Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was planning to watch today anyway so I guess I would have found out now but finding out via NJPW Supercard notifications or whatever about Okada sure was something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lmao a TOUT joke.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Tbh njpw has the foundations to get through this. Lots to like

Booking has to pull it off

I've been pretty happy with the past year and Okada was already a bit on the back burner the second half of the year so I'm pretty confident NJPW is gonna stay good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I love KOPW.

Jerusalem posted:

I thought they'd had a pretty drat good 2023 as well, though obviously I would have liked Okada to be a more central focus than he was. I did love his "I've had it with these loving kids" character and I'm sad we won't get to see any more of that in New Japan.

Same, I wanted a year of him going at all the cool new young guys.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ishimori is a beast.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
LOL

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Aesculus posted:

KOPW is the greatest, strongest, most prestigious championship in professional wrestling

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat I miss KENTA's good hair.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Do the camera men have to join in on the beat down if the guys get tossed their way?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
For a second I thought Red Shoes wasn't going to count and we were going ot have a heel ref making this even worse.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ren wearing some semi-rare LeBrons.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I find HoT antics to be funny more often than not, I think at least with this one knowing that it was Tama's last single sort of took the stakes out of it enough for it to not be absurd enough to be funny. It was just waiting for whatever blow finally took him out for good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol I bit

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Okada practicing having to give everyone a handshake or get put in Wrestling Court by the Miz.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Thauros posted:

those aren't nearly as important as the ic title 6 six years ago but still i'm gonna be pissed if he just walks without dropping them.

at least let fujita beat ishii as they desperately need to build new stars if okada won't job

Apparently he announced he vacated

https://x.com/njpwglobal/status/1750123387278807227?s=46&t=aKcI5w-ITyMblbTTR26ohw

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
With as infrequently as they defend those belts they should just leave them on Okada until he returns in two years.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ishii just having like his bog standard phone it in road to trios match being like a 3.9 stars match makes me think he's doing something right by repeating it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Good double count out.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Is Finlay getting bigger?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The ZSJ/Danielson match on New Beginnings was very good, made me glad I took the time to watch the show that I just did not remember was on Saturday. Cage match was extremely backyard.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat I have a feeling I missed something dope.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Aesculus posted:

YOU

ALREADY

BALD

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Okada dodging Tsuji to go wrestle Rick Starks on Collision, I'm disappointed too man.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I think Perry is really good and has a ton of potential but he should absolutely not be beating Shota at this point in time

Seems like a Bullet Club angle setup to me but I hope I'm wrong.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

:confused: I think pretty much everyone's been saying 'they should push Shota/Tsuji/Uemura'?

I think they should push them but also I think people here underestimate how successful Naito is and that those guys developing another year or two with him on top is okay.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

yea ok posted:

whats the consensus on fat boy walker? seems like he's improving pretty quickly with the nerd guiding him along

He is kind of just there for me, I don't love or hate him. He pretty wisely just shuts up and lets Chris talk when it's time for the announcer to help make the story.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Dude is going from living Dude Where's My Car to Enter the Void.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Gino’s on a heater

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
“It’s a measuring device “

Lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I wonder what that Yano beverage tastes like.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Heck yeah, do that poo poo Y-h.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
No thanks@this

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Now I don't watch US wrestling but based on the insane discourse around this bloke I'm very curious

He's Fine. He can have a good match. I just think the goat hat is dumb especially if his character is he's mad about his silly gimmicks of the past.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Rick posted:

Seems like a Bullet Club angle setup to me but I hope I'm wrong.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Chris just called me "no one" )=

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Even when this match has the inevitable clusterfuck ending it's nice seeing Sho be a bit more serious again for a little while.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Now we are gonna get a good old fashioned Passion of Naito match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Hahah that pop for the Naito low blow.

Sooper Gila posted:

If SHO was the only member of HoT - i.e. he was the only dude who did this kind of poo poo in the company - he'd be one of my favorite guys. He's much better at it than any of the others

He seems to really love the role and has a lot more fun with it than he seemed to in his previous stuff.