Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Riddle is absolutely gonna be sticking around and probably in the G1 unless he gets kicked out of Japan. I'm confused why there wasnt any follow up with Ziggler vs Finlay

NJ Cup winner is gonna challenge the new Global title i bet

spoiler alert riddle's absolutely getting jailed and banned from japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Okada's 100% going to WWE and that should have been obvious once he hired Barry Bloom as an agent. He didn't need to hire an agent to negotiate with BR or Tony, you name a price and either the former cries and says it'll bankrupt the company and Tony hands over a blank check.

You hire Barry Bloom as an agent because you want someone to see how much money you can get from Nick Kahn and Triple H.

Finish the story Cody? nope

Punk finally gets his mania main event? lolno

Rainmaker puts over the Tribal Chief? Ooooohaaaaaaa yessir

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Pylons posted:

The Elite and Ospreay were all represented by Barry Bloom in their most recent deals.

MassRafTer posted:

It's crazy Chris Jericho and The Elite signed with WWE.

Jericho has more value to AEW then WWE at this point, plus AEW lets him call his own shots while WWE he's either being used to put over younger talent or feuding with Baron Corbin.

Ospreay has said he didn't want to move full time to the US, which ruled out WWE. Ospreay also didn't want to fully leave New Japan, which ruled out WWE.

Bucks also have more value to AEW than WWE. AEW they're always going to be featured highly as figureheads of the company. WWE they're another team, plus the Usos have broken up and New Day's trio time is done with Big E's neck injury so the big money matchups for them are gone. Kenny would have value in WWE but if he's wanting to stay attached to the Bucks that's his call.

It's entirely possible that Okada's really wanting to go to AEW and is using Bloom to generate leverage, but why give up an agent's percentage when you're going to get whatever you want without one?

Gumball Gumption posted:

That makes zero sense unless your perception of Tony has been rotted out by Twitter

I'm sorry that Tony's tweets have rotted my perception of him.

Hope is dumb. Always expect the worst.

harperdc posted:

Funniest joke I saw was Okada to the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Shohei you deffering son of a bitch

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 19, 2024

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
goddammit quote

e

i am not here to spell correctly i am here to post

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The main eventers from the last five years of dome shows who are still with the company are Naito, SANADA, and Shingo. Gone are Okada/Ibushi/White/Ospreay kinda.

For reference, for WWE the last five years of Wrestlemania main events, still with WWE are Charlotte/Becky/AJ/Brock/McIntyre/Bianca/Roman/Owens/Jimmy Uso/Jay Uso/Sami/Cody, gone are Ronda/Undertaker/Sasha/Edge/Bryan/Stone Cold, and two of those are retirement.

It shows how a great chunk of the top end of New Japan has left for various (money) reasons, but also there's room for people to grow. It's not an apples to orange comparison because Wrassle Kingdome had people maining both nights while Wrestlemania hasn't (yet), but there's room to freshen up the top of the cards for New Japan, mostly out of necessity.

I said this in the prediction thread, but out of the new blood that's made their big returns in the past year or so, I'd say one to two get the big belt this year and one wins the G1 for certain. It's sink or swim for those kids whether Gedo and Co. wanted it to be that way or not.