Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Note that the Road To show on the 31st with the provisional KOPW defense is *not* on the streaming schedule. I'm sure that will be uploaded on its own

There is one Road To Sakura Genesis show that will be streamed live and in its entirety, predictably from Korakuen Hall.

Road to SAKURA GENESIS
April 3rd at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST/18:30 JST
Korakuen Hall

Shoma Kato and Katsuay Murashima vs. House of Torture (EVIL and Yujiro Takahashi)
YTR, Yano, TMIV, Taguchi, and Oleg vs. J5G (SANADA, Taichi, Uemura, DOUKI, and TAkA)
YOSHI-HASHI and El Desperado vs. Bullet Club (Chase Owens and Taiji Ishimori
Gauntlet Match:International Jet Setters and Tomohiro Ishii vs. United Empire (Catch 2/2 and Callum Newman) - winner faces Bullet Club (Connors, Maloney, and Gedo)
Shingo Takagi vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Shota Umino and YOH vs. House of Torture (Ren Narita and SHO)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi vs. L.I.J (Yota Tsuji and BUSHI)

SAKURA GENESIS
April 6th at 4:00 AM EDT/9:00 BST/17:00 JST
Ryogoku Koukugikan

El Desperado and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr. and Kosei Fujita)
L.I.J (Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (David Finlay and Gedo)
J5G (SANADA, Yuya Uemura, and DOUKI) vs. United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Great-O-Khan, and Callum Newman)
IWGP Jr. Heavy Tag Championship 3 Way:BC War Dogs(c) (Clark Connors and Drilla Moloney. vs. Catch 2/2 vs. International Jet Setters
IWGP Tag Championship:Bullet Club(c) (KENTA and Chase Owens) vs. Bishamon
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship:SHO(c) vs. YOH
Special Tag Match:Jon Moxley and Shota Umino vs. House of Torture (Ren Narita and Jack Perry)
NEVER Openweight Championship:EVIL(c) vs. Shingo Takagi
IWGP World Heavyweight Championship:Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. Yota Tsuji

Thauros fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

reserved for tournament results and misc

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://x.com/njpw1972/status/1743452817212465477?s=20

yeah we can add a few more matches now

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Full card is out. We still have no details on the domestic new beginnig tour but i imagine we should have the cards soon. For anyone rediscovering the company after a hiatus Battle In the Valley will be a ppv sadly like all US shows and will stream on World live in Japan only.

Battle in The Valley
January 13th at 22:00 EST/January 14th at 3:00 GMT/12:00 JST
San Jose Civic Center

Preshow Match:Matt Vandergriff vs. Goldy
Preshow Match:Viva Van vs. Stephanie Vaquer

Main Card

Shota Umino, Fred Rosser, and Jacob Fatu vs. Team Filthy (Tom Lawlor and West Coast Wrecking Crew)
Volador Jr. and Mascara Dorada vs. Soberano Jr. and Rocky Romero
TJP vs. David Finlay
NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Championship: Guerillias of Destiny(c) (El-P and Hikuleo) vs. Bullet Club War Dogs (Clark Connors and Alex Couglin)
NJPW STRONG Women's Championship:Giulia(c) vs. Trish Adora
Matt Riddle and X vs. TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr. and Bad Dude Tito)
Continental Triple Crown:Eddie Kingston(c) vs. Gabe Kidd
No DQ:Shingo Takagi vs. Jon Moxley
Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

the san jose show as i noted in the op will be streamed on world but geolocked to japanese ips. the legal way to watch outside of japan is ppv. all regular domestic shows are on world, collab shows like the 2022-2023 x NOAH shows are the exception.

the one i thought was bullshit was doing the STRONG korakuens as PPVs.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

New Japan US show. tonight: $19.99 ppv on fite, streaming on world in Japan.

Battle in The Valley
January 13th at 22:00 EST/January 14th at 3:00 GMT/12:00 JST
San Jose Civic Center

Preshow Match:Matt Vandergriff vs. Goldy
Preshow Match:Viva Van vs. Stephanie Vaquer

Main Card

Shota Umino, Fred Rosser, and Jacob Fatu vs. Team Filthy (Tom Lawlor and West Coast Wrecking Crew)
Volador Jr. and Mascara Dorada vs. Soberano Jr. and Rocky Romero
TJP vs. David Finlay
NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Championship: Guerillias of Destiny(c) (El-P and Hikuleo) vs. Bullet Club War Dogs (Clark Connors and Alex Couglin)
NJPW STRONG Women's Championship:Giulia(c) vs. Trish Adora
Matt Riddle and X vs. TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr. and Bad Dude Tito)
Continental Triple Crown:Eddie Kingston(c) vs. Gabe Kidd
No DQ:Shingo Takagi vs. Jon Moxley
Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay

remaining January schedule:

New Beginning in Nagoya
January 20th at 3:00 EST/8:00 GMT/17:00 JST
Dolphins Arena

Kickoff Match 30 minutes before gong:Shoma Kato vs. Katsuya Murashima
Shota Umino and Tomoaki Honma vs. House Of Torture (Ren Narita and Yujiro Takahashi)
United Empire (Cobb, Henare, Catch 2/2, Newman) vs. BC War Dogs (Finlay, Coughlin, Kidd, Connors, and Maloney)
DespeWato vs. House of Torture (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and SHO)
G.o.D (El Phantasmo and Hikuleo) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA and Chase Owens)
Okada, Tana, Ishii, and Makabe vs. TMDK (ZSJ, Haste, Nicholls, and Fujita)
L.I.J (Naito, Shingo, Tsuji, Hiromu, and BUSHI) vs. Just 5 Guys (SANADA, Taichi, Uemura, DOUKI, and TAKA)
KOPW 2024 Provisional:Taiji Ishimori(h) vs. Great-O-Khan
NEVER Openweight Championship:Tama Tonga(c) vs. EVIL

Road to THE NEW BEGINNING
January 23rd at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT/18:30 JST
Korakuen Hall

Ryusuke Taguchi and Katsuya Murashima vs. YOH and Shoma Kato
United Empire (Cobb, Henare, Catch 2/2, Newman) vs. BC War Dogs (Finlay, Coughlin, Kidd, Connors, and Maloney)
G.o.D (El-P, Hikuleo, and Jado) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Chase Owens, and Taiji Ishimori)
Okada, Tana, Ishii, and Honma vs. TMDK (ZSJ, Haste, Nicholls, and Fujita)
Tama Tonga, Shota Umino, and Togi Makabe vs. House of Torture (EVIL, Ren Narita, an Yujiro Takahashi)
L.I.J (Naito, Shingo, Tsuji, Hiromu, and BUSHI) vs. Just 5 Guys (SANADA, Taichi, Uemura, DOUKI, and TAKA)
Master Wato vs. SHO
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champiobship:El Desperado(c) vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru

January 24rd at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT/18:30 JST
Korakuen Hall

Toru Yano and Katsuya Murashima vs. Boltin Oleg and Shoma Kato
El-P, Hikuleo, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Chase Owens, and Taiji Ishimori)
Tonga, Despe, Wato, and Honma vs. House of Torture (EVIL,SHO, Yujiro, and Kanemaru)
Okada, Tana, Ishii, and TMIV vs. TMDK (ZSJ, Haste, Nicholls, and Fujita)
L.I.J (Shingo Takagi, Yota Tsuji, and BUSHI) vs. Just 5 Guys (Taichi, Yuya Uemura, and TAKA Michinoku)
L.i.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi) vs. Just 5 Guys (SANADA and DOUKI)
Shota Umino vs. Ren Narita

Thauros fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 14, 2024

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

gently caress

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://x.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1748169911850201582?s=20

i thibk the company was holding out hope too

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Barry Bluejeans posted:

It certainly feels like it, though I'd be happy for someone with more knowledge of the situation to explain why it's Actually Not That Bad

yeah losing their top guy is really loving bad. nakamura was incredibly over but was decidely number 3 in the pecking order and never even challenged for the heavyweight belt during the br era.

yes this might gice them a needed kick to push new people but its a lot easier to do so when the company feels healthy and you have more than 1 really over established top line guy to do so.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

Here's hoping Okada' last match will involve him getting pinned by YOSHI-HASHI :pray:

https://www.njpw1972.com/168269

they've moved up the trios match and okada vs tana is on osaka

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

New Beginning in Nagoya
January 20th at 3:00 EST/8:00 GMT/17:00 JST
Dolphins Arena

Kickoff Match 30 minutes before gong:Shoma Kato vs. Katsuya Murashima
Shota Umino and Tomoaki Honma vs. House Of Torture (Ren Narita and Yujiro Takahashi)
DespeWato vs. House of Torture (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and SHO)
G.o.D (El Phantasmo and Hikuleo) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA and Chase Owens)
Okada, Tana, Ishii, and Makabe vs. TMDK (ZSJ, Haste, Nicholls, and Fujita)
KOPW 2024 Provisional:Taiji Ishimori(h) vs. Great-O-Khan
NEVER Openweight Championship:Tama Tonga(c) vs. EVIL

January 23rd at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT/18:30 JST
Korakuen Hall

Ryusuke Taguchi and Katsuya Murashima vs. YOH and Shoma Kato
G.o.D (El-P, Hikuleo, and Jado) vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Chase Owens, and Taiji Ishimori)
Okada, Tana, Ishii, and Honma vs. TMDK (ZSJ, Haste, Nicholls, and Fujita)
Tama Tonga, Shota Umino, and Togi Makabe vs. House of Torture (EVIL, Ren Narita, an Yujiro Takahashi)
Master Wato vs. SHO
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champiobship:El Desperado(c) vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru

January 24th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT/18:30 JST
Korakuen Hall

Toru Yano and Katsuya Murashima vs. Boltin Oleg and Shoma Kato
El-P, Hikuleo, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, Chase Owens, and Taiji Ishimori)
Tiger Mask vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Tonga, Despe, Wato, and Honma vs. House of Torture (EVIL,SHO, Yujiro, and Kanemaru)
L.I.J (Shingo Takagi, Yota Tsuji, and BUSHI) vs. Just 5 Guys (Taichi, Yuya Uemura, and TAKA Michinoku)
L.i.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi) vs. Just 5 Guys (SANADA and DOUKI)
NEVER Openweight Troios Championhip: Kazuchika Okada, Hirohi Tanahashi, and Tomohiro Ishii(c) vs. TMDK (Mikey Nicholls, Shane Haste, and Kosei Fujita)
Shota Umino vs. Ren Narita

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

those aren't nearly as important as the ic title 6 six years ago but still i'm gonna be pissed if he just walks without dropping them.

at least let fujita beat ishii as they desperately need to build new stars if okada won't job

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yep. i get the point broight up in a discord that the crowd would've rejected fujita beating okada but either let him beat ishii or have a loving clear plan to elevate which i jsut don't trust they have rn.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I can see why they wanted him to get a nice moment in front of Korakuen but I do think it would have been better to lose the titles rather than vacating them. It's gonna take awhile to get those titles feeling important again.

the nakamura stuff eight loving years ago left a bad taste in my mouth as naito echoed years later

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

If he wanted a nice moment in Korakuen he should've not left. You go out on your back. It didn't even need to be Okada being pinned by Fujita, have him put over Mad Mikey, he had a cracking 2023 AND has already washed out of WWE.

I can't decide what would make me madder, Okada puts over no one on this tour & takes no pinfalls, or Okada puts over only Tana.

it's not even "gently caress you for leaving" but they NEED to start establishing new guys. let him beat ishii as original tmdk holds okada back at least that mightve gone over better.

seven people have held the heavyweight title in it's current lineage. four of them are gone, one has been relegated to the midcard, and one is SANADA. naito is literally the only made tdome main event level guy they have seince tana hasn't been pushed at that level in a while. you need guys to make guys

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I wanted Shota to beat Ospreay in his match and I still think that would have been the right thing to do on the night. He was so loving incredibly over on that night, he's always looked like a star but he looked like a STAR on that night.

i was in the building and they absolutely should've done that

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

the amount of fans who just don't seem to give a gently caress compared to those who came to see the real star off is very concerning....

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

just woke up, how ws the undercar? obv i want to see okada/tana

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

dorry for lack of updte will get one up for fantasticamania doday

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

the steel fence match is veryfunny but drat its weird to see ospreay finish up. completlely different emotions than just getting bummed out seeing okada

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

akira's been so good ever since catch 2/2 started. rememberbeing very underwhelmed by his first bosj

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Fantasticamania opener in a little under an hour. The next streamed show isn't until Friday

NJPW presents CMLL Fantasticamania
Edion Arena #2
February 12th at 4:00 EDT/9:00 GMT

DOUKI and Difunto vs. Bullet Club (Gedo and Taiji Ishimori)
Match Relampago:Tiger Mask vs. Magnus
Stigma, Despe, Brilante Jr. and Taguchi vs. L.I.J (Titán, Naito, Kamaitachi, and Bushi)
Honma, Dark Panther, and Pegasso vs. Okumura, YOH, and Strong Machine J
Volador Jr, Atlantis jr, and Templario vs. Hechicero, Rocky Romero, and Soberano Jr.
Mistico, Mascara Dorada, and Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Ultimo Guerrero, Stuka Jr, and Francesco Akira

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oh and this isnt on the official us site yet but

https://x.com/TheChrisSamsa/status/1756908513324863743?s=20

kidna anticlimatic but at least no more damage is being done as he clearly isnt putting anyone over

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ok let me update from the airport while i can...

big korakuen doubleshot to end the tour. Rocky vs. Volador was a killer match in CMLL so def watchif you missed those

NJPW PRESENTS CMLL FANTASTICAMANIA
Feb 18th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT/18:30 JST
Koraluen Hall

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Pegasso, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Tomoaki Honma, Tiger Mask, and YOH
L.I.J (Naito, Tsuji, KAMAITACHI, and BUSHI) vs. Magnus, Yujiro, Kanemaru, and SHO
Titán vs. Brilliante Jr
Atlantis Jr, MUSASHI, and Dark Panther vs. Hechicero, OKUMURA, and DOUKI
Black Cat Memorial Match:Mistico, Mascara Dorada, Stigma, and Despe vs. UG, Stuka Jr, F. Akira, and Dufinta
Soberano Jr. vs. Templario
Volador Jr. vs. Rocky Romero

NJPW PRESENTS CMLL FANTASTICAMANIA
Feb 19th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT/18:30 JST
Koraluen Hall

Relavos Incredibles:Brillante Jr, Ryusuke Taguchi, and YOH vs. Stigma, Pegasso, and Francesco Akira
L.I.J (Titán, Naito, KAMAITACHI, and BUSHI) vs. Magnus, Difunto, Kanemaru, and SHO)
Dark Panther vs. OKUMURA
Relevos Incredibles:Volador Jr, Templario, Desperado, and MUSASHI vs. Rocky, Soberano Jr, Tana, and TMIV
Mistico vs. Último Guerrero
Máscara Dorada vs. Stuka Jr.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

it's an early show for americans, take advantage and watch. Should be a better show than night 1 at least lol and i'm genuinely hyped for the apuestas

New Beginnign in Sapporo
February 24th at 00:00 EST/5:00 GMT/14:00 JST
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center

Frontier Zone:Toru Yano and Tomoya vs. Tomoaki Honma and Katsuya Murayama
Umino, Despe, Makabe, YOH, and Oleg vs. House of Torture (EVIL, SHO, Narita, Yujiro, and Kanemaru)
Okada's Farewell:Okada, Tana, Ishii, and Bishamon vs. Riddle, Cobb, O-Khan, HENARE, and Akira
Tama Tonga's Farewell:G.o.D (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) vs. G.o.D (Hikuleo and El Phantasmo
Nic Nemeth and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Bullet Club (David Finlay and Gedo)
BUSHI vs. TAKA Michinoku
Hiromu Takahashi vs. DOUKI
Shingo Takagi vs. Taichi
Hair vs. Hair Apuestas:Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura
IWGP World Heavyweight Championship:Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. SANADA

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

coming back a few times a year not to job will help pop a few numbers for a big show perhaps but it's not going to to poo poo to help establish the people they need to

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

glad i fell asleep as this started for a nap and now i should be able ot be up for the main stuff

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Shota should have beaten Ospreay for the US Title :mad:

i was in the building for that and absolutely

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

really good match and correct result but not as over in the building as i would've liked

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

got a njc thread up a day late

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

mox as champ would be cool in a vacuum, he's v cool and over. i don't want to see it unless he could work more or less full time tho and lol that aint happening

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Note that the Road To show on the 31st with the provisional KOPW defense is *not* on the streaming schedule. I'm sure that will be uploaded on its own

There is one Road To Sakura Genesis show that will be streamed live and in its entirety, predictably from Korakuen Hall.

Road to SAKURA GENESIS
April 3rd at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST/18:30 JST
Korakuen Hall

Shoma Kato and Katsuay Murashima vs. House of Torture (EVIL and Yujiro Takahashi)
YTR, Yano, TMIV, Taguchi, and Oleg vs. J5G (SANADA, Taichi, Uemura, DOUKI, and TAkA)
YOSHI-HASHI and El Desperado vs. Bullet Club (Chase Owens and Taiji Ishimori
Gauntlet Match:International Jet Setters and Tomohiro Ishii vs. United Empire (Catch 2/2 and Callum Newman) - winner faces Bullet Club (Connors, Maloney, and Gedo)
Shingo Takagi vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Shota Umino and YOH vs. House of Torture (Ren Narita and SHO)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi vs. L.I.J (Yota Tsuji and BUSHI)

SAKURA GENESIS
April 6th at 4:00 AM EDT/9:00 BST/17:00 JST
Ryogoku Koukugikan

El Desperado and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr. and Kosei Fujita)
L.I.J (Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (David Finlay and Gedo)
J5G (SANADA, Yuya Uemura, and DOUKI) vs. United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Great-O-Khan, and Callum Newman)
IWGP Jr. Heavy Tag Championship 3 Way:BC War Dogs(c) (Clark Connors and Drilla Moloney. vs. Catch 2/2 vs. International Jet Setters
IWGP Tag Championship:Bullet Club(c) (KENTA and Chase Owens) vs. Bishamon
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship:SHO(c) vs. YOH
Special Tag Match:Jon Moxley and Shota Umino vs. House of Torture (Ren Narita and Jack Perry)
NEVER Openweight Championship:EVIL(c) vs. Shingo Takagi
IWGP World Heavyweight Championship:Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. Yota Tsuji

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oh wow. ayato yoshida was getting the jr shibata treatment a bit before narita ever did until the k-dojo split.

forkboy84 posted:

That's 2AW Openweight Champion Takuro Niki!

i know gently caress all about 2aw except for the fact that i know yoshida ended up on that half of the split and i read that as "haruna neko" at first which would've been quite a booking decisio

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

woke up right before the finish of the jr tag match. this is a bummer obv

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

There's no chance Tsuji's winning this one with the American show next week, but what if he does :stare:

what sucks is that they're doing the wwe thing with the cool babyface promising sometthing the fans want and saying the company hosed up and he can't and won't deliver

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://www.njpw1972.com/175523

not a surprise post rossy but hopefully this means stardom streaming on world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

certainly wasn't expecting a jake lee run in