Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1781311347768356870

Roppongi
Roppongi
Roppongi Vice...President

Between these positions and his role in CMLL Rocky is really hitting a late-career peak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I wasn't even aware that he was already VP in AEW, knew that he had some role within the company but didn't realize it was that significant

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I wasn't even aware that he was already VP in AEW, knew that he had some role within the company but didn't realize it was that significant

Rocky is basically the walking, talking Forbidden Door with strong connections in AEW, NJPW, and CMLL, making inter-promotion wrestling a real thing in the 2020s.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Kvantum posted:

Rocky is basically the walking, talking Forbidden Door with strong connections in AEW, NJPW, and CMLL, making inter-promotion wrestling a real thing in the 2020s.

Does this mean he’s single-handedly (inadvertently) keeping WWE from doing business with all them?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey give WWE credit, they're more than capable of not doing business with anyone by themselves!

Anyway, good for you, Rocky, sneaky-styled your way into a lot of paychecks!

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jerusalem posted:

Hey give WWE credit, they're more than capable of not doing business with anyone by themselves!

Anyway, good for you, Rocky, sneaky-styled your way into a lot of paychecks!

If Cutler has two, then Rocky's gotta be up to what, five, six?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
smh, Rocky so bad at office politics he couldn't use his power to book himself to be trios champ like President Ace did.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Rocky will finally get that iwgp jr heavyweight title

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I want that Roppongi snap-back so bad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Taguchi got hurt trying to avoid hitting a dog with his bike, he's been taken off all the events through Dontaku while he recovers and they hope he can still make BOSJ https://www.njpw1972.com/175274

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cursed :(

If the worst happens then at least we know Jeff Cobb is waiting by the phone for the call up

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

My dream of Ishii in BoSJ grows ever more plausible!

Get well soon Gooch, this is the most noble injury.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Poor Taguchi, but he made the right call for the sake of the dog at least :unsmith:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 20, 2024

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Taguchi got hurt trying to avoid hitting a dog with his bike, he's been taken off all the events through Dontaku while he recovers and they hope he can still make BOSJ https://www.njpw1972.com/175274

time for Ishii to replace him

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I hosed up my elbow one time the same way. Didn't KUSHIDA have to back out of a tournament cause of some dark ages seeming illness? He better be careful

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He picked up foot and mouth disease from his kid, I think?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

apophenium posted:

I hosed up my elbow one time the same way. Didn't KUSHIDA have to back out of a tournament cause of some dark ages seeming illness? He better be careful

He missed a (WK?) title shot due to hand foot and mouth disease, which seems pretty common among my friends with young children.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Ohh yeah that was it. That illness sounds way worse than it is.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
bike seat went up taguchi's rear end, out for a month

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

bike seat went up taguchi's rear end, out for a month

Lies. The seat would break first

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Back in my day a Japanese wrestler would at least have a firework up their rear end if they’re gonna do something notable on a bike. It’s like Ibushi’s career never happened smdh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Poor Taguchi, but he made the right call for the sake of the dog at least :unsmith:

Turns out that dog was a stone pitbull...

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1781881017726574636/history

IWGP title match on less than a weeks notice against a random dude. Get that belt out of AEW before Tony devalues it any further.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That'd be a neat avenue to turn Souled Out Ren Narita face, if Moxley lost the belt to some dude like a dumbass before his announced defence and Ren had to fight to bring the belt back to the company

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Stall_19 posted:

IWGP title match on less than a weeks notice against a random dude. Get that belt out of AEW before Tony devalues it any further.

EVIL has been an IWGP World Heavyweight Champion, this is hardly worse.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Better be careful guys, we wouldn't wanna devalue the belt that just spent 8 months on Sanada.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
how will NJPW ever recover from a live, nationally-televised main event defense against a worker established as an absolute monster

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EVIL's gonna be champ again

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 21, 2024

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i would be very into iwgp champion Will Hobbs

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
***mutters “I like SANADA”***

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While I doubt it'd happen and I don't want Mox to be hurt like when he lost the International title Hobbs winning than losing to Narita feels like the kinda of accident that would end up benefitting both companies

Edit: plus I'm hoping for Hobbs this may lead to some more NJPW dates and maybe the g1. Hobbs feels like he'd easily get over as a monster in Japan but also could benefit from doing a tour to get him to the next level

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 21, 2024

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Glad to see i'm not the only one thinking how this can get Souled Out Ren Narita more over

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Buddy the belt looks like it comes with an accessory and turns you into Super Sentai. The value has only been going up since Day 1.

Alternatively: oh wow imagine if that match was in a municipal arena on some internet stream. Wooooowza it would be mind blowing

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 21, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

a dumb moron posted:

***mutters “I like SANADA”***

It's OK, MJeff never really forgave New Japan for KENTA attacking Naito at Wrestle Kingdom, despite it being absolutely hilarious & the best thing KENTA has done in New Japan since he turned on Shibata & beat the poo poo out of a guy who they wouldn't clear to wrestle.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

forkboy84 posted:

It's OK, MJeff never really forgave New Japan for KENTA attacking Naito at Wrestle Kingdom, despite it being absolutely hilarious & the best thing KENTA has done in New Japan since he turned on Shibata & beat the poo poo out of a guy who they wouldn't clear to wrestle.

I don't see what me being right about that being a dumb, unnecessary angle has to do with Sanada being a lameass champion.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Well if you're wrong about one you might be...?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

can't be shocked that putting the title on an aew guy gets it treated like an aew title. lol tho.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

MJeff posted:

Better be careful guys, we wouldn't wanna devalue the belt that just spent 8 months on Sanada.

but just think about all the huge matches that belt had under his reign like (checks cagematch) a "Lumberjack Death" match vs EVIL, with a hot 1.5 snowflakes

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Personally, I think it was unnecessary for all of those lumberjacks to die. It's a vital industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
New Japan having their world title featured on US TV when they’re in the middle of selling tickets for a few US shows seems like a pretty good deal for the company, IMO!