Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

we must have peace in our time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Officers of the Peace

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

how many of you have finished a book? good for them

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i don't think you should ever tell a poster to kill themselves, because it's lazy. if you want them dead, be a grownup and take responsibility - threaten to kill them yourself

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

I want a Piss Tape Is Real hat

Trump Thread Is Getting Moved To CCCC hat

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Now that I've started posting more and reading other forums I really don't see a lot of other cspam posters posting outside of cspam.

The people those posters seem angry at are gbs/pyf types.

People love to hate read cspam.

They're saying Elon Musk is "ftw"! when he is anything but!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

i like that the guy is endlessly complaining about Wokes but still calls lowtax a chud. typical pnw liberal

well of course I hold all of MY beliefs sincerely, because they're the correct ones, whereas the people I disagree with are just holding those beliefs to VIRTUE SIGNAL

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

trolled by my ex girlfriend to get "IBS" tattooed on my arm right before she dumps me

to be fair, predicting dumps can get pretty difficult with IBS

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Poppers posted:

human being: the Gathering

that would be Lorcana

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

no one can stop what is coming

i'm stopping it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

Wizard Wednesday

the dejected blue wizard has not prepared his conjuration

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

the shame of being a beardless wizard would be too much to bear

Stavrosi, The Hungry

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

never seen deadwood

try looking in your shorts

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

got new kitchen knives for christmas and today I sliced the hell out of my thumb while cutting something and boy was it a bleeder

Me using my first of non-lovely chisels for wood carving

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Epic struggle session

how bout a movie where it's like Rodney Dangerfield helping all the young communists in China do the cultural revolution

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

leaving a one star review after sam porter bridges let BT hand marks get all over my chockie shake

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

For Leon So Loved C-SPAM That He Did Some Dumbass poo poo That Made Us All LMAO

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I have a $100 ps bucks. Do I buy more v-bucks or Suicide squad?

the solid snake skin drops in like 2 weeks right? maybe some other good stuff will be coming at the same time

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

hmm not a fan of this avatar...

your bottom is showing

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

to the tune of "Sweet Emotion":
Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Spam Pooooooosssssting

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

one step closer to forums court

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Went to the gymnasium with the family. Got to bounce around in the padded block room then got on a "stair master" and climbed stairs.

There's a fake ladder machine called Jacobs Ladder. Next time I'm gonna get on that and climb for as long as the Snake Eater song lasts.

lol cosplaying like snake and re-enacting the climb like the firefighters who climb the stairmasters for 9/11

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

teacher!! teacher!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

One of the guys recommended me one recently and the youtube guy was just yelling about the endtimes and how biden will bring about the rapture in isreal. I had enough after 10 minutes. The video was 57 minutes long.

hmm. shouldn't they like him then??

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

hamas ftw posted:

reopen the white people thread hoot

yeah i've got one last thing i wanna post

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

Wouldn't the Houthi's technically be privateers if anything

god drat them all
i was told we'd sail the seas
for Israeli cargo
we'd fire no gun
shed no tears
i'm a broken man
on a Mukalla pier
the last of the Houthi
Privateers

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

still can't believe they yoinked it lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

My father-in-law might have open heart surgery and die next week while my wife, daughter, and grandkid is visiting the in-laws for their vacation. If it isn't next week it will be the week after he has it.

oof, sorry buddy. Hope it all goes well and isn't too stressful for your family.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

don't come for lumpentroll. do not come for lumpentroll.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

is drizly an app for Umbrella-sharing?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

dude on the bus was watching a glenn greenwald tiktok. not me tho. I'm riding with biden

you should know Biden has a checkered history involving buses

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

from now on you will only find AiT in BSS, posting about Swamp Thing

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

he can't get enough Swampiness!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

looking at the druid that just moved in across the street, there goes the neighborhood

jesus loving christ he's already replaced the stone wall fence with those garish oversized brambles. oh my god. Ambros come here right now. look. he has a totem pole in his backyard, i'm dying

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

that's what a movie trailer should be. it lets you know whether you want to see that movie or not.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the kid that i do volunteer work with is really into wrestling so it's cool to have an excuse to get back into it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

So I heard about Larry David assaulting Elmo on life television, but didn't watch it until now, because I knew it would upset me.

Holy poo poo it's even worse than I thought. What the gently caress is wrong with that guy? Elmo is, like, the best friend to multiple generations of children. In the Sesame Street universe, ELMO IS A CHILD, who is currently putting mental health and caring for others in the spotlight.

And Larry loving David ... did ... that? And thought it was going to be ... funny? What?

What an rear end in a top hat. What a stupid, self-centered, tone deaf rear end in a top hat.

Full disclosure: all the time, when I was growing up, my dad would grab me by the shoulders and shake me while he screamed in my face. He choked me more than once. He was always out of control, always in a furious rage, and always terrifying. I'm a 51 year-old man and my heart is pounding right now, recalling how I felt when I was a little boy who loved Grover the way today's kids love Elmo.

So this appalling, unforgivable, despicable act hits more than one raw nerve for me, and I'm going to say what I wish I'd been able to say when this sort of thing happened to me.

Larry David, this was not okay, and your obviously insincere "apology" clearly communicates that you don't get that.

First of all, you aren't even in the segment, but you just decided to barge in and draw focus because ... why? You couldn't stand that a puppet brought people together in a meaningful way that you can't? You couldn't stand that your appearance on national television to promote your wildly successful series was delayed for a few seconds while the adults talked about mental health? You wanted to manufacture a viral moment where everyone gets to see what an rear end in a top hat you are, so they'll tune in and watch you portray an rear end in a top hat in the last season of your show that celebrates how great it is to be an rear end in a top hat without ever experiencing the consequences of being an rear end in a top hat?

I really want to know what raced through his tiny little mind, and why there was no voice or person who spoke up to stop him from expressing violence towards a children's puppet WHO WAS THERE TO TALK ABOUT HOW HIS LOVE AND EMPATHY FOR PEOPLE HAVING A TOUGH TIME MATTERED AND MADE A DIFFERENCE.

Elmo and his dad were there to talk about empathy, love, kindness, and caring for each other.

Larry David was there to promote the final (thank god, maybe he'll go away now) season of a television series.

Like, read the room, dickhead. It isn't always about you being the center of attention. And understand what's happening in the moment, fucko. Understand that there are larger things in the world than you and your garbage ego.

You know who is watching the Today show with their parents? Kids who also watch Sesame Street. Elmo is an avatar for children all over the world. Children who are too small to understand Elmo is a puppet will know that a man attacked someone they love for no reason, and that will frighten and confuse them.

Elmo inspired a deeply meaningful and important moment of collective support among disparate people who have been struggling through the traumas of a pandemic, daily mass shootings, the rise of fascism and everything associated with Trump's violence and cruelty.

And lovely idiot Larry David couldn't leave it alone, for some reason. He had to indirectly tell everyone who opened their hearts to a Muppet that they were stupid, and he thought it was a good joke to physically attack and choke this character who is beloved by children and adults alike. You know what that tells impressionable young people about sharing their feelings?

Larry David strikes me as a person who mocks and belittles people who are vulnerable and sensitive, and enjoys being cruel, because he feels untouchable. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's who I see whenever I can't find the remote and he's on my television.

By contrast, Elmo and the Muppets teach and model to children all over the world that kindness and empathy aren't weak or stupid or any of the things people like Larry David and my dad think they are. Elmo and the Muppets teach children to be gentle and kind, to celebrate our different cultures and to embrace all of our complicated feelings. Elmo and the Muppets offer comfort and friendship and support to a world that is starving for it.

I hope that, when the dust settles, Larry David's appalling behavior will be a footnote to a larger story about how, for just one day, a Muppet made a difference and helped millions of people who are struggling to feel a little less alone. With one question, Elmo got lots and lots of people speaking openly and honestly about their mental health. A nontrivial number of people who none of us will ever know were inspired by it, and that was the last little nudge they needed to make the call or send the email to being healing. Elmo probably saved lives and relationships by opening that conversation.

A man who would belittle and mock that isn't much of a man at all. Shame on you, Larry David.

\

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

stop overthinking it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

don't come for lumpentroll. do not come for lumpentroll.

i take it back, kill this piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mags posted:

peacefully

through a pillow