Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

That was a fun premiere. +1 to the Team Sapphira and Team Dawn pile! I feel like the Rate-A-Queen gimmick is gonna end up not mattering since I don't have faith in the producers, but we'll see, I guess.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I think I'm most excited about Nymphia from the second batch. The ep spent a lot of time trying to establish Plane Jane as the season villain and I wasn't really feeling it at the start, but she did turn me around a bit 'cos:

gandlethorpe posted:

"Is she giving anything worth protecting?"

:vince:

Honestly? Kinda iconic

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Holy poo poo ~~Nymphia~~ :eyepop:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I kinda thought Amanda should've been in the top over Q, her role wasn't the most prominent but her performance felt the most natural. But I'm fine with Plasma's win. They're totally Janning the gently caress out of Q, lol

I'm really sad about Mirage because she absolutely loving killed that lipsync, it's just that her lips don't match.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Very contrasting feelings about this ep's results

I'm actually happy it's a group win this time, 'cos they were far and away the most cohesive group. Honestly they were the only ones that felt like a "group" at all. They really supported each other during the performance and that's what made them great to watch. Also loved the name "Thick & Stick" :lol:

But Amanda won that lipsync what the loving gently caress

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Bob gave a very respectable shot but Maddy demolished it I fear

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Great ep. I thought Nymphia and Megami did well too and could've made the top in another timeline, but the competition was tight this week. Q totally deserved the win but my personal favorite was actually Plane Jane's. And then we got a killer lipsync to cap it all off.

Honestly Sapphira should've known she's a frontrunner at this point and they wouldn't have risked her going home this early :v: I actually kinda wonder if there was some behind-the-scenes manipulation by some other queen(s) that didn't make the storyline cut.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Nymphia's been the focus for a few weeks in a row now, so they probably just wanted to throw Dawn some spotlight. But I think Dawn deserved a top placement either way, I liked the concept and the color blocking.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I didn't think Megami deserved the bottom either. I agree no one did particularly bad but then if we're talking about performance history some other queens have been safe week after week after week and Megami at least had a major role in securing the girl group episode win.

I'm also just gonna say it. Last ep was already a bit iffy with the way they were criticizing the big girls for things related to their size, and then now two big girls went home in a row. Geneva may have deserved the bottom 2 last ep regardless but they clearly could've nitpicked anybody this ep and they intentionally chose Megami. It frankly doesn't look good on the show.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Yeah it's hard to tell if the bottom two were correct since the editing was pretty skewed. I didn't even think Morphine did that bad. Plane Jane was definitely the right winner though.

Also I'm excited for another design challenge!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Ru's not beating the anti-theatre kid allegations anytime soon. :v: Jokes aside I think it was a fair result. While Mhiya did commit the "cardinal sin" of taking her wig off to... not even a wig, she was so dang fun to watch I didn't even really care.

Main challenge wise Q won that fair and square. And frankly I thought Plane deserved the bottom 3 more than Morphine but eh.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

If we're being honest I don't think anyone did that well but I'd be more interested in seeing Sapphira or Nymphia extend their set out of everyone, so there's that

Plane and Q's material was awful, right? It's not just me?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

As an actual East Asian person I personally didn't have an issue with Nymphia's accent, since the accent wasn't the entirety of her routine and was just a medium to deliver her material. It's more or less like Uncle Roger, where the accent was just there accentuate (ha) the comedy, she wasn't just up there making noises.

Also Plane Jane did a caricature of Slavic accent just a couple of episodes ago and nobody batted a loving eye, but have one Asian person sounding Asian and everyone suddenly shifts in their seats

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I actually thought Nymphia and Dawn had the best concept, but Sapphira and Plane were definitely the best duo of the night.

Next ep is the makeover challenge and I feel like there's just no way Morphine's going home on that. And I think Sapphira/Nymphia/Plane are a lock for the finale. I'm thinking Q might be the Loosey of the season.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Well, I personally thought Q should've been in the bottom, but I guess this was always gonna happen. Morphine herself seemed to have expected she was getting booted regardless.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Surprised that we're going back to a top 3. So I guess the finale isn't gonna be a lipsync battle?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

When Megami did the hand gesture mimicking Mhi'ya's split? It's over bitch

Morphine totally earned her win, though!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I wanted Nymphia to win but I thought the season was Sapphira's to lose. But while the finale lipsync is often just a conceit, when Nymphia went and did that I think it's hard to argue with the results. So so happy for her :woop:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I dunno, Plasma's Tweedle/dum look was the stuff of nightmares

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

All-Stars 9 Cast Reveal in approx 45 minutes.

Goddamn they're not even letting the paint dry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Top tier cast imo