Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

In a better world we could have had Tom Lawler challenging for the belt :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Wonder if they'll add Giulia vs. Trish Adora based on recent Stardom events? I don't see Trish taking the STRONG title off of her but we may be running out of time for alternatives.

Can't imagine Sukeban will require Guilia to drop the belt once they sign her, they let Sareee keep her SEAdLINNNG title

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm confused why there wasnt any follow up with Ziggler vs Finlay

They've planted some seeds

https://twitter.com/IssitaMarie/status/1742864370973941957

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

On board for the TMDK double

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The last American show worked fine on World through a vpn, though the audio production on the preshow was so bad I didn't end up staying up to watch it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Making friends the world over

https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1746870372773908519

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This sucks, guess they'll have to pull the trigger on the Musketeers at the NJC, or finally give Zack the big belt

Tanahashi going from the man who saved New Japan in the mid 00s to killing it in the mid 20s

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The thought occured to me that they might put the belt back on EVIL to pad out the time until they need to pull the trigger on a new main event face, and that's the worst possible timeline

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Who's going to be in charge of CHAOS now?!

Okada wasn't aware he was in CHAOS, let alone their leader

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The worst thing about this whole situation is that Kaito will never get his win back

e: Oh poo poo the thought just occured to me, does this news all but guarantee that Okada and Pals will be dropping the belts to Big Fuj and his Aussie Uncles at New Beginning?

I've changed my mind, New Japan has been saved

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 19, 2024

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kaveman posted:

AJ and Nak leaving allowed for Omega to step up to HW which made room for Ospreay (and Takahashi) and they could really cement Okada as the top guy.

Ospreay leaving should give Zack a boost and following him should be Gabe Kidd.

Okada leaving should let Naito have a proper god tier run up top. If not Shingo is there.
Major difference is theres no clear youngster to pick up the torch like with Okada. But they've got some great candidates.

I really hope this isn't true. Naito got the roll call, it was a great moment, have him lose to that young (tbd) NJC winner and force the future.

Or that fanfiction that got posted about Mox winning the belt and turning heel on Shota. That'd be pretty funny

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Early show today, tentatively excited for this match even if Oka's last challenge for the belt was pretty dire

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1748548402856841280

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Young Lion match starting now, 30 to main card

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That transistion into the leglock from Kato looked vicious, he's got a couple of tricks even if Murashima looks the more comfortable in the ring

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Okada's shock exit has kind of taken the focus away from Tama's last tour as champ

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This is the fastest i've seen Yujiro walk to the ring in years

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Honma getting advantange during the 2-on-1 is a scathing indictment

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Still waiting on that greasy bastard Newman to turn on THE ASWANG and join War Dogs

Or Akira, that works as well

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

Newman feels like too much of a softboi to turn on anyone

Must just be my natural dislike of the British, he's got that rat look about him

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That could have been a knockout elbow

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Frienship with Ren Narita ended, now Master Wato is my Best Friend

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

Losing the blue hair dye is the best thing to ever happen to Wato.

Also losing the hot pink accents on the tights

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

All hail our future 6-man champs

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

"Are we on Tout?" :lol:

Let's go Taiji

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Getting his cardio in before the fitness break

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Taiji blitzing through these excercises like he's at the crossfit games

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:laffo:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

What the gently caress?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was certainly a match that happened

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:geno:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

What a way to finish the New Beginning

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was throughly expected but jesus did it loving go forever

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sooper Gila posted:

yeah I'm gonna miss him all things considered. Also wanna note the original GoD theme was the best entrance music of it's time.

If ever there was wrestling music to gently caress to, it was the original GoD theme

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1748672864184914141

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Tsuji pulling the twin magic was one of the best moments of the G1, if only for Gabe laying them both out and getting to scream gently caress you Tsuji twice in one sentence

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1748701069239066729

A quick look on imdb shows that he's in episodes 4 and 10

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Checking out the faction video New Japan put out a few weeks ago and saw a couple of interesting things:

- Strong Style are still listed as separate to the rest of Hontai despite only having two members, hopefully means there'll be a new member soon
- House of Torture are still listed as Bullet Club, meaning there are currently 16 active BC members
- United Empire still lists Aussie Open, never really thought about them having 9 guys at one point

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh man, I was going to watch as soon as I got home to see my local boys and Big Fuj win the belts, now I'm just bummed out :(

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

CHAOS getting folded back into GBH would be the funniest ending for their saga

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

One other point of difference I didn't see posted about is the relative lack of in ring promos, unless it's something big it's usually only the winner of the main event that gets mic time in front of the audience. Instead, there are backstage interviews for pretty much every wrestler in every match, which are all posted the next day on the NJPW World Yotube page with subtitles. These have always been great for character quirks that can't be coveyed as easily during matches, the most relevant recent thing is that Gabe Kidd's constant chirping is starting to wear on David Finlay which ads another little wrinkle into the upcoming 5 vs 5 cage match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The Cameo posted:

I really do wonder how in the gently caress a company that has run like two cage matches in its history is going to pull off a literal 5-on-5 cage match, that is a poo poo ton of bodies in a confined space.

I have to imagine there'll be maybe three big spots starring everybody before 2 or 3 guys on each side escape the cage and we get lets say 10 minutes of 2 on 2 before the finish