Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Riddle is absolutely gonna be sticking around and probably in the G1 unless he gets kicked out of Japan. I'm confused why there wasnt any follow up with Ziggler vs Finlay

NJ Cup winner is gonna challenge the new Global title i bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i keep feeling like okhan is turning on united empire or at least ospreay

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i believe the LIJ vs J5G Gauntlet is tonight?

I remember playing some Japanese wrestling games that had Team vs Team matches that I assumed were like Survivor Series style matches but it was literally a tournament kind of style where the winner of each match keeps going until the other team is completely eliminated

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Tsuji/Uemura double count out and Sanada winning the title back lets go!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
that undercard is so bad

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i hope njpw can get a good english commentary team eventually

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao at okada not putting anyone over on the way out. what a guy lmao

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Finlays winning the NJ Cup

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I already told you guys, finlay dropped the midcard title so he can become iwgp champion to legitimize bullet club again. its why they're winning all the other titles again

but yes anniversary show

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
it wont happen but mox should beat naito for the iwgp title imo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
jack perry has like no charisma as a singles act and is doing a very try hard gimmick at the moment tied into the cm punk drama and some people want to move on. its very cringe.

also david finlay is winning the new japan cup

edit: i dont know if i missed it but it sounds like Minoru Suzuki is done in New Japan

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

fez_machine posted:

lmao every idea a western fan has is put the belt on my fave non-japanese wrestler

I mean Gedo's gonna put it on his new pet project THE REBEL DAVID FINLAY so why shouldnt it go on an actually better non japanese wrestler even if he is part time.

like 8 of the 13 titles are on non japanese talent and of the tag teams all of them are non japanese besides kenta who is teaming with chase loving owens

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 28, 2024

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the new play by play guy for njpw sounds very fake and radio voice not an interesting sports play by play voice

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
took the title off despy for this

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
one of the things i'm looking forward to with new japan is mox dropping naito on that pile of straw he calls hair

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
With Mox being off AEW TV for unspecified reasons I'm really thinking he's winning and tony was trying not run him ragged/risking him getting hurt by having tv matches/an aew ppv build to do

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
NJPW USA learn how to light a loving show god drat

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AZM vs Vaquer rocked which I dont think should be a surprise to those aware of either woman

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I feel like if the War Dogs were Gabe's partners they should have just announced them instead of being mystery partners

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
perry leaning into that chant to do a choke hold is A+ playing to the crowd and playing up the situation.

however positive vibes to the scapegoat gimmick, a gimmick that is very much just a heel character questions where jack would go when/if the punk stuff blows over and people stop caring

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
jack perry crowd work was great

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
muscular daryl is disgusting

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Investigate LIJ and strip Naito for providing a cat roids, imo

Looking like he raided AJ Styles and Randy Orton's stash

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
matt riddle with the worst crowd reaction of the night lmao

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
working the toes lmao

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Riddle has some pretty meh kicks for a legit fighter

imo he's regressed since evolve but also he's absolutely pulling those kicks. used to blast dudes with them he'd welt chests like chops

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

As much as the forum would prefer it to be the former, it's almost definitely the latter.

its a lot of the former too, he's gotten cold reactions at decent amount of the indie shows he's done

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
took that title the gently caress off of riddle after that interview about doing coke came out lol

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
a fun reminder that wwe wrestlers are deceptively tall

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
bloody mox, its been awhile

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
DEATH RIDER BABY LETS FUCKIN GO

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This is a real test of Moxley's drawing power, He himself has been Good to Great In the US and seems to be good in the one off Mexico match (2 others big ex wwe names too) so the real test is if he's on top and actually doing Japan dates is how those draw.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Mox Office Draw

SG Bamboo posted:

Agreed.

There's no chance i'll be as annoyed as the last time New Japan gave Moxley a belt, so theres that at least

last two times Moxley held IWGP gold a typhoon took his title away and then covid happened

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Stall_19 posted:

Aew, after covid is the worst thing to ever happen to njpw. Now I get to watch Stardom follow the same path of surrendering their dignity to Tony Kahn. Just great

that's partially new japan/bushiroads fault too. too cheap to pay their top guys

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
NJPW realizing that maybe a young lion doesnt need to gently caress around with excursions when they're already in their or near their 30s is good. Fujita just lucked out since he's 21

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Great O Khan and Yuya Uemura announced their stipulations the fans will vote on for their KOPW match https://www.f4wonline.com/news/new-japan/great-o-khan-yuya-uemura-present-kopw-stipulations-for-road-to-dontaku

Yuya:
Best of 3 falls, catch rules. No strikes allowed, grapples/throws/submissions only. 61 minute time limit. Loser buys 20 of Hiroshima's famous oysters for the winner

GOK:
Rural Revitalization 2. Best of 3 falls, no time limit. First fall is Mazda Tire Carrying Contest (whoever can bring 4 tires of the world-famous Hiroshima's own Mazda car to the ring first wins); second is Hiroshima Lemon Eating Contest. Third fall, if it comes to that, is a table match. If Yuya loses, he must buy 100 lemons, and drive a Mazda going forward

First one sounds like a better match but second sounds funnier hmmm

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Rocky will finally get that iwgp jr heavyweight title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
bike seat went up taguchi's rear end, out for a month