Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The signatures are good but you need to post normally and possibly even well so that it's just the sig driving people nuts. If your post is poo poo and then you sign it you're not doing anything besides acting weird.

-Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Al! posted:

god the next time someone refers to themselves as poly im just going to call them a swinger, that was a better name anyway

You'll get a ten minute rant about the conservative institution of marriage and it will be very funny

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Here's one for hoot

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1085269131165863938

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You can't refuse a gift

-gum

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pardon me but would you have any grey poupon?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's a good one

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

When did I get the medivel owl back?

I liked the old one, big mistake by some idiot to change it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Of course you do. You are a goblin.

It's a good hat hoot

Also if anyone has an opinion on a thread or other posters that isn't "it doesn't matter" they should probably be put under some sort of observation for safety.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Someone complained about how the evil CSPAM politics posters ruined trad games, a hobby that has never ever before had to deal with the stupidest political brain possible.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

At some point you need to stop playing the game or else the mocking just becomes sad. They never stopped

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

You shovel the spot. You get the spot.

And then someone asks "for how long?" and then the fists start flying.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vbucks are a good currency store due to inflation

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Thinking that your existence makes everyone mad comes from a place of low self esteem, you matter and people like you

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

he also showed me a dict comprehension, asked me what it does, i said oh thats a list comprehension it does X, he was like would you like to try again. brutalized

You're lucky you bombed that one, those are psycho questions.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wait, they're discussing the Uyghurs because China hosted the Hugos and a the voting was all hosed up, a thing that happens every year with the Hugos because it has a bunch of reactionary weirdos in charge of it, but this year it has to be evil Chinese interference? Incredible.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

genericnick posted:

That's nothing compared to when Putin rigged Eurovision.

They've hosed with Xiran Jay Zhao multiple times but this time it must be because of China! and not because the Hugos make the Academy Awards look progrssive.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

She's the lady

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

We have so many threads and it's confusing and I can't keep track of which genocide is real and which is fake because it changes from thread to thread

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Best called shot of my life

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Addicted to being mad that people don't give the Democrats enough credit, what a life

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Funny little guy having a rough day. Just a tough day for the funny little guys

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mellow is American

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good, oh Lord, please don't let me be Misunderstood

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hoot sheepishly trying to show his coworkers a Fortnite stream and they just ask if he's seen the latest tent revival bloopers collection

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I have no problem with them, I've never even met one! is a line in the Finnish national anthem.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Re-Open the white people thread, OP just can't handle the truth and thinks you can be racist to white people

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hey, I think your vibes are right but they're not wrong that you write like you're having a mental break. They would still call you schizophrenic if you were presenting your ideas in a coherent manner but also you're currently expressing them in hard to parse run on sentences and presenting them as novel and unique observations when lots of people have written about and have thoughts on the idea that as the world has become more complicated we've done more and more to retreat into fantasy worlds that give us a sense that we control and understand it all. It's also not a uniquely American or Western phenomenon.

Uh so yeah, good vibes but read some books you can reference and refine those ideas into something you can express in a way that isn't run on disjointed sentences

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm just saying go watch Hypernormalisation and repeat that poo poo back to D&D like they're your own thoughts. It's the only language they understand.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I beg many of you to just stop reading and interacting with people on this site who reply "source" if you say "people from Asia are humans."

Slippery slope to acknowledging white people are human, I don't think so.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Prester was also pretty much right, the ideas just were not as novel as they thought

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Just the second one. That China poo poo is crazy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I mostly just remember their narrativist stuff which is my favorite type of crank writing. Take a real and well studied thing, invent a bunch of new terms for it, sprinkle in a few of your own ideas, and bingo boingo you got yourself an entirely new radical idea no one has ever come up with before.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I like to imagine hoots anti drug posts are one of his tent revivalist coworkers getting to his phone in the lunch room

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Your brain is made of drugs, sorry to inform you of this.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

loquacius posted:

I think sativa vs indica is real, and there's pretty obviously observable differences in quality and effect based on your source, but agreed that the complex science they've made of it is mostly bullshit bc your exact experience is way too dependent on your mindset at time of smoking to be as finely calibrated as they make it out to be. Like, you're gonna get more anxious if you have something to be anxious about and more relaxed if you don't. Anyone comparing it to wine is absolutely just trying to game the marketing

Yeah, my experience is that sativa vs indica at least has some truth to it while also being vague and inexact but everything else is nonsense. Different strains are different experiences but my experience with one won't really tell you your experience.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Zodium posted:

lmfao. koos ftw

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao at the al-saqr ban. Sure glad these rules apply to d&d, pyf, and gbs!

It's very important that whiny Europeans get to talk about killing Trump, they deserve it, it's hard living with him alive

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

yep. he should probably not post so worked up. most of his bans are just for too much cringe. i dont thik anyone actualy cares about the death stuff

It's not that cringe when so much of the politics posting on this website is people millions miles away going

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

cspam goons can’t make a QCS OP with a drat lol. completely oblivious to how to operate in bad faith, no wonder they get so mad at D&D.

Making a prediction we're getting some version of "that psycho poo poo is against the rules. Shut up broke brain politics loser"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

even that is more of a response than it deserves lol

Oh yeah but it's fun to talk when you're red hot

Oh hey look