Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

mags posted:

im pretty dumb and oblivious in the best of times so it felt like i just woke up one day realizing it wasnt fun to post there and no one who i liked was left anymore to post with

Feeling this way now most days :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I see people getting cocky doing lovely riffs and there's no one to cruelly reign them in

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Been up for a bit, going out of the city for breakfast later this morning (stupid place doesn't even open for another 2 hours) but what I'd really like right now is a loving pizza

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

5 avs since Friday.
Jeff you are welcome. Can I have archives for free?

Apparently archives is not lost when you are banned. Now if I could just remember my old password I could be having laughs from 2001

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i would simply change the name of the goldmine to the gasmine

Ironically it wouldn't affect the quality of the threads collated there. Can't remember the last actual funny thread to end up in the goldmine

loquacius posted:

the goldmine is super low-effort for its purpose IMO

at the very least each goldmined thread should have a blurb edited into the OP explaining why it was goldmined and what page to look for the funny part on

It really puts into stark relief how badly mods suck at knowing a) what's funny or b) the appropriate time to wrap up a discussion

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

loquacius posted:

It's a standard pint glass and I put in a 12oz can of tonic and the rest is gin, so I guess it's about 2.5 shots???

my G&T mixing is not on trial here, I wanted to know if anyone had used this thing the zoomers like and I guess not :colbert:

e: a little more come to think of it, I rarely get the whole can in there

At this point it's the sugar in the tonic making you ill. Rule of thumb should be 1:2 gin to tonic plus your citrus (lemon or lime only). Add a shake of bitters of your choice to make it "fun". So one can of tonic should make three doubles. For heaven's sake, use a shorter glass and savor the flavor (unless it's Bombay, or another such lesser gin fit only to clean windows :lofty:)

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Smythe posted:

there has got to be a better way to get laundry quarters than standing in line at this loving bank

I think there is still a Coinstar machine at Safeway. Surely it will produce the requisite coins as per its name

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

My first ever job was working in a hotel part of a larger chain. Extremely chill

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Thanks whoever mentioned Bread and Roses (very bad name for a website) because it makes sense now where these posts and posters come from

Flournival Dixon posted:

I think it's good to be nice to al-saqr because he lives in the middle east under one of the lovely regimes that help the us and israel murder and oppress people and has a lot more in common with them than we do but also i think it's good to keep in mind that neither he nor us are the ones who are fighting and dying to resist it, and maybe should be a little considerate of what it actually means to do so and how best to manage that fight. Most of us benefit from the american empire pretty significantly even if we'd rather have it destroyed.

i still hope someone destroys this worthless genocidal apartheid state asap

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

What are all those medals for? They haven't fought a war in like 70 years :confused:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Al! posted:

lc readers eating this week

:yum:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Vox Nihili posted:

Yep. There it is.

Nice.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Mr. Trump, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway Tesla. Why are you so popular

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

rob zombie was in one of the bad twisted metal games, he drove the dragula

It's actually the Munster Koach. The Dragula is a different car

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Al! posted:

im really not sure we should be saying b*ckpilled

I say "buck broken" like "myth busted"

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Weka posted:

Often?

You wouldn't believe what doesn't get posted here!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Is there no feedback thread currently? I don't know where I would register my displeasure at reading the Wikipedia articles for video games wherein they treat lesser, later portable releases with equal seriousness and detail as the original correct versions of the game (Super Mario 64 and the DS version, DKC and their GBA remakes, etc.) Also say were I reading about Vice City I could give a gently caress about Vice City Stories, a fake game for the PSP that is meaningless to those of us who played the actual game only...

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Hmm, no one asking themselves if perhaps it's ableist to tell a non-platinum user to send PMs? :o:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

oj simpson will return

Good! I liked OJ. Very disarming, affable man done dirty by a corrupt media apparatus despite being exonerated by the system

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

You know what really grinds my gears? The song "drat it feels good to be a gangsta" doesn't actually talk about doing gangsta things. You'd think they'd be rapping about blasting fools or killing people for stepping on your shoes but instead it's about other stuff, like in the community. Pretty weak lyrically if you ask me

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I feel like there was a vibe shift and everything's hosed now with regards to posting

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

ArmedZombie posted:

always has been

I'm sure similar things have happened in the past but this is different, I haven't encountered it in the time I've been posting in the places I've been posting. But noticing fewer good posts overall, fewer laughs per the volume of riffs, weird attitude of posters in general becoming more combative and awkward with one another. Good posters disappearing and reregs appearing for posters that should have stayed gone. Don't like a lot of the sentiments being expressed. I feel like my own output is down, in part due to the conditions that would act as an incubator for me making the kind of posts I would consider good no longer existing, like the Golden Toad. :frog: Sad!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Belted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Trump is the funniest thing about any Trump presidency, nobody has actually made a funny joke about him