Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

MODS?

MOOOOOOOOODS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Dokapon Findom posted:

There was not any such reckoning! They gave up on denazification after a few years because it was too hard! :mad:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jose posted:

The animation in newer Simpsons is soulless

It really is.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I think the bridge is under the water now

:golfclap:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
e: probably not a post in keeping with the spirit of the peace thread (especially during Holy Week!), although it was meant in good fun.:)

Majorian has issued a correction as of 04:02 on Mar 29, 2024

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

loquacius posted:

Yeah Pick was a champion of 2010s-style weaponized bad-faith centrist idpol

Also an inveterate defender of How Are U. In short, literally the worst person I've ever encountered since fishmech.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SomethingBeautiful posted:

gotta be more up front about what you're posting and not pussyfoot around or thats what you get

lol nice

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

thats too long for me to read unfortunately... was hoping it would be a little shorter. d&d ftw.

The thread title says it all imo.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

yep, her title says "downs syndrom" in the title instead of "down syndrome" which is its proper name.

pick should've been probated for not reading her own OP.

lol

I wish I would've thought of that. I was an IK at the time and probating her for that would have driven her up the loving wall.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

nope, the only person I ever murdered was my hs vice principal (seriously).

Sounds like there's a funny story here. (I hope)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Xaris posted:

It's no glennthread until a loving dog + baw comes back, but 'tis a pleasant parousia

speaking of which, anyone doing anything Normal for easter?

My parents are setting up an Easter Egg hunt for my almost-1-year old and his cousins.:allears:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Looking for: someone who simultaneously uses "Latinx" and is not-so-subtly racist against Spanish-speaking immigrants.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jose posted:

i'm going to meet my wife on the app: the something awful app

Congrats, but we can't let you reproduce. Chemical castration for the both of you.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al! posted:

i met my wife the normal way: creeping on her at work

Office Jim outing himself

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al! posted:

since tv shows arent real life i simply asked her out immediately and we're coming up on our 10th anniversary

Uh huh...

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

External Organs posted:

My wife had good sentence structure and punctuation in her okcupid profile and only lived 45 minutes away. Living in a rural area ftw.

lol, mine lived a little closer than that but otherwise :same:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

wasn't there actually some dating offsite or subforum for goons to date at some point?

oh god

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jose posted:

ar eyou thinking of the awful yearbook that had a TBB mod get permabanned years later when this got brought up

:wow:

I realize 2008 was a different time for these forums but...

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

This might be an unpopular opinion: DEI is absolute poo poo and from my experience most of the people leading the charge with it are just self hating white people or a minority race person who has a bone to pick with whiteys. I was one of two white guys hired by white owners at a company that put forth a big DEI push, and my first day was during DEI training about how we "need to do better". Motherfuckers, if you wanna do better maybe don't guilt the people you just hired into feeling like they're a part of the problem instead of the leadership being the problem. There can be equity and equality without the expense of meeting arbitrary quotas that don't fit the actual/accurate regional ethnic diversity. The majority of companies I've interacted with that push DEI have horribly skewed staff leaning towards white (or go the opposite direction where the staff is ONLY PoC), whereas the companies that don't give a poo poo about DEI just hire everybody and anybody that's qualified regardless of racial bias.

Both self hating whiteys and minorities with a bone to pick are awful people to work for and are loving idiots imo.

Ahahahaha, I thought this was a The Saurus post from 2016 but NOPE.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lumpentroll posted:

almost empty quoted a gbs post

That would have been EMBARRASSING.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

the syqxer is a badge of achievement most can't hope to attain

It was a drat good syq. It takes experience and a keen eye to know when you've got a perfect syq on your hands.:hai:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

my gf wanted to go to a church this morning because of Easter so im taking her to the Greek Orthodox one, where it's not Easter until May :twisted:

Greek Easter's one you definitely want to go to at least once though. It's long as poo poo but it's genuinely spectacular. A+ for showmanship.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

it's pretty incredible, came home at 2 am last year

I don't mind going from time to time, it makes her feel better and at the orthodox one there isn't much of a sermon. it's mostly chanting in Greek for an hour and a half. the worst part is standing up most of that time but there is something to look at with all the icons and murals (never been to one one but I assume there isn't much to look at in a protestant church). interesting rituals to observe and incense. there is a type of beauty to observe that is unique in this capitalist hellhole.

I got a little enthusiastic about the whole thing for a month or two when i was unemployed. that coincided with the two months i was on ssris and faded away after that. it's nice to be around a bunch of people though and there's Greek food pretty often.

I try not to think about the bad parts

Yeah, exactly! I was tempted to convert to Greek Orthodoxy a few years back, but I didn’t want to go all Rod Dreher, lol

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jose posted:

lol at believing in god

That’s right, get my rear end.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Precambrian Video Games posted:

My parents tried to raise me orthodox but forgot to employ any effective tactics, not even guilt really.

Also going back to the motherland and hearing priests in some remote village whose population is halving every decade talk about how they're tithing peasants' meagre pensions to build a new church while they all drive black Mercedes and BMWs to their tax-free mountain resorts was a little offputting.

That’ll do it all right.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

The great algorithm is now recommending me a down's syndrome man who does horror movie reviews

Now now, be nice to RLM. They have enough problems as it is.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I call the sex chair I made recently the Corsi Cube.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
What a good boy.:3:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

koos is responsible for every tragedy in human history except 9/11

The only cool one...:pathetic:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lol butts are hilarious

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

gay the witchcraft thread

Those drat witches, trying to turn our sexy gays straight. BURN THEM!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al! posted:

this thread is the suck zone

Succin and fuccin is all we crave

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
We can't allow Koos to keep the I/P thread closed. Otherwise where will we mine for the choicest SYQs?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Haaaa, get wrecked Kalit

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

Fluffdaddy ftw

His solution is the one that is going to create considerably more unnecessary work for the DnD mod team than was already the case.

lol lmfao, well played Fluff.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

how does not reopening the thread create more work for them? wasnt it generating like 1000 reports? o_o

There's just gonna be the same amount of irate posting in USCE (or elsewhere), guaranteed.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

it doesnt take a lot of moderation effort to just ban people who complain though.

Yeah but I also don't buy that it would have taken that much work to staunch the bleeding in the I/P thread as it stood. There just has to be the will to do the needful, ie: forumban the worst posters, say "no more whataboutisms wrt Xinjiang," etc. But there wasn't, so here we are.

Anyway, I could be wrong and there's been sufficient spleen-venting for everyone to calm down. But we'll see!

quote:

also - i didn't read his final post as "the thread will stay closed forever, period" - just as long as koos wanted it to stay closed anyways.

True, we'll see how long that takes.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Did you lose your taste buds in an unfortunate accident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

aw frig aw dang it posted:

you - plebs eating things dug out of the ground
me - enlightened, eating sandwiches made from flowers closer to god

Like Wimp-Lo, God taught you wrong as a joke.