Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the HOA isn't going to like that spire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FirstnameLastname posted:

someone shot& killed someone at the jack in the box down the street from me yesterday, didn't get caught & sounds like they're running from the cops or something now, hella sirens love this country

the real crime is the price of a jumbo jack these days!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

loquacius posted:

Just got off the phone with an urgent care nurse who was very patient but clearly thought I was a hypochondriac wasting her time with hantavirus questions lol

Thought an open garage door on a garage that sees regular use was probably enough circulation, used the phrase "very very very rare" multiple times in a 5-minute conversation, etc

but if I die I'll let you guys know and we can set the counter back to zero

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i get like 4 vapes delivered every six months or so. cheapest it's ever been and comes to my doorstep, no having to hang out with the guy and watch antiques roadshow for an hour until it's polite to leave

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lib and let die posted:

she's also capital-T Texan

country girls make do

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

china seems really good at building railroads and really bad at exterminating whole peoples. what gives

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

china has passed the Honky Exclusion Act

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lpzie posted:

I learned a lot about grasses cause I do it as a hobby to get some physical exercise and sunlight with Luna. I guess when it's your job you kinda don't care? if this was Japan that guy would be a world class master. but in America? he's a jabroni

lawncare as green restistance

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

do hinge exercises, goons, i'm begging u

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

its funny to see people in younger than me in parenting groups complaining about how giving their kids baths hurts their backs so much and its just like if you simply performed the exercises of squat and deadlift your back would not trouble you

dude my friends are just falling the gently caress apart, it's crazy. their 40s are going to be a disaster

lift weights

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It makes me laugh so much to imagine going to a doctor and having them say "for the love of God, stop exercising"

went to a GI doc yesterday who gave me the full up-and-down look and said "well you aren't overweight" and it was kinda hot

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm a toe-walker so my calves are incredible

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

wait, you've buried the lede here; how did your wife get 2 broken legs while pregnant?

lobster shirt posted:

also one time at the climbing gym i saw someone FORGET to clip into the auto belay, climb up a 30 foot wall, and let go, plunging to the ground.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

simply buy some polished rocks from Home Depot… put em in 20 bags, 10lb each then put that in a canvas bag. There your exercise that won’t gently caress u up, yor welcome

mandelbaum! mandelbaum! mandelbaum!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Hatebag posted:

my city has these outdoor weightlifting things where you can do bodyweight exercises and some other set weight exercises. you can get a pretty gentle workout on those and then go for a run, pretty cool

they're badass, i used to do pullups and dips at my neighborhood one before a rotator cuff injury on said parallel dip bars

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

heartily recommend the SNOO crib btw, really helped out in those early infancy nights

goddamn that thing is two thousand dollars

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

a dicey climbing situation in which injury was thankfully avoided was, a few years ago i went outdoor climbing in the pacific northwest, due to a series of stupid miscommunications a rope (not cheap!) was stuck up in the anchor at the top of a climb, about 35 or 40 feet up. to get it down, my friend and i hiked around the back to get to the edge of the wall, but the last 5 or so feet were sloped downwards and covered in extremely slippery algae or something. bad fall risk. but we cant leave the rope there! so my friend and i used like 20 carabiners to clip our harnesses together, and i acted as an anchor by wrapping my arms and legs around a big tree, so my friend carefully went down on all fours to get to the anchor and rope. luckily he did not slip, got the rope out of the anchors, and then went back up.

i wonder if me holding onto a tree would have actually worked if he slipped. probably the most dangerous thing i have done lol. we were also like an hour away from our cars and had no phone reception so this could potentially have ended very badly. cant do stuff like this anymore now that i have kids.

my first and last time rappelling was in cuatrocienegas, coahuila. a local friend brought me out to this canyon with a drill and some rope. never having rappelled before, i drilled my own hole into the bare rock, hammered in a ring, tied it off and rappelled down a 65m (215 ft) cliff. i couldn't do the bouncing method off the face while going down because my legs were jelly. i've never been so scared in my life

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

i have never slipped on ice when drunk only when sober. exceedingly strange.

the guy who invented the fremen sand walk was just wasted

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bedpan posted:

why walk when you can ride?

drunk wormriding may kill a lot of people, but it also helps a lot of people raid carthag on time, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

surely you can work the report queue while probed

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

did y'all think i was unaware this was a ridiculous price? goons, honestly

"why yes i am a mark, you're right"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Incredibly, you can't

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

the calmest hitlers: those who will piss-n-moan when they're not able to march posters into the ovens while probated.

sixer...six million...hmm...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my name is M C Magic and i'm here to say
i understand politics in a major way

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

e: ^^^^ great minds

well my name's mc magic and i'm here to say
my posts fuckin suck in a libbish way

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

haytler

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

have we got any dominican posters in cspam?

jesuits rule, bitch

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm bringing flowers to the procedure on the 8th

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I buy $8 amazon essentials mice until the glue on the side panels starts leaking then I buy a new one

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

crepeface posted:

that's some sicko poo poo. where's your pride in your rig

bruh i just popped open sh/sc for the first time in years to look at the pc building thread

i'm currently rocking hand-me-downs: i7-9700, 16gb ram, gtx1070. i'm sick of upgrading piecemeal though and am considering waiting like six months and getting a prebuilt

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

we're attending a wedding in a couple of weeks in nola and i'm stoked for the post-wedding crawfish boil

they're really expensive this year due to drought, the governor already declared a state emergency about it lol

hell yeah time for linen suits

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

selec posted:

you know you could probably get the death rate on Everest down by just legally mandating entrance interviews/short video and then official exit status tracking. gamify that poo poo for viewers, let us bet on the dentist from Aspen freezing to death. I think if you make the people doing it aware of all the rest of us knowing their eventual status, to make it impossible to be an individualist journey where you get to decide what it means for you and you alone might cut the legs out from under that whole spectacle.
this would rule. I could set up a fantasy team

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wasbippen

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

Wizard Wednesday

wizard plaster

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

titty_baby_ posted:

theyre really tall

one of my friends in college was dutch and he was 5'4". he said it sucks being short in the US but it was basically the worst thing in the world back home. at least here you'd be eye-level with women

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm trying to plan a vacation sometime this summer or fall and think i've settled on mexico city. i'd like to do portugal-spain-southern france sometime but i can't find a deal on plane tickets

bogota is also cheap but it's further away and i'm really wanting something at high altitude anyway so i think i'mma do mexico city for a solid week. stupid peso is too strong

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

valley girl. surfer dude

the cali accent has never been more popular. it's standard suburban now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

I drove all the way to the top of York for some Royal Air Force strange and dove all the way back down that same weekend.

worth it tho??