Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So I'm not an NJPW guy but is Okada and Ospreay leaving at the same time a big nail in the NJPW coffin? Are they just a hosed-to-death burnout promotion with busted old guys, unproven young guys and nothing in between now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Tweak posted:

open your checkbook TK, dont let him debut at the rumble

also his wife being a VA is always brought up, but couldn't you easily do VA work from anywhere in the world with a good enough mic?

I thought so but I've heard another prominent voice actor recently talk about having to constantly travel to the respective studios for jobs.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So I just joined the conversation and from the sound of the posts it's the main event?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

KungFu Grip posted:

perry leaning into that chant to do a choke hold is A+ playing to the crowd and playing up the situation.

however positive vibes to the scapegoat gimmick, a gimmick that is very much just a heel character questions where jack would go when/if the punk stuff blows over and people stop caring

He'll just get blamed for something else; like losing B&G for the Elite in 2025.

Also: Mox being downcycled and playing ambassador for most of 2024 makes even more sense now. If NJPW fans are upset by this I can't blame them. Between Ospreay and Okada leaving and their guy losing to an AEW guy they gotta be feeling pretty looked over and unloved at the moment. Stay strong NJPW fans. I'm an AEW fan so I don't share your rancor but I understand and respect it.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Apr 13, 2024