Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

even if it had been kids shooting each other that's a p. weird police response tho.

bunch of cops having a huge party at the mall and getting paid overtime for it? seems like a very logical response, from the cops perspective, to me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
orange julius & big pretzel stores completely packed with cops. the nordrom is bustling. retail is saved

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
you can avoid the gas chamber probe by simply moving the thread to the chamber. but this also circumvents the “glory hole” gassed thread counter increment I think. plus it’s less satisfying than clicking the gas button

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
just took a little nap in the computer chair. sun got me on. 20 mins

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

speng31b posted:

my dog does this whenever he catches a sunbeam on his head

it feels good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

sun should be nowhere near a computer chair

it should go on the chair but avoid the monitor. this can be accomplished with blinds

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Someone complained about how the evil CSPAM politics posters ruined trad games, a hobby that has never ever before had to deal with the stupidest political brain possible.

trad games has been rife with some of the craziest motherfuckers on this forum for many, many years.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

:tipshat:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

how did the blizzlols thread get so bad

i tried to gas it years ago homie

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
idk when it was but i was trying to wrangle a really stupid / annoying qcs thread with a bunch of the stupidest mother fuckers in the world. going thru it i thoughjt "who the gently caress are these peop[le?? where do they come from???" and they were blizzlolz people. then i read the thread and was sickened by what i saw....

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
blillzlolz WOKES "hate reading" this thread, i see you, and this is what i have to say 2 u: 🖕

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Buck Wildman posted:

I liked playing as a witch doctor and throwing jars of spiders at people

d3 was bad and d4 was mid cept the cinematics were tight. d3 had some cool cutscenes too i guess, the heaven ones were cool - very shiny

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dont understand why the stupid numbers are so big in d4. OH LOOK I HIT FOR ONE TRILLION. stupid.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this is from the FIRST 1.10 D2 ladder in 2003:

READ IT N WEEP

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
sometimes i remember & lol @ this post:

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

OP, mewling]: "im concerned about a violent radicalized culture festering in CSPAM, somewhere probably"

extremely badass Games poster]: The owner of Something Awful should be executed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

my_custom_username posted:

This was a big thing in WoW, the power levels got so ridiculous over the expansions till about Warlords of Draenor where they had to squish all the stats because the numbers were getting comically huge. A lot of people got mad when it happened

its so stupid

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

the edit to the op of that thread really is something else

some of the dumbest fuckers on this site to be sure

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

aw frig aw dang it posted:

bc big numbers kick rear end? ez answer

if the numbers start so big there's nowhere for the power creep to go. in UO i'd poo poo a brick if my flamestrike hit for 70.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

copy posted:

ukraine war style of poster was epic

a glorious time for the peanut gallery indeed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

:wow:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
people in jersey have been calling dibs by filling their parking spot with lawn chairs and garbage for decades

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

thats whats up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

docbeard posted:

Oh right deductibles reset at the start of the year so now my $35 pills cost $600 instead

i think thats too much

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Steak dinner night. Drenched in butter, midwest grassfed beef, marinated 24 hours, melt in the mouth delicious.

I'm going to have a coronary

drat soubnds great. im jealous

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

And then someone asks "for how long?" and then the fists start flying.

one time there was a big white lexus parked across the driveway to my apartment parking lot. 10 units. im pulling out and get stuck, the gate car-crusher stopper is broken but im a genius so i get out and pull the clutch on the gate so it doesn't add some more "customization" to my fine vehicle. anyways i go into the nearby upscale biz where im certain the driver is and inquire. a very attractive asian woman says yes its my car. i say well im leaving my apartment and youre blocking the driveway. she says oh how long are you going to be. i say well im leaving for the night but there are 10 units so people are gonna be coming and going all night... i'd suggest not parking there. 20 mins later the neighbor group chat beeps "WHAT STUPID rear end in a top hat IS BLOCKING THE LOT??"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

that parked car would get 360 degrees of freestyle artistic engraving in most apartment complexes

im a man of the community

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
never watched deadwood before (big mistake) and now that im powerwatching it im beginning to involuntarily mimic the surly cadence of those pioneer types...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

it's so good.

loved calam jane & also swearingen.

p[retty crazy to think how not long ago that stuff was!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
its winter so i put a little "aveno" hand lotion on my hands, otherwise my knuckles crack and bleed. its cool. feels good. very smooth.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
thank you for the new av kind stranger :tipshat:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

all thanks to your excellent wizard wednesday contributions. cheers

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

fosborb posted:

nearly the someone quoted me color too. bit of serotonin every time I see your new av

yes!! a gift to all

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DaysBefore posted:

Nice av. Self portrait of smythe napping in a sunbeam

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
cat is laying in the sun under the computer chair as we speak. very close to the wheels. brave cat. havent run it over yet but one day i will, and the noise it makes will be harrowing

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

Brain power committed to various functions:

Work: [++______]

Thinking bout next meal: [+++_____]

Making sure not to squish cat: [+++++___]

very accurate

lobster shirt posted:

the only time my cats like to sit in my lap is when i am in a meeting -__-

do you show the ppl in the meeting? i do. interrupt people to do it too. "HEY. LOOK AT THIS CAT"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

got new kitchen knives for christmas and today I sliced the hell out of my thumb while cutting something and boy was it a bleeder

reading this makes my skin crawl

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I use a whetstone and honing rod to make the worlds cheapest shittiest knives razor sharp. I sharpen them every so often while listening to podcasts. cheers

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

aw frig aw dang it posted:

You have been visited by the good sleep IK. You will have 5 hours and 45 minutes of sleep but only if you comment "User loses posting privileges for 6 hours."

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lpzie posted:

frank columbo

FTW