Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thauros posted:

certainly wasn't expecting a jake lee run in

Please let the doctors check you out before you post, Mr. Naito :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God, Finlay is so lame as this character, especially with Gabe Kidd in his squad.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
If they are going to do builds for all together I'm praying to wrestle God that when fujita does the kenoh fist pose at some point on the tour kenoh shows up and attacks him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Finlay learning a valuable lesson for assaulting Hiromu with the shillelagh like that right in front of Red Shoes!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Been a high quality show

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good show, good matches, not a fan of the main event finish but what ya gonna do (brother)?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jake Lee replacing Gedo in the Elimination match in Hiroshima!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

https://twitter.com/weworkstiff/status/1782736233313218760?t=aYQK67tDkZH9lWWwG-WNuQ&s=19

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I hope this is right, because the New Japan website has it as Lee replacing Finlay, meaning Gedo would still be in!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I know that it was a dirty finish but OH MY GOD DRILLA PINNED NAITO!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Done some research and I believe this makes Yujiro Takahashi a Good Looking Guy by proxy. If anyone denies this they are intentionally spreading mistruths.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I was looking up the All Together card and the main event of the very first show under that branding is very much a "one of these things is not like the others" situation:

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Go Shiozaki & Suwama vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Takashi Sugiura, and Kenzo Suzuki

Edit: The second one is much less WTF in hindsight, as it's Tana, Suwama and Morishima vs Naito, SANADA and Go. Granted Naito and SANADA are far from the guys we know now.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 23, 2024

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Kenzo Suzuki was weirdly over in AJPW at the time iirc. I never quite got it.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1782875363749552320

Ace.........

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
"Tanahashi may have just made EVIL a Jill sandwich" is my favourite bit of NJPW commentary since the loyal Filipino cryptid line.

"Every once in a while we have one for the sickos."

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 24, 2024

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

chanting NO ACE NO ACE every time tanahashi goes up to the top rope

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Kenny was right, the fans were chanting GO, ACE not GO ACE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He gave the finish HoT deserved, it's meta-commentary actually

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
amazing that a man unable to bend his knees can generate any sort of propulsion at all

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

£525,000 for Stardom seems a steal (yes yes I know it's basically an internal accounting trick but still, they put a figure on it & made it public)

Is that money possibly from the non bushiroad partners as an aside. That would make things interesting because a minority stakeholder is everyone's favourite gif hating tv station

Njpw isn't 100% owned by br (85% owned)

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Apr 24, 2024

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
The gauntlet match from the 22nd is great and Shane Haste is an absolute delight on commentary. Check this one out in English if you have an hour to spare!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The gauntlet match from the 22nd is great and Shane Haste is an absolute delight on commentary. Check this one out in English if you have an hour to spare!

Yep the stuff between taichi v tjp is absolutely top quality

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

I hope this is right, because the New Japan website has it as Lee replacing Finlay, meaning Gedo would still be in!

Looking at World now and the match graphic for the 27th definitely has Jake replacing Gedo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bodyslam saying Mustafa Ali's promo at Windy City Riot on-air, and his off-air insistence on not losing, got him unbooked for BOSJ

quote:

Here we are, Mustafa Ali finally debuts for New Japan Pro-Wrestling. What does he do? He puts down Hiromu. You’d think I would be happy, you’d think I would have some sense of adulation, but I don’t. I don’t. In fact, I’m quite annoyed. I’m annoyed at the industry, I’m annoyed at New Japan Pro-Wrestling, I’m annoyed at so many things. So I’m just gonna go ahead and list them off.

I’m annoyed that this industry, we praise and we idolize these cowards, these cowards that hide behind contracts and cash, and yet they won’t say a peep about a genocide. You want controversy? We got guys fighting over broken glass, and that’s the talk of the industry for weeks. That. But we don’t want to talk about Mustafa Ali breaking records. 28, 29, you guys know how many wins I’ve had? 30-0 now? Cover of PWI, the first TNA X-Division Champion to do AJ since 2005. Won the X-Division Championship in my debut match for the loving company. But let’s talk about the guys with broken glass issues. Let’s talk about white girls with fat asses that hang out of their gear. That should get you all talking.

I am the industry. I am the man right now. You’re not giving me the respect that I deserve. Now, New Japan Pro-Wrestling has the audacity to have a tournament called the Best of the Super Juniors. News flash, ladies and gentleman. The best Super Junior heavyweight in the loving world is not in the tournament. How the gently caress can you have Best of the Super Juniors when the best super junior in the world is not in it? New Japan, better get your act together. Better change the name of that tournament to like Somewhat Adequate Super Juniors or some poo poo, I don’t know. I know my press secretary’s gonna call me, have a nightmare about this tantrum that I’m throwing, but I’m sick and tired of it.

So this is my plea to the world. This is my plea to the industry, this is my plea to every single wrestler across the world. I have been a a free agent. I have been the man this entire year. Four months now, and not a single person, not one single person that I’ve stepped in the ring with has made me doubt myself. Not one. Not the Amazing Red. Not Alex Shelley. Not Chris Sabin. Not Hiromu. There was never a point in that match where I felt like I couldn’t win. Yeah, I might have a little dent in my armor, a scratch on my face. That’s alright. There’s not a soul in this world that has made me question myself.

Here’s a challenge to the industry, to the world, to every single wrestler that I pissed off right now. Please, for once in my life, make me doubt myself. Make me believe that you’re the better man. It hasn’t happened yet. So to everyone that I’ve pissed off, hello. To all those that support me, I thank you. Good night, and remember, in Ali we trust

The company wanted him going "deep" but not winning the whole tournament

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
looking forward to what is now surely an imminent NWA debut for Ali

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Another Fedster succumbs to jobitis. It’s an epidemic in this marginalized community.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's coming back (to win) at Resurgence in a few weeks. 31-0

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Options were to make him win BOSJ or break the undefeated streak, which is apparently the main thing going on with him right now in TNA, so not participating was probably the best decision.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Chris James 2 posted:

Bodyslam saying Mustafa Ali's promo at Windy City Riot on-air, and his off-air insistence on not losing, got him unbooked for BOSJ

The company wanted him going "deep" but not winning the whole tournament

Imagine being booked in BOSJ and refusing to lose. You aren't Shingo.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I don't believe the story lol. Well not as presented by bodyslam and I'll tell you why

The bosj line up was announced at sakura genesis pre windy city riot.

But even if they got details wrong new japan would need to get Ali a work visa. Things like winning the tournament undefeated I'd assume would be discussed pre visa

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lid posted:

Imagine being booked in BOSJ and refusing to lose. You aren't Shingo.

Miro said no to the Continental Classic for the same reason

I don't want to believe it because it seems very unlike Ali to be that stingy, but also I fully support him if he is because unlike Miro he's worth the wins and should be champ

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Rocky says not true (original tweet deleted, but was about Ali)
https://x.com/azucarRoc/status/1783879164107595945

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I'd imagine if Ali refused to job/refused the BOSJ tour the finish wouldn't have been him pinning Hiromu it'd be some lame count out win or something else.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Road To show on in ~2 hours. Notable for having Yuya vs O-Khan in a two out of three falls match where one of the falls is a lemon eating contest.

I hope the rules are that you must devour the entire lemon, peel and rind and seeds and all.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Shame this is running at the same time as the All Japan and GanPro shows, guess that just means my evening plans are set :getin:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I'm watching the stardom show so if this is still going I'll catch the end I suppose

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wrasslin's on!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No English commentary tonight?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Let's start things on a high note with a Chase Owens match