Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Danielson/ZSJ :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gonna call the trios champs the cabinet. tanahashi is the president, okada head of treasury, ishii secretary of defense

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Top Ten Active Wrestlers for 2023 Thread is now up and I'm keen to get as many people making lists or thinking about their lists as early as possible, if you're so inclined!

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

"For the first time in Japan" implies that there's gonna be more times in Japan :haibrow:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

Danielson/ZSJ :stare:

Huh, well poo poo. Might have to keep World for Feb.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

On board for the TMDK double

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Are all these NJPW events on New Japan World, or is stuff like Wrestle Kingdom a seperate PPV?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Open Marriage Night posted:

Are all these NJPW events on New Japan World, or is stuff like Wrestle Kingdom a seperate PPV?

All up on NJPW world except for certain special events like those in America and interpromotional shows

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

So that one coming up this weekend won’t be on there?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Last time Japanese commentary was though I'm not sure if it was region locked

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The last American show worked fine on World through a vpn, though the audio production on the preshow was so bad I didn't end up staying up to watch it

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

the san jose show as i noted in the op will be streamed on world but geolocked to japanese ips. the legal way to watch outside of japan is ppv. all regular domestic shows are on world, collab shows like the 2022-2023 x NOAH shows are the exception.

the one i thought was bullshit was doing the STRONG korakuens as PPVs.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What the hell is going on with Tama? EVIL is listed as the Never champ on the website now?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

What the hell is going on with Tama? EVIL is listed as the Never champ on the website now?

EVIL is saying on Twitter that Tama was fired, no idea if it's storyline or what

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

https://x.com/njpwglobal/status/1745280462518665492?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's either a cute little angle or an absolutely incredible way to cover for a botch.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
lmao Chris Charlton on his laptop

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This is a very cute angle and almost certainly something come up by someone who's realised how closely these roster pages are tracked by internet weirdos

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

MJeff posted:

That's either a cute little angle or an absolutely incredible way to cover for a botch.

Both English and Japanese pages at the same time makes me think a fun joke. Njpw are adorably incompetent at times but that incompetent idk

The house are great and I mean that without irony. No wrestlers in njpw make me laugh as much.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Both English and Japanese pages at the same time makes me think a fun joke. Njpw are adorably incompetent at times but that incompetent idk

The house are great and I mean that without irony. No wrestlers in njpw make me laugh as much.

yep lol

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
That's a good bit either way.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

The stipulation and vote for O-Khan vs Ishimori is up. O-Khan wants a Bullrope Deathmatch, standard no-DQ touch all 4 corners...

Rule recap posted:

Holder: Taiji Ishimori

10 Minute Ishimori Ring Fit Match

:stare:

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

:letsgo:

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Burn Down Canberra posted:

based
house of torture ftw

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

excited for these matches but what the gently caress kind of face is Gabe making

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

excited for these matches but what the gently caress kind of face is Gabe making

Where's the fookin toilet?

I guess based on last night's Rampage the Continental Crown is all three titles. Eddie can allegedly defend them individually as well but I guess this makes it simpler.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

New Japan US show. tonight: $19.99 ppv on fite, streaming on world in Japan.

Battle in The Valley
January 13th at 22:00 EST/January 14th at 3:00 GMT/12:00 JST
San Jose Civic Center

Preshow Match:Matt Vandergriff vs. Goldy
Preshow Match:Viva Van vs. Stephanie Vaquer

Main Card

Shota Umino, Fred Rosser, and Jacob Fatu vs. Team Filthy (Tom Lawlor and West Coast Wrecking Crew)
Volador Jr. and Mascara Dorada vs. Soberano Jr. and Rocky Romero
TJP vs. David Finlay
NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Championship: Guerillias of Destiny(c) (El-P and Hikuleo) vs. Bullet Club War Dogs (Clark Connors and Alex Couglin)
NJPW STRONG Women's Championship:Giulia(c) vs. Trish Adora
Matt Riddle and X vs. TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr. and Bad Dude Tito)
Continental Triple Crown:Eddie Kingston(c) vs. Gabe Kidd
No DQ:Shingo Takagi vs. Jon Moxley
Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay

remaining January schedule:

New Beginning in Nagoya
January 20th at 3:00 EST/8:00 GMT/17:00 JST
Dolphins Arena

Kickoff Match 30 minutes before gong:Shoma Kato vs. Katsuya Murashima
Shota Umino and Tomoaki Honma vs. House Of Torture (Ren Narita and Yujiro Takahashi)
United Empire (Cobb, Henare, Catch 2/2, Newman) vs. BC War Dogs (Finlay, Coughlin, Kidd, Connors, and Maloney)
DespeWato vs. House of Torture (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and SHO)
G.o.D (El Phantasmo and Hikuleo) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA and Chase Owens)
Okada, Tana, Ishii, and Makabe vs. TMDK (ZSJ, Haste, Nicholls, and Fujita)
L.I.J (Naito, Shingo, Tsuji, Hiromu, and BUSHI) vs. Just 5 Guys (SANADA, Taichi, Uemura, DOUKI, and TAKA)
KOPW 2024 Provisional:Taiji Ishimori(h) vs. Great-O-Khan
NEVER Openweight Championship:Tama Tonga(c) vs. EVIL

Road to THE NEW BEGINNING
January 23rd at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT/18:30 JST
Korakuen Hall

Ryusuke Taguchi and Katsuya Murashima vs. YOH and Shoma Kato
United Empire (Cobb, Henare, Catch 2/2, Newman) vs. BC War Dogs (Finlay, Coughlin, Kidd, Connors, and Maloney)
G.o.D (El-P, Hikuleo, and Jado) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Chase Owens, and Taiji Ishimori)
Okada, Tana, Ishii, and Honma vs. TMDK (ZSJ, Haste, Nicholls, and Fujita)
Tama Tonga, Shota Umino, and Togi Makabe vs. House of Torture (EVIL, Ren Narita, an Yujiro Takahashi)
L.I.J (Naito, Shingo, Tsuji, Hiromu, and BUSHI) vs. Just 5 Guys (SANADA, Taichi, Uemura, DOUKI, and TAKA)
Master Wato vs. SHO
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champiobship:El Desperado(c) vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Road to THE NEW BEGINNING
January 24rd at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT/18:30 JST
Korakuen Hall

Toru Yano and Katsuya Murashima vs. Boltin Oleg and Shoma Kato
El-P, Hikuleo, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Chase Owens, and Taiji Ishimori)
Tonga, Despe, Wato, and Honma vs. House of Torture (EVIL,SHO, Yujiro, and Kanemaru)
Okada, Tana, Ishii, and TMIV vs. TMDK (ZSJ, Haste, Nicholls, and Fujita)
L.I.J (Shingo Takagi, Yota Tsuji, and BUSHI) vs. Just 5 Guys (Taichi, Yuya Uemura, and TAKA Michinoku)
L.i.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi) vs. Just 5 Guys (SANADA and DOUKI)
Shota Umino vs. Ren Narita

Thauros fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 14, 2024

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So has there been any word on Cactus Jack Perry being let go from AEW or more like it was a perfect excuse to have him go on an excursion to NJPW, what with him filing for trademarks for a lot of his former gimmicks.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jiro posted:

So has there been any word on Cactus Jack Perry being let go from AEW or more like it was a perfect excuse to have him go on an excursion to NJPW, what with him filing for trademarks for a lot of his former gimmicks.

Yes, it's angle for an excursion away from AEW.

The question is if he's only on Strong shows, does indies as well, or is going to Japan.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Does the US show show up on NJPW World down the line?

edit: oh nevermind it's there now. sweet

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 15, 2024

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The sound mixing is especially terrible on it but a fun show

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Making friends the world over

https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1746870372773908519

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Doesn't call anyone a oval office 0/10 not a real Brit

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Skarsnik posted:

The sound mixing is especially terrible on it but a fun show

Sound. The bane of good wrestling shows.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The way Mox screamed "NAITO!!!" was loving AWESOME and the pop for it tells you all you need to know.

No way he beats Naito but gently caress me it's gonna be an awesome story.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, he's not beating Naito.

...but what if he does, though?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean... April isn't that far to Forbidden Door... May is usually BOSJ so the heavyweight champ isn't even on the tour normally...

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

And like Dominion or Forbidden Door being Mox/Shooter for the title makes sense!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

And like Dominion or Forbidden Door being Mox/Shooter for the title makes sense!

Shota's beating Moxley for the title at Wrestle Kingdom in 2025, you can take that to the bank! The bank won't know what to do with it, but that's not my problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While they only put 3500 tickets on sale apparently it looks like the Chicago show has sold most or all of those according to Dave so it looks like having an actual big match to promote before tickets go on sale actually helps sell tickets!