I haven't seen something this blatant in drag race since they edited Jiggly's "it's very Saint Tropez" comment into an episode 4 times.
Very unsurprising elimination. Surprising overall, since I thought they'd milk the drama some more than they did, but unsurprising when the critiques came in.

panko posted:

glad rate-a-queen has largely been dropped for now but feels like it was a misstep so far awarding the immunity potions to two proven-strong queens. there’s potential later for a queen who knows she hosed up hardcore to beg either of them for protection but its not giving drama yet (and isn’t as funny as the chocolate)

Evidently the immunity potions have an "expiration" so they'll probably be used in an upset halfway through after Sapphira and Jane are notified they won't work anymore. Sapphira will probably save someone she likes or thinks is having a singular bad week, and Jane's using hers on a weak bitch to get an extra week out of them.

gandlethorpe posted:

I should've stanned from the start when she showed up to press events as loving Morrigan and with the Staff of Homa from Genshin Impact.
Megami has absolutely read Homestuck and loved it. There is no possible way she hasn't. It's not relevant to literally anything happening in this season of reality TV but I need you all to know that she walked in the work room wearing Homestuck horns and Terezi glasses, then proceeded to indicate she was active on tumblr in the early 2010s. She has to have read it. I've gotten my Dots to connect but I won't be satisfied until she walks out painted grey with a green trench coat.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Given her age and general demographics there is a good chance megami has registered an account here

More likely she shared an account with other people in 2011/2012 to read Danganronpa. She doesn't strike me as the forum type.

I love these fake feuds so much every time they happen, all the fun of real drama with none of the getting canceled.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

This judging on the dolls episode is wildly pissing me off. "why didnt you pad the doll" "the doll has thin legs and your legs are fat as gently caress" shut the gently caress up???? If you want the dolls to be fat, then provide fat dolls. Why are you expecting the queens to make an outfit for themselves and also expecting the fat queens to do extra work for the dolls to make them look fat when you aren't judging plane jane for not giving her doll the squarest head in the world? gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

I enjoy Imbibing With Friends when I watch Drag Race and I had laryngitis pretty much immediately after Valentines Day so I have only just seen the S16 Snatch game episode and I gotta coordinate watching UK with my friend who is both at Uni and 5+ hours ahead of my Walmart closing shift rear end.

This is to provide context for my next couple of posts catching up:

US 16 Snatch Game: I could feel the edit on this one, but ultimately I don't think anything terrible happened. Nymphia flopped hardcore but she's on the fast track to the top 4 so she was never going home, which means the "missed opportunity for an easy high safe" Gold Tooth Fairy (literally just do ratchet tooth fairy jokes and Ru will laugh so hard they have to pause recording) and the "confused but she's got the spirit" Bad Impersonation are gonna lipsync. Plane absolutely won, Plasma did really good but played it way too safe, Q continues to be underrated on set, and Dawn's one confessional where she throws shade at Luxx and then regrets it so immediately that there isn't even punctuation between the shade and the retraction was hilarious. The guest judge got 15 seconds of screentime where she said "im so excited to be here! drag is good!" and "this queen sucked but she was really pretty" so she was standard "my agent booked me for drag race" fare and therefore completely ignorable. A good episode in general, hooray!

Normy posted:

Snatch game would be better if they all got a coaching session instead of the usual workroom visit. Let them workshop the characters with somebody who knows what they're doing.
God, please? the completely hopeless at comedy queens could still bomb but it would at least make the ones who just need help do better. Snatch Game is the hardest episode to rewatch consistently and it's because the bombs bomb so loving hard.

Andrew_1985 posted:

I also assume because Dawn was doing a real-life person who is from a litigious group of jerks, they avoided showing much of her to avoid lawsuits.

I did clock that most footage of Dawn during the actual challenge was interstitial "we need filler footage" clips of her like, having a flag in her tits. Probably why she was Safe, too. No usable footage = no way to critique.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Jinkx playing Mama Morton on Broadway? That's cool.

gently caress the rest of your post Jinkx got renewed for that and I think my sister is gonna go see her doing that and she asked if I want to come along. I'm gonna go see a loving Broadway show for the first time after a decade and a half of local high school theater (I'm still upset that I didn't keep the program for the Addams Family production, because Morticia had what it takes to bust into the mainstream), and it's one of my role models to boot.

Context EDIT: That Morticia got the only mid-show standing ovation I've ever seen here for how hard she killed "Death is just around the corner."
My high school's first production under the current Theater teacher's tutelage was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and it's become a tradition to grant the eponymous coat from that show to someone on closing night. A cast member who went above and beyond, a backstage crew member who saved the show, someone like that. I remember a friend of mine getting it in 2012 and sobbing onstage because she was so happy.
Morticia got the Dreamcoat. She was that good.

curiousTerminal fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Mar 9, 2024