Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, I pitched Mox winning and Shota being the guy to take it off him as his crowning as the next top guy too. Is this a risk? Yes, but with the exit of Ospreay and Okada and the last few years? They need to take risks, take big swings if they're gonna set things up for when Naito's knees (or eyes/etc) finally give out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Naito is like if 2024 Steve Austin was still a full timer

Of course you don't entrust a top title to him for more than a few months

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Naito with a title shot at the Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima will do just as much if not more business than Naito defending the title at the Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima. Putting one of the young guys over the extremely menacing foreigner Jon Moxley lets NJPW get their rising stars on the map without having to put them over one of the few remaining Japanese stars. New Japan is going to be fine. I understand the nervousness, but they'll be fine. You can shoot me in the streets if I'm wrong.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

fez_machine posted:

come to Ichigaya papi

Mox entering the Chocolate Square by scrambling through the window

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

They may or may not be fine but I won't be watching it

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I really love how the NJPWWorld app on Apple TV breaks all the shows into match chapters.

What a concept. You’d think Peacock or ROH Honor Club would’ve figured that out by now.

Edit: watching the show now and I’m an unashamed Viva Van mark and I have only been introduced to Mina Shirakawa recently and I am totally into her. It’s a shame StardomWorld refuses to accept my credit card info because I’d love to see more of her.

a dumb moron fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 13, 2024

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

If the worst offenses of Inokiism didn't kill New Japan, Mox being champ for like three months won't either.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Stephanie Vaquer rules and I don’t know who AZM is but she seems cool and I like her bangs.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i hear mox is champion so i will be re subbing to njpw world. Did they ever put the old stuff back up?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Power Windows posted:

Naito is like if 2024 Steve Austin was still a full timer

Of course you don't entrust a top title to him for more than a few months

Yeah I think this is something people have forgotten about and I wonder played into the decision to switch the title. Everyone has openly admitted his eyesight has him on a clock and while I think Charlton mentioned it to build up the match the Milano comparison is telling. So I do wonder if part of the reason they did the switch here is that Naito said he couldn't do a long reign

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

i hear mox is champion so i will be re subbing to njpw world. Did they ever put the old stuff back up?

They're gradually adding back but I don't know if they even announce when they add stuff or have a timetable for getting things back up. They posted a lot of Yutaka Yoshie and Akebono matches after they died.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah I think this is something people have forgotten about and I wonder played into the decision to switch the title. Everyone has openly admitted his eyesight has him on a clock and while I think Charlton mentioned it to build up the match the Milano comparison is telling. So I do wonder if part of the reason they did the switch here is that Naito said he couldn't do a long reign

Wait, what's going on with Naito's eyesight?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

CombineThresher posted:

Wait, what's going on with Naito's eyesight?

Naito has had superior oblique palsy since 2019 and has multiple surgery's to fix it and by most reports the last one was only a temporary fix

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Naito has had superior oblique palsy since 2019 and has multiple surgery's to fix it and by most reports the last one was only a temporary fix

Jesus, I had no idea. You'd never know it from watching him wrestle.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Suplex Liberace posted:

I didn’t realize they removed old stuff. How much was removed? That’s lame.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/DrainBamager/status/1779185726418256311

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I don't know how New Japan will recover from this.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
not that surprising (I seriously doubt Mox would even want the belt if he wasn't able to commit to a reign), but still great to get confirmation

I think we're in for some really special moments with him in NJ over the next couple months

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wondering if now should be the time I get back into New Japan. I was driven away by Evil and just getting overall burned out, I think, but is everything better now? I need something to have on the tv when I do the stationary bike after work.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They have some fun stuff happening and even if you're AEW-exclusive usually, you'll probably get something out of knowing who's doing what going into Forbidden Door.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

a dumb moron posted:

I didn’t realize they removed old stuff. How much was removed? That’s lame.

I haven't looked into it specifically but a lot. Last time I checked even recent G1s only included finals.

a dumb moron posted:

Stephanie Vaquer rules and I don’t know who AZM is but she seems cool and I like her bangs.

AZM is a ten-year veteran and she's 21. She's extremely good. Vacquer is indeed cool and I'm glad she stuck around after her great match with Mercedes last year. Alex Windsor is a good addition to the women's division too!

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
First-time NJPW watcher, here. Big sorry about AEW sonning your promotion! Can’t say it was boring, though.

Stephanie Vaquer rules and I want to see her do more cool matches. Has she wrestled in the U.S. before?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
only the odd appearance here and there, she mainly works for CMLL

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Barry Bluejeans posted:

only the odd appearance here and there, she mainly works for CMLL

I have seen her match with Giulia and the Dos Leyendas match as well as this one and they were good. Based off these three matches I think she could be the next to get AEW bucks if that’s something she wants.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
Does this make Mox the first to hold the top title in WWE, AEW and NJPW?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Quid posted:

Does this make Mox the first to hold the top title in WWE, AEW and NJPW?

Yes. AJ has held the WWE, TNA, and NJPW titles but Mox is the first to do this particular combination.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Hogan also had a similar triple crown with his WWF/WCW/IWGP reigns

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finally the Naito reign of terror is over

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Hogan also had a similar triple crown with his WWF/WCW/IWGP reigns

Original IWGP might not count as it was the tournament-based one.

Also, if we can do two big American companies and one big Japanese company, we can do it the other way around and give it to Vader as well (IGWP, WCW, Triple Crown)

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Weird mox is doing dontaku but not defending the title there

Unless there has been a mix up with the order of the dates.

I can also understand the bookers logic of ren in the US because it's a good showcase for Narita. I actually think Ren got a lot out of yesterday with the Suzuki match and looking like a boss when he attacked mox (love Moxs reply to Ren too)

They also had really good chemistry in the preview match at genesis.

It just leaves a dontaku double header pretty light on title matches.

Also the kizuna road tour isn't on the calendar. Do they mean the soul tour that's been recently added.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Weird mox is doing dontaku but not defending the title there

Unless there has been a mix up with the order of the dates.

I can also understand the bookers logic of ren in the US because it's a good showcase for Narita. I actually think Ren got a lot out of yesterday with the Suzuki match and looking like a boss when he attacked mox (love Moxs reply to Ren too)

They also had really good chemistry in the preview match at genesis.

It just leaves a dontaku double header pretty light on title matches.

Also the kizuna road tour isn't on the calendar. Do they mean the soul tour that's been recently added.

Might be waiting to see how the Taiwan show goes before announcing Nemeth vs Tana for one of them?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Might be waiting to see how the Taiwan show goes before announcing Nemeth vs Tana for one of them?

Yeah I'd have to assume nic will be defending

Speaking of that Taiwan show I'm pretty excited for that. Douki v fujita has been a match I've been excited for since it got announced.

But I've been really enjoying hanako lately in stardom and think it's cool she gets this showcase match. She's really inexperienced. Still in the young lion range of matches wrestled but there is a lot of potential there.

I think that's on at about 7pm my time tonight

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

apophenium posted:

They're gradually adding back but I don't know if they even announce when they add stuff or have a timetable for getting things back up. They posted a lot of Yutaka Yoshie and Akebono matches after they died.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I haven't looked into it specifically but a lot. Last time I checked even recent G1s only included finals.

well nevermind then

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Well that’s lame wtf NJPW

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Totally slipped my mind since it's not on the puro schedule but the Taiwan show started about an hour ago where they'll be crowning new 6-man champs

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Yeah I'm watching it now

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kato looked really good here.

Also saw the semi final results, one was surprising, one less so :nallears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

For some reason I thought this was one of those extra paid shows!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

It's starlight kid

I always lol when hanako screams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SLK pandering to the crowd, I have no idea who Hanako is