Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Which company went from 55k to 16k? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Noah because they didn't run the Dome or a big building but I like to believe it's cause they ran an obviously hurt Ibushi vs Marufuji

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Muta's retirement tour was very profitable for Noah

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Noah, but that's due to Muto's retirement tour. With those shows excluded Noah's total is 7897, average 790

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh of course, that makes much more sense :doh:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Coughlin seemingly has confirmed he's retired.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahh jeez, that sucks. Was there a reason given?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

Ahh jeez, that sucks. Was there a reason given?

What is being said is a neck issue

He didn't so much confirm it as post md4l unless I've missed something else. Dave Finlay was very careful with his words and I think Alex will himself announce what's happening at Chicago.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

Coughlin seemingly has confirmed he's retired.

https://x.com/AlexCoughlin93/status/1771738988732199148?s=20

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
loving hell, War Dogs have been a consistent highlight

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:smith:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That's a bummer, I enjoyed him.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Yeah neck injuries are bastards

An absolute physical freak. Hope it's not going to impact on his standard of living

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:negative:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

He didn't seem to take any nasty bumps so that's out of nowhere but scary all the same geez

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

He didn't seem to take any nasty bumps so that's out of nowhere but scary all the same geez

By all reports it's not due to an injury he suffered in the cage match, but a lingering issue and he's choosing to retire before his quality of life is affected.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's sensible and hopefully it all works out for him. Gonna miss his crazy stare, loved what he was doing with War Dogs.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Note that the Road To show on the 31st with the provisional KOPW defense is *not* on the streaming schedule. I'm sure that will be uploaded on its own

There is one Road To Sakura Genesis show that will be streamed live and in its entirety, predictably from Korakuen Hall.

Road to SAKURA GENESIS
April 3rd at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST/18:30 JST
Korakuen Hall

Shoma Kato and Katsuay Murashima vs. House of Torture (EVIL and Yujiro Takahashi)
YTR, Yano, TMIV, Taguchi, and Oleg vs. J5G (SANADA, Taichi, Uemura, DOUKI, and TAkA)
YOSHI-HASHI and El Desperado vs. Bullet Club (Chase Owens and Taiji Ishimori
Gauntlet Match:International Jet Setters and Tomohiro Ishii vs. United Empire (Catch 2/2 and Callum Newman) - winner faces Bullet Club (Connors, Maloney, and Gedo)
Shingo Takagi vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Shota Umino and YOH vs. House of Torture (Ren Narita and SHO)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi vs. L.I.J (Yota Tsuji and BUSHI)

SAKURA GENESIS
April 6th at 4:00 AM EDT/9:00 BST/17:00 JST
Ryogoku Koukugikan

El Desperado and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr. and Kosei Fujita)
L.I.J (Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (David Finlay and Gedo)
J5G (SANADA, Yuya Uemura, and DOUKI) vs. United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Great-O-Khan, and Callum Newman)
IWGP Jr. Heavy Tag Championship 3 Way:BC War Dogs(c) (Clark Connors and Drilla Moloney. vs. Catch 2/2 vs. International Jet Setters
IWGP Tag Championship:Bullet Club(c) (KENTA and Chase Owens) vs. Bishamon
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship:SHO(c) vs. YOH
Special Tag Match:Jon Moxley and Shota Umino vs. House of Torture (Ren Narita and Jack Perry)
NEVER Openweight Championship:EVIL(c) vs. Shingo Takagi
IWGP World Heavyweight Championship:Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. Yota Tsuji

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Three HoT matches in a row :negative:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Taffy Torpedo posted:

Three HoT matches in a row :negative:

And worse, a Chase Owens match before that.

On the plus-side, it's going to make it really easy for me to skip a whole lot of matches. I'll probably settle on the Jr Tag, NEVER & World HW matches. And the NEVER match will depend on other peoples takes, I'm optimistic because it's Shingo but aware that EVIL has the potential to drag it down

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/abemiho0110/status/1772095432430346291?t=5aUf5V64kCPXcjzqxkXQ_Q&s=19

Sanada killed miho

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Hmmm" is a reasonable reaction to being murdered!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Also tanga loa and gok have pitched their kopw rules for the upcoming match. Tanga loa a pretty standard last man standing match

Great okhan has pitched a 2/3 falls match. Fall one is most pins in 10 minutes, fall 2 is an eel eating contest and the third fall if needed is a strap match

Unfortunately the only way to see this match is at the venue

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I hve to imagine the eel eating portion will at least end up on twitter, that really the only part of a Tanga Loa match I have interest in in his current state

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The eel eating contest needs to be 1-0 with just 5 minutes of hamming it up.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Good interview with Jack Perry https://www.njpw1972.com/173038

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1773696623706808533?t=UzJTO4JysAZ9o8IaUp7jYA&s=19

Frontier zone match added. I suppose of note is Ayato Yoshida having his first match in njpw since 2019 I think

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That's 2AW Openweight Champion Takuro Niki!

I'd maybe have gone to put Tatsuya Hanami on the card instead of Shoki, although that's no knock on Chicharito who is a fun babyface junior. I just really enjoy Hanami.

2AW is a fun indy, even if it is a crime that Yoshida clearly has no interest in working much outside of Chiba. Even travelling to Tokyo seems an effort for him, which is a bummer because I was hoping for him in the Champion Carnival. I still think he's pretty cool.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oh wow. ayato yoshida was getting the jr shibata treatment a bit before narita ever did until the k-dojo split.

forkboy84 posted:

That's 2AW Openweight Champion Takuro Niki!

i know gently caress all about 2aw except for the fact that i know yoshida ended up on that half of the split and i read that as "haruna neko" at first which would've been quite a booking decisio

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thauros posted:

oh wow. ayato yoshida was getting the jr shibata treatment a bit before narita ever did until the k-dojo split.

i know gently caress all about 2aw except for the fact that i know yoshida ended up on that half of the split and i read that as "haruna neko" at first which would've been quite a booking decisio

I'd characterise it as more a change of management than a split: everyone who was in K Dojo when Taka's affair came out went to 2AW except TAKA. 2AW Square, their home venue and dojo location is just K Dojo's home venue Chiba Blue Field! Think the only reason they changed the name was to put some ground between him and them.

It's my favourite regional promotion in Japan, and that's almost entirely because they actually ran shows in May 2020 when almost no one else was. They've got some talented young wrestlers like Hanami, Niki, Shoki, Daiju Wakamatsu who has been in BJW as well the past few years, and Ayame Sasamura who is a woman's wrestler and had a fun tag team in SEAdLINNNG with Riki Kaiju before she retired

Unfortunately it's a pain to follow, their stuff usually doesn't appear for at least a month and it's on Nico Nico which is a pain to find when stuff airs, and the video quality is not high and the audio mix is hosed, with match sound in one channel and commentary in the other

I'm not selling it very well

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 30, 2024

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

2AW Square is such an unabashedly lovely venue, I love it. I don't watch much from there, but when I do I enjoy it (except for the aforementioned audio issues which are a hell of a drawback

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Road to Sakura Genesis show from yesterday with the KOPW match is up in world. Tanga Loa is not a great wrestler and they replaced the eel eating with gyoza eating. Jado's screaming was the most entertaining part of the whole thing tbh

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Dang I wanted eels

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
what was wrong with eels? couldn't prepare it in time?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The whole thing was supposed to be about the local delicacy! Gedo has finally gone too far :argh:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1774980068114415948

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1774980319092895977

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ugh, I thought Zack had successfully managed to avoid having to sully himself with Matt Riddle. Gross.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

I thought they booked Marty Scurrl for a second there. Glad there's only one sex pest in these announcements that I know of!

AZM vs. Vacquer could be rad.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Jerusalem posted:

Ugh, I thought Zack had successfully managed to avoid having to sully himself with Matt Riddle. Gross.

Still being punished by President Tana after getting bullied by him so many times I see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Chinston Wurchill posted:

AZM vs. Vacquer could be rad.

Yeah, that's a potentially incredible match up. Stephanie needs some stardom belts to add to her collection.