Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Note that the Road To show on the 31st with the provisional KOPW defense is *not* on the streaming schedule. I'm sure that will be uploaded on its own

There is one Road To Sakura Genesis show that will be streamed live and in its entirety, predictably from Korakuen Hall.

Road to SAKURA GENESIS
April 3rd at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST/18:30 JST
Korakuen Hall

Shoma Kato and Katsuay Murashima vs. House of Torture (EVIL and Yujiro Takahashi)
YTR, Yano, TMIV, Taguchi, and Oleg vs. J5G (SANADA, Taichi, Uemura, DOUKI, and TAkA)
YOSHI-HASHI and El Desperado vs. Bullet Club (Chase Owens and Taiji Ishimori
Gauntlet Match:International Jet Setters and Tomohiro Ishii vs. United Empire (Catch 2/2 and Callum Newman) - winner faces Bullet Club (Connors, Maloney, and Gedo)
Shingo Takagi vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Shota Umino and YOH vs. House of Torture (Ren Narita and SHO)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi vs. L.I.J (Yota Tsuji and BUSHI)

SAKURA GENESIS
April 6th at 4:00 AM EDT/9:00 BST/17:00 JST
Ryogoku Koukugikan

El Desperado and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr. and Kosei Fujita)
L.I.J (Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (David Finlay and Gedo)
J5G (SANADA, Yuya Uemura, and DOUKI) vs. United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Great-O-Khan, and Callum Newman)
IWGP Jr. Heavy Tag Championship 3 Way:BC War Dogs(c) (Clark Connors and Drilla Moloney. vs. Catch 2/2 vs. International Jet Setters
IWGP Tag Championship:Bullet Club(c) (KENTA and Chase Owens) vs. Bishamon
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship:SHO(c) vs. YOH
Special Tag Match:Jon Moxley and Shota Umino vs. House of Torture (Ren Narita and Jack Perry)
NEVER Openweight Championship:EVIL(c) vs. Shingo Takagi
IWGP World Heavyweight Championship:Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. Yota Tsuji

Thauros fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

reserved for tournament results and misc

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

lolling but also unironically delighted at Tanahhhashi immediately strapping himself up at the first opportunity

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Are they really bringing in Matt Riddle? I mean jesus christ I know Japanese companies don't even pretend to give a poo poo but even if you ignore the sexual assault claims (you should not, obviously), how many weeks until the gets stopped at the border with weed?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i anticipate zero weeks

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Are they really bringing in Matt Riddle? I mean jesus christ I know Japanese companies don't even pretend to give a poo poo but even if you ignore the sexual assault claims (you should not, obviously), how many weeks until the gets stopped at the border with weed?

I doubt he'll work in Japan.

Also I guess it might not have been made official but Shingo challenged Moxley to a match at Battle in the Valley, Mox said sure, make it no DQ.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://x.com/njpw1972/status/1743452817212465477?s=20

yeah we can add a few more matches now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Loved Wrestle Kingdom and New Year Dash, was disgusted to see Riddle is getting to make an appearance even if it is only one (edit, make that two.... ugh), am thrilled at Mox vs. Shingo, and now I see Eddie vs. Gabe Kidd too!?! :swoon:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

In a better world we could have had Tom Lawler challenging for the belt :negative:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Insane card for a US show. Eddie vs. Gabe II and Mox vs. Shingo are must-watch for me, and Okada vs. Ospreay should be okay too.

Wonder if they'll add Giulia vs. Trish Adora based on recent Stardom events? I don't see Trish taking the STRONG title off of her but we may be running out of time for alternatives.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

In a better world we could have had Tom Lawler challenging for the belt :negative:

gently caress that would be so much better :smith:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Wonder if they'll add Giulia vs. Trish Adora based on recent Stardom events? I don't see Trish taking the STRONG title off of her but we may be running out of time for alternatives.

Can't imagine Sukeban will require Guilia to drop the belt once they sign her, they let Sareee keep her SEAdLINNNG title

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my guess is riddle's partner is shelton x benjamin

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
The United Empire vs. War Dogs cage match could be an all-timer if the NYD ten-man is any indication. Give me blood and violence!

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
ground floor

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
tsuji should win the cup and then its him vs naito
would be epic

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a feud between dolph ziggler and matt riddle

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Insane card for a US show. Eddie vs. Gabe II and Mox vs. Shingo are must-watch for me, and Okada vs. Ospreay should be okay too.

It's on the card. Card per the site link in the tweet:

Matt Vandagriff vs Goldy
Viva Van vs Stephanie Vaquer
Jacob Fatu, Fred Rosser and Shota Umino vs Team Filthy (Filthy Tom Lawlor, Jorel Nelson and Royce Isaacs)
Mascara Dorada and Volador Jr vs Rocky Romero and Soberano Jr
TJP vs David Finlay
GoD (Hikuleo and El Phantasmo) defend the Strong tag titles against Bullet Club War Dogs (Alex Coughlin and Clark Connors)
Giulia defends the Strong women's title against Trish Adora
Matt Riddle and a mystery partner vs TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr and Bad Dude Tito)
Eddie Kingston defends the Continental Crown against Gabe Kidd
Shingo Takagi vs Jon Moxley in a no DQ match
Kazuchika Okada vs Will Ospreay

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Still so cool to me that SANADA got to main event the dome as the champion.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/CerooleanBlue/status/1743476202403504134?t=jgEXXfaN8flnmbhW4byd0Q&s=19

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Full card is out. We still have no details on the domestic new beginnig tour but i imagine we should have the cards soon. For anyone rediscovering the company after a hiatus Battle In the Valley will be a ppv sadly like all US shows and will stream on World live in Japan only.

Battle in The Valley
January 13th at 22:00 EST/January 14th at 3:00 GMT/12:00 JST
San Jose Civic Center

Preshow Match:Matt Vandergriff vs. Goldy
Preshow Match:Viva Van vs. Stephanie Vaquer

Main Card

Shota Umino, Fred Rosser, and Jacob Fatu vs. Team Filthy (Tom Lawlor and West Coast Wrecking Crew)
Volador Jr. and Mascara Dorada vs. Soberano Jr. and Rocky Romero
TJP vs. David Finlay
NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Championship: Guerillias of Destiny(c) (El-P and Hikuleo) vs. Bullet Club War Dogs (Clark Connors and Alex Couglin)
NJPW STRONG Women's Championship:Giulia(c) vs. Trish Adora
Matt Riddle and X vs. TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr. and Bad Dude Tito)
Continental Triple Crown:Eddie Kingston(c) vs. Gabe Kidd
No DQ:Shingo Takagi vs. Jon Moxley
Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Where's KUSHIDA gone? I felt like he came back then disappeared? Still inTNA?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

Where's KUSHIDA gone? I felt like he came back then disappeared? Still inTNA?

I think he's signed to TNA full time now but will probably show up from time to time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, TNA just signed him

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Neat. Thanks :thumbsup:

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Well, I guess I was wrong. Meltzer's saying Matt Riddle will be on the New Beginnings tour. I guess we'll see if he behaves at the airport. :sigh:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fucker posted:

tsuji should win the cup and then its him vs naito
would be epic

man yeah it would

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I think eithe4 Tsujii/Shooter or even as a dark horse Hiromu wins the cup this year

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Riddle is absolutely gonna be sticking around and probably in the G1 unless he gets kicked out of Japan. I'm confused why there wasnt any follow up with Ziggler vs Finlay

NJ Cup winner is gonna challenge the new Global title i bet

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm confused why there wasnt any follow up with Ziggler vs Finlay

They've planted some seeds

https://twitter.com/IssitaMarie/status/1742864370973941957

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Riddle is absolutely gonna be sticking around and probably in the G1 unless he gets kicked out of Japan. I'm confused why there wasnt any follow up with Ziggler vs Finlay

NJ Cup winner is gonna challenge the new Global title i bet

spoiler alert riddle's absolutely getting jailed and banned from japan

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

apophenium posted:

Well, I guess I was wrong. Meltzer's saying Matt Riddle will be on the New Beginnings tour. I guess we'll see if he behaves at the airport. :sigh:

Boo.

KungFu Grip posted:

Riddle is absolutely gonna be sticking around and probably in the G1

BOO!

apophenium posted:

unless he gets kicked out of Japan.

Inshallah.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Caught up with WK, and I have never been so mad then so happy about an ending.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

He does love a belt with a white strap.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
This is really sweet:

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1743958470250872981

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I'd guess he might do another angle with Finlay in San Jose to set up a title match at the next US show.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

spoiler alert riddle's absolutely getting jailed and banned from japan

The Mike Elgin Speed Run is ON

I cannot wait for the inevitable stories on some fan site about dryer sheets and towels being stuffed under the door at the Tokyo Dome Hotel.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
kinda old but this shot is so good. hang it in the louvre https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1742991789118599282/photo/1

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Anyone know if there is a way to clear bookmarks or 'view from start' on the new app?

Having watched WK late after someone else who uses the account had watched, every single match started from the end, which sucked somewhat

And unless I'm being dumb the only way to go back to the beginning of a match ('episode') is to just rewind back through the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1744601515879452743?t=_Gjay80Zid4TgX9Ww8n04w&s=19